Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th June 2007, 17:41   #1
BHPian

Default Gypsy Genuine Mods

Ok Guys,

Im a total newbie here but,
In the past 2 -3 mnths ive bin silently (almost) and i find teambhp very helpful. I find tbhp very good for information but also reminds us that modifications are not easy and need worthwhile effort.

Coming to the point of this thread, I have checked out threads here on Gypsy mods but I want this thread to be a Genuine Modification Thread where modifications for a Gypsy can be discussed.
For starters I may suggest:
1. Better Engine( Im thinking Baleno 1.6l Engine)
2. Possible BHP that RWD+4WD platform can handle without probs(with adequate solution like Changine Gearbox etc... etc...)
3. Alloy wheel size with max tyre size(Profile and Width)

These are just starters. You can discuss any aspect since i do not have specific things in mind( i still dont own any vehicle) also
the mods should be feasible and the Jeep should be able to be used everyday.

Why i started this thread?
Well i love the Gypsy and i might be able to buy it unless parents have a huge problem with it. I havent told them yet(U see, Im going to be 18 only in July).

So Guys plz. Let your ideas fly
ashwinsaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 22:08   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Get the car 1st..then only you can know what to do with it.

As far as I have seen its easy to do the talking..but when done in reality it isnt...

you need plenty of time and money for modifications..especially like the ones you want to go for..

i think may be the mods wont allow you to discuss things here..untill you get the car.,,
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 22:32   #3
BHPian

Thats my point when i say that the mods should be feasible... I started this thread to know exactly what mods can possibly be done to the gypsy. Atleast theoretically.. Ive read enough threads to know that i eventually will need to buy it first and then i will be able to assess what can be done. But ive also read enough threads to know that there are many out there who may have modded their Gypsies. So im trying to get enough ideas about modding one.
Old 27th June 2007, 23:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Baleno engine in the Gypsy! Hmm never thot of that. Had only thought in terms of a diesel mill. More important questions might be, how possible are suspension improvements, and how are all these modifications to live with - in terms of parts, reliability, the need for continuous tweaks - ?
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 23:53   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Baleno engine possible. But don't know if its a direct fit to the Gypsy gearbox. That is one problem you may notice. Infact a big problem.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 00:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Baleno engine possible. But don't know if its a direct fit to the Gypsy gearbox. That is one problem you may notice. Infact a big problem.
when i got a transplant in my zen the mechanic told me i can get any gearbox fixed to the the engine (the toyota or a original zen gearbox)

only thing needed is someplate to attach the gearbox

if you want more information i can ask my mechanic
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 18:37   #7
BHPian

Guys six months + and still no more ideas...
i just wanted to know what Gypsy owner, enthusiasts, users and others have seen it modded to...what limits it can be modded to and what could be feasible, reliable modifications to make it a daily drive jeep/car ......
and fun.......