Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th September 2007, 11:43   #361
Senior - BHPian

Ok, no problem! But it seems that finally your car might be ready before its scheduled unveiling to the general public at the 2010 Commonwealth Games eh?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 13:41   #362
BHPian

Great... i am sure those pedders would have been used on someone elses car and razor had been delayed... now since he asked for a refund and cancelling so the pedders have been taken back and thats why they have suddenly arrived back. j/k

Very nice car and thread. Great work
kjdesigns_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 00:43   #363
Senior - BHPian

@Ishan: Yep, too bad about the C'wealth games. I had gotten myself and Phoenix a spot in the opening ceremony... just behind the Chak De women's hockey team. Their captain was supposed to ride with me. There goes my dream :(

@kjdesigns: now u got me all worried dude. will keep my eyes open now
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 00:54   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@Ishan: Yep, too bad about the C'wealth games. I had gotten myself and Phoenix a spot in the opening ceremony... just behind the Chak De women's hockey team. Their captain was supposed to ride with me. There goes my dream :(
Well you could have Phoenix Redux in 2010. With a MIVEC

Quote:
@kjdesigns: now u got me all worried dude. will keep my eyes open now
Yes you do that. Anyone has any pointers on what sort of telltale signs to look out for here ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 15:35   #365
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed interesting..Cancellation of oeder = Immediate Delivery Well, I doubt if they'd actually have taken back the shockers from someone they'd installed it for, would the guy who had them not crib ??

If the Shox are at all gotten back after fitting into a car the metal bushes (inside the rubber bushes) would have marks - should be easy to tell when you get to see them. Hope your car runs great after the install.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 13:15   #366
Senior - BHPian

oye! update this thread with pics if possible.

@ guys - heard that the Peddars are here.

i havent yet seen the Phoenix in person. :(

Last edited by planet_rocker : 8th September 2007 at 13:17.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 15:31   #367
Senior - BHPian

Default Pedders are here, finally!

As Planet said, the Pedders Comfort Gas struts are here. It was a true test of patience, but I hope it'll be worth it after everything.
Thanks to Rudra da and Farhan for their help.
Full suspension overhaul plus baaki outstanding work to be done next week.

Pics of the Pedders:

Old 8th September 2007, 15:41   #368
Senior - BHPian

oh great! get the work done before the drive. who will fit them? GLIX?
Old 10th September 2007, 17:42   #369
BHPian

Congrats on the suspension Abhishek, glad you "finally" got them.

As a clarification: -

I know Krupesh on a personal level and can vouch for his integrity. All can be rest assured that the struts are brand new and have not been removed from some one elses car. He does not resort to such cheap tactics.

About how they Miraculously turned up is something you will have to take up with the India customs department. They have some "MIRACULOUS" procedures in place.

And just for the record, Krupesh had offer abhishek a refund long back. I am also given to understand that the payment made by Abhishek via cheque was not presented for payment, until delivery was given. Abhishek, if I am wrong I stand corrected.

I think if all of us practice a little self restraint with regards to our comments, there will be more peace and harmony.

cheers.

Last edited by Sideways : 10th September 2007 at 17:45.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 17:52   #370
Senior - BHPian

@ sideways - the delay was because of the customs. as in my case - i received the aftermarket headers within 10 days after ordering. as for the Kol gang pulling his leg - we all know what he went through. first it was the console paints by HM and then the peddars.

but i am sure that he is a happy man at the end of the day.
Old 11th September 2007, 00:01   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Congrats on the suspension Abhishek, glad you "finally" got them.

As a clarification: -

I know Krupesh on a personal level and can vouch for his integrity. All can be rest assured that the struts are brand new and have not been removed from some one elses car. He does not resort to such cheap tactics.

About how they Miraculously turned up is something you will have to take up with the India customs department. They have some "MIRACULOUS" procedures in place.

And just for the record, Krupesh had offer abhishek a refund long back. I am also given to understand that the payment made by Abhishek via cheque was not presented for payment, until delivery was given. Abhishek, if I am wrong I stand corrected.

I think if all of us practice a little self restraint with regards to our comments, there will be more peace and harmony.

cheers.
Thanks Farhan. And don't worry, I was pretty darn sure Krupesh wouldn't send me used stuff
I had pretty much resigned to a long wait for the Pedders after being told about the customs problems. After a (long) point of time I was running out of patience and cancelled the order. And we know the rest of the tale.

Apart from the cashing in of the cheque bit you were right on all counts. Sunny actually cashed it in some time back.
Anyway, all's well that ends well I guess. Hope the Pedders live up to their reputation!
Old 11th September 2007, 00:14   #372
Senior - BHPian

Hope everything turns out good for you Razor. That was a cice way of photographing the struts. Best of luck.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 21:47   #373
Senior - BHPian

Phoenix is in the workshop to get most of the pending work done.
These include:
- Full suspension (Pedders) & steering overhaul
- Wheel alignment & balancing
- Fitting the Ractive filter + intake with an aluminium heat shield
- Fixing of some squeaks and rattles that have cropped up
- Headlight aiming
- Fixing some ICE-related niggles
- Other miscellaneous fixes

Will drive the car for a while after this, and then switch to synthetic oil, adjust the tappets and also fit the Tri-phase.

Will keep ya'll posted.
Cheers!
Old 16th September 2007, 20:03   #374
Senior - BHPian

Default Update

I'm thinking of renaming the Pedders to Murphys. Anything that could have gone wrong has wrong.
They were being fitted on Saturday but it seems the rear struts are not of the right size. I checked the Electra website and the pieces sent did have the right part numbers. But after comparing with the OE struts, they do not look like they are meant for the Lancer. Judge for yourself:

I have got in touch with Krupesh, who has promised to look into this first thing on Monday morning.
As a result, the car is jacked up and stuck in the workshop. Cannot fit the old struts back because they are pretty much shot. Moreover, I don't want to open up the suspension again.
Front Pedders setup is ok.

Amongst other things, I am getting the Ractive filter fitted with some nice plumbing and a custom-made aluminuim heat shield. This shield is to prevent the hot air being expelled from the radiator fan hitting the filter directly. I have based the design on suggestions from Farhan (@Sideways) and some research on the net. It is basically an aluminium "box" with no top and no walls on some sides. The shape and measurements were based on the space available in the Lancer engine bay. The filter will sit behind the battery and there will be a rubber strip on the top edges that will act like a seal when the hood is closed (and also prevent vibrations). Hopefully, this'll translate into some (relatively) cooler air being sucked into the filter, which will improve the performance by a notch.
Here's a pic of the work in progress. The box needs to be clamped in place, rubber strip attached on top and filter fitted properly.

The other pending stuff is being taken care of. Let's see what happens with the Pedders...

Last edited by razor4077 : 16th September 2007 at 20:06.
Old 16th September 2007, 20:25   #375
Senior - BHPian

Oh no not again Razor, hope your peddars come soon.

Anyways how much did the rubber sheet cost?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote