Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th June 2007, 15:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the maruti Nippon which came factory fitted in my limited edition esteem.

Havent faced any issues so far except for the remote unit conking out in 3 yrs time. Got it replaced for free.

The system also comes with central locking, remote trunk release option (button II, but needs a separate unit to release the trunk), body shock sensor, valet mode etc.

The shock sensor can be disabled via the remote. I advise you to go for nippon as it is almost hassle free and easy to use. Batteries last approx. 3 yrs and mine are due for replacement.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hi mail4ajo, if I get it installed from outside, would it void my warranty?
Service guys will go to any extend to get business for their accessory division. They will even say that if you change a nut that is not OE, warranty will be void.
I have LPG kit on my car which usually voids warranty. I am taking my dealer to task for engine jerking. They have agreed to install a new ECU and check.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 20:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Most marutis come with immobilisers as OE; so you can look for a security system which does not have this feature; will save you some cash. I have opted for an Autocop CL (from my dealer) for my to be delivered Wagon R.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote