Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 21:28   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

12.7 in testing with nitrous. That's as fast as a 1.3 is going to get with only nitrous.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 01:00   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
ananthkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,194
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

There sure is a long way to go then. Of course I'm talking about 1600 engines.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 01:03   #18
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Ananth, achieving those numbers would also be credited to the ease of availability of performance aftermarket parts, rubberized drag strips, factors such as height from sea level, weather conditions etc too na? Besides without a dyno its almost impossible to set up a car right. If and when all this should be available here I guess we will see the times drop. Until then......
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 01:15   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

ok guys can you help me out i didn't want to start a new thread

i am getting a new car in a few months and my current car an alto would become my next project car

i just want to know if a OHC vtec or a1.5 L will fit in the negine bay and which is the biggest possible engine 2 fit in an alto
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 01:22   #20
BHPian
 
naturaldisaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 233
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

hi all

does the standard 1.5 city engine have hyper written in it?

also, what would be a better option to put into a zen, 1.5 vtec, esteem or the baleno plant? i have read the e zen, b zen thread. and iam still confused!

what is the bhp of the zen that did 12.77 secs?
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 02:01   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Ananth, what do you think would be a good time for a 1.3 SOHC weighing 700 kgs given 50 degree Centigrade track temperatures and regular tarmac roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
does the standard 1.5 city engine have hyper written in it?
Yes. And for crying out loud, there is no such thing as Hyper iVtec anywhere on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
also, what would be a better option to put into a zen, 1.5 vtec, esteem or the baleno plant?
Depends on what you're looking for, and how capable your tuner is. I would suggest an Esteem MPFI or DOHC Swift engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
what is the bhp of the zen that did 12.77 secs?
Where did you get the 12.77 figure?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 07:08   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
ananthkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,194
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ananth, what do you think would be a good time for a 1.3 SOHC weighing 700 kgs given 50 degree Centigrade track temperatures and regular tarmac roads?
Lots of other factors like McL said. I'm pretty sure track temps and altitude wont make more than a few tenths of a difference, but tires definitely will. I noticed in the last speedrun that I saw, that nobody was running slicks. The times I was talking about were posted on slicks.

The point I'm trying to make is we are far off from real excellence in engine tuning and car setup. Maybe we're getting there. "Street Performance" is different from "Race setup".

So like I said before, we have a long way to go.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 30th June 2007 at 07:14.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 18:21   #23
BHPian
 
naturaldisaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 233
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Where did you get the 12.77 figure?
well, me and a few friends were present in speedrun we had recorded each and every drag on camera. it was in all that rush and on an old handycam. so all the times are not perfectly visible. honestly i cant vouch for that figure, but i do recall one zen doing less than 13 sec.
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 20:04   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Lots of other factors like McL said. I'm pretty sure track temps and altitude wont make more than a few tenths of a difference, but tires definitely will. I noticed in the last speedrun that I saw, that nobody was running slicks. The times I was talking about were posted on slicks.

The point I'm trying to make is we are far off from real excellence in engine tuning and car setup. Maybe we're getting there. "Street Performance" is different from "Race setup".

So like I said before, we have a long way to go.
No, I mean really, what's a good time? Now the 1300s are doing in the early 13s, with BFG DragForce radials. Altitude, you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. Also, your East Coast and Detroit runs are normally done at 10-15 degrees Centrigrade, or so I'm told, while we do it in the middle of the day at close to 50 degrees. All this adds up, and we've seen it for ourselves.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 20:54   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,032 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Mason, its 450 baba. Don't know which site are you talking about.
Exactly what you ae talking about.
Shreyas (dom) had mentioned it a long time ago, its on one of the suzuki sites.
Anyways, back to the topic now as our man surely isnt gunning for that, tons to learn for our tuners to make use of that sort of power.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 21:03   #26
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
well, me and a few friends were present in speedrun we had recorded each and every drag on camera. it was in all that rush and on an old handycam. so all the times are not perfectly visible. honestly i cant vouch for that figure, but i do recall one zen doing less than 13 sec.
The car we are talking about here never ran at the speedrun. Funny you say you have it on cam. Best time clocked by a zen 1300 was 14.752 by Vishu in the zen 1400 FI class. And 14.494 by Munna on his 1600 zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
Shreyas (dom) had mentioned it a long time ago, its on one of the suzuki sites.
Dom was talking about suzisport I guess. The tuning company I referred to is different. Anyways 425 ya 450 doesn't matter much to us.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th June 2007 at 21:05.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 21:31   #27
BHPian
 
pawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: auckland, new zealand
Posts: 867
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

isnt the 350-450 hp suzuki engines the srd engines.

1.3L Twin Cam 16V/1.6 350-450HP turbo drag engine (aluminum Flywheel, High comp engine, lighten and balance rotating assemblies, high profile Cams, adj. Pulleys, MSD ignition, GT28 turbo, cast iron exhaust manifold, intercooler, complete piping, blow off valve, deltagate, Haltech E6X, turbo timer, gauges boost/oil press/air fuel, oversized injectors, upgraded fuel pump, fuel rail, adjustable fuel press),
that about 5lakh odd



Suzuki Swift Racing Parts - Performance Parts by Suzuki Racing Development

Last edited by pawan : 30th June 2007 at 21:33.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 04:58   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
ananthkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,194
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No, I mean really, what's a good time? Now the 1300s are doing in the early 13s, with BFG DragForce radials. Altitude, you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. Also, your East Coast and Detroit runs are normally done at 10-15 degrees Centrigrade, or so I'm told, while we do it in the middle of the day at close to 50 degrees. All this adds up, and we've seen it for ourselves.
First point. 1300s are doing 13s. Thats good. But that's with nitrous. What are the NA cars doing? Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see any 1300 zen doing less than 16 without nitrous/turbo. They did those times with Fiat 1100 engines back in the 80s, of course with RWD and a 500 kg Formula body but with track suspension (no weight transfer to the back at all) and plenty of wheelspin off the line.

Second point. You're wrong about track temps. No one runs here in the winter or at night. Everyone races in summer at which point the track temps are in the 35 to 40 deg. range.

Third point. How much ET do you lose with a few hundred feet of altitude? The times I posted were set at 700 feet altitude and Bangalore is 3500 feet approx. Do you lose a few seconds? Likely not. A few tenths? Maybe.

So I'd say a good time for a strip-only NA zen with a 650-700 kg body, drag-oriented suspension and proper drag tires is in the 13s even at your altitude and your track temp.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help::Alloys on zen, performance and mileage change? ~~VinZ~~ Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 61 1st May 2011 10:45
S-Zen?(Swift engine in a Zen) raghuram.cg Modifications & Accessories 14 21st September 2008 10:52
76mm Honda performance pistons, baleno performance cam & NOS kit for sale. mclaren1885 Shifting gears 6 16th September 2007 14:02
Performance filter in Zen skydiver Modifications & Accessories 1 21st December 2005 18:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks