Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd August 2007, 15:12   #331
Senior - BHPian

Lovely before and after pics mate. Great job. Enjoy the car now and give us a report to read soon!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:17   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Quite a few, but the good news is that I don't have to restrict the revs to 3000. Can go to 4000+ when I want to.
Car felt nice at the higher revs. This is typical Lancer though. It's not as peppy at the low-end, but it kinda gets a kick-start (and you can actually feel the surge, almost like a turbo kicking in after the lag) once it crosses 3000 RPM or so. Am hoping that once the engine parts bed in nicely, the low-end will do better.
As far as I remember you had told me that the FFE was custom built for low end boost since Lancer already has a good mid and top end. Then why are you feeling this lag?
BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:49   #333
BHPian

razor, great work on your black beauty...enjoy the ride..
babureddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:53   #334
Team-BHP Support

nice comparison razor.. your cars looking great. have you got the peddars yet? and installed the air filter and the tri-phase?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:23   #335
Senior - BHPian

@babureddy, V-16, akshay: thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
have you got the peddars yet? and installed the air filter and the tri-phase?
nope, on all counts. mentioned this a few posts back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
As far as I remember you had told me that the FFE was custom built for low end boost since Lancer already has a good mid and top end. Then why are you feeling this lag?
Good point. Will have a chat with viper about this. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the engine being newly overhauled. It takes time for the overall smoothness and power delivery to come about. If I compare the current output & smoothness vs what was the there upon delivery, I would say there has been a positive change. Will give it a few more days to bed in, and then will see where we stand.

@viper: any comments on this query?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:50   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good point. Will have a chat with viper about this. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the engine being newly overhauled. It takes time for the overall smoothness and power delivery to come about. If I compare the current output & smoothness vs what was the there upon delivery, I would say there has been a positive change. Will give it a few more days to bed in, and then will see where we stand.

On that point, it will be worthwhile to do a compression test of the cylinders. It will take time to generate the optimum compression, and thats why the running-in is crucial.

On a different note, tuning the exhaust wont affect your engines torque characteristics. Its just that the exhaust is tuned to offer best extraction at a certain rpm range. So you will see a improvement in pickup in the rpm-range at which the exhaust is tuned, but not much. To get more, you will need headwork, (which I guess you already have gotten done).
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:03   #337
BANNED

Quote:
Abhishek,

Complete the running in as discussed, retorque the head and adjust tappets. See the way the car moves after that and then post your reviews/comments on anything related to the performance figures.

It is not the right time to make judgements.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:43   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Abhishek,

Complete the running in as discussed, retorque the head and adjust tappets. See the way the car moves after that and then post your reviews/comments on anything related to the performance figures.

It is not the right time to make judgements.

Viper
Yup, that's right. Which is why I said I'll have to be patient about this
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:46   #339
Senior - BHPian

@ Razor - Great Photographic Essay. Car Looks great, hope all the other stuff is completed fast & you get to drive THE PHOENIX to it's full potential at the earliest.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 00:48   #340
Senior - BHPian

Hey Razor, have the pedders arrived, how are you know, hope you got back in the pink of health.

Looking forward to the cost sheet.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 10:43   #341
Senior - BHPian

@ Busa - peddars have not arrived yet. so he is facing few issues like steering vibration and wobble at high speeds.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 12:43   #342
Senior - BHPian

That seems more like a Wheel Balancing issue rather than a suspension issue. Unless of course, his front suspension is completely shot.

Last edited by iraghava : 30th August 2007 at 12:49.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:47   #343
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Pedders:
Got a call saying that they had been delayed even further. The new expected delivery date is sometime around end-Sep. I don't know what to say any more.

@ishan: Wheels were balanced, so this seems to be a steering/suspension issue. But I don't want to spend any money on the suspension until the Pedders arrive and I do the complete overhaul.

@Busa: that price sheet is on its way. been stuck in office all these days, and now i'm at home sick.
What an irony... I spend so much time, effort and money to build my perfect car, and I don't even get the time to drive it. Looking forward to better days...
Old 31st August 2007, 18:36   #344
Senior - BHPian

[quote=razor4077;548672]Update on the Pedders:
Got a call saying that they had been delayed even further. The new expected delivery date is sometime around end-Sep. I don't know what to say any more.

@ Razor.

I suggest that you go with KONI instead of the endless wait for the Pedders. The complete suspension other than the shockers can surely be done - I suggest that yo get that done, or else you may damage the new tyres. The steering & suspension overhaul is of paramount importance to actually get the feel of a re-done car.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 18:58   #345
Senior - BHPian

How much for Konis? Any other brands I can also consider?
The Koni comparable to Pedders Comfort Gas would probably be Koni FSD. I think this costs around 35k (10k+ more than the Pedders).