Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 21:16   #391
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

hey Razor, good to hear about the pedders, yes the pipercross or KnN or green or any other filter with the covering costs a bit more, 7000 or so to be precise
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 14:35   #392
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Razor a better intake setup would be like this.



Pic - Courtsy Swapzones album.
but make sure u change the setup in the rains as it sucked in water from under the car into the engine....
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 19:42   #393
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapszone View Post
but make sure u change the setup in the rains as it sucked in water from under the car into the engine....
Hey Swap,

Which type of setup sucked in water? Are you referring to yours or Razor's current setup?
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 19:54   #394
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
Hey Swap,

Which type of setup sucked in water? Are you referring to yours or Razor's current setup?
i think he talking about the setup that busa has shown. if you can see the intake pipe is directed towards the bumper grill.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 21:37   #395
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Yup, pretty sure Swap is referring to his own setup (pic provided by Busa).

Fitting the Pedders has proved to be a big challenge. Still working with Krupesh to find a way to get this done.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 02:05   #396
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

The struts (minus the springs) dont look too different.

The pedders springs being stiffer would have to be of lesser length to keep the car ride height the same.

The stock ones look longer due to there being no tension in them.

As far as I see it, you should not have any problem installing these. But why does the mechanic say this is non-compatible? Any difference in bush sizes etc?

All the best. You car will not be Murphy, she will be how you named her.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 03:04   #397
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

The Commonwealth is calling Razor!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:03   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The struts (minus the springs) dont look too different.

The pedders springs being stiffer would have to be of lesser length to keep the car ride height the same.

The stock ones look longer due to there being no tension in them.

As far as I see it, you should not have any problem installing these. But why does the mechanic say this is non-compatible? Any difference in bush sizes etc?

All the best. You car will not be Murphy, she will be how you named her.
The pics I had posted earlier were for the rear struts+springs. Those have been fitted, though the mechanic is not too confident about how they will perform. I am hoping they'll be ok.

The latest issue is with the front struts. The Pedders strut thickness is more than the OE ones. As a result, they do not fit through the hole in the strut mount. According to Krupesh, I will need to drill the strut mount to expand the opening that will allow the strut to fit.
All very complicated. Not sure how it'll turn out.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 00:06   #399
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The pics I had posted earlier were for the rear struts+springs. Those have been fitted, though the mechanic is not too confident about how they will perform. I am hoping they'll be ok.

The latest issue is with the front struts. The Pedders strut thickness is more than the OE ones. As a result, they do not fit through the hole in the strut mount. According to Krupesh, I will need to drill the strut mount to expand the opening that will allow the strut to fit.
All very complicated. Not sure how it'll turn out.
Dont worry, this will be fine. Drilling the strut mount is no big deal as long as the strut axis is the same. I know the general pshyche of the mechanics. They are exaggerating things just because they are having to do stuff based on your inputs. Moreover you are making them put in stuff which they have not procured. They will never change, so will we!
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 14:19   #400
BHPian
 
swapszone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i think he talking about the setup that busa has shown. if you can see the intake pipe is directed towards the bumper grill.
yup..
i'm talking about my setup...
and the intake pipe is not directed towards the bumper grill... but to the vent which is located just inside the front left fender from where the stock filter sucks the are in....
swapszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 19:17   #401
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Pedders fitted!

Update on the suspension:
The Pedders, both front and rear have been fitted. Had to do quite a bit of juggad to achieve this. They are not a straightforward fit... I hope that the end result is good. Thanks to Farhaan and Krupesh for helping out.
Hoping to get the car back with all the work completed on Tuesday. It's been a long wait.
Pics...

Pedders - front:



Pedders - rear:

razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 19:40   #402
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Congratulations Razor, finally.

Ishan - Commonwealth games are here this year, eh??
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 20:12   #403
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Finally! So, when do we get to see Phoenix in all her glory?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 21:35   #404
BHPian
 
Wimwian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 191
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hey Razor, I had no idea u'd gone to the workshop today. I'd gone to Glix around noon to help a friend deck up his car... would've visited the workshop too if i'd known!! Good to see pedders finally installed... how much longer now?
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 21:59   #405
BHPian
 
redeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 275
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

they look great, congrats ...let us know about the drive after you get your ride back
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Titan - Apple's rumored new Electric Car Project bharat.joshi The International Automotive Scene 30 5th December 2016 19:04
2400 miles in a Mustang! Phoenix – Tahoe – SFO – Yosemite – Sequoia – LA – Phoenix Sanjunair5 Travelogues 25 27th January 2014 12:24
Phoenix & Me - My Lancer Review razor4077 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 8th January 2014 10:39
Fiat 1100 Delite: Overhaul Project Kinshuk Post-War 6 6th January 2009 01:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks