Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:17   #61
BHPian
 
highwayblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago/Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 771
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Highwayblaze, if you are aware prateek is the owner of this car whose pic I have put up. He too has been sucked into the vortex thinking that his tuner would do the job he expected him to do. That said, at the end of the day its our effort to make many more people like prateek understand that its important to do one's research before foraying into such mods.
sorry i mistook prateek to be the installer and not the guy who owns the car. well in that case i agree with ya and also seems like mr. tuner hasnt replied yet has he?

Last edited by highwayblaze : 3rd July 2007 at 23:18.
highwayblaze is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 00:16   #62
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
sorry i mistook prateek to be the installer and not the guy who owns the car. well in that case i agree with ya and also seems like mr. tuner hasnt replied yet has he?
I doubt he will ever...

Niki
nikibusa is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 00:46   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Ananth - I went to this guy after he claimed all of us here were kids playing on our Playstations & talking crap about tuning. Well let's just say the results weren't pretty, he didn't turn up at his own garage despite multiple phone calls to him and the work we saw, well I have no words for it. You can see & read more here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-turbo-4.html (Lancer Turbo)
iraghava is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 00:47   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

I agree with Ananth. Stop making fun of his English, all you Professors Higgins.

Mcl, thanks for the thread. Though seems like there will still be guys going to him. Also, the Lancer filter, that's the only way to install it. Like the Getz, the Lancer has an awkward engine bay. Farhan had to move his battery to the boot to get proper airflow.

P.s. How about thumbnails next time?
v1p3r is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 03:36   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
ananthkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,203
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Ishaan I agree he's a heel and doesnt know basic stuff but attacking his language is both ineffective and damaging to Team BHP at the same time. I'd rather everyone who's had a buying experience with him chip into this thread and thus make people aware.
ananthkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2007, 06:28   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: India-Mumbai-Colaba
Posts: 350
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hey buddy ive been following the thread of your tc setup since the time it was first posted,no offence but those pipes cant restrict any air inlet into the engine,the boost can be controlled by a boost controller as mentioned to you earlier,i dont blame you for supporting him because im sure your tuner's brainwashed you in his way and force fed you a lot of crappy info about how engine's work n/a or turbo,my only advise to you is that get rid of that setup right away ur probably running lean right now due to excessive air and minimal fuel supply to your engine due to the stock fuel maps and your only stressing your engine internal's by doing that,so now you have a choice you can ignore what al of us have already told you or carry on driving till the engine detonate's,well best of luck with whatever you do just make sure that you dont go back to him..hehe..cheers..happy revvin..!
dragger is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 10:04   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Ishaan I agree he's a heel and doesnt know basic stuff but attacking his language is both ineffective and damaging to Team BHP at the same time. I'd rather everyone who's had a buying experience with him chip into this thread and thus make people aware.
I second that.. Lets keep the focus on the mods done to customer's cars rather than harmless "mods" done on English language.
spadival is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 11:13   #68
BHPian
 
prateek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lucknow
Posts: 126
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
hey buddy ive been following the thread of your tc setup since the time it was first posted,no offence but those pipes cant restrict any air inlet into the engine,the boost can be controlled by a boost controller as mentioned to you earlier,i dont blame you for supporting him because im sure your tuner's brainwashed you in his way and force fed you a lot of crappy info about how engine's work n/a or turbo,my only advise to you is that get rid of that setup right away ur probably running lean right now due to excessive air and minimal fuel supply to your engine due to the stock fuel maps and your only stressing your engine internal's by doing that,so now you have a choice you can ignore what al of us have already told you or carry on driving till the engine detonate's,well best of luck with whatever you do just make sure that you dont go back to him..hehe..cheers..happy revvin..!

well even before this thread started i have decided to go to autopsyche for retuning my car's engine.is autopsyche good for engine tuning?
can some parts from my current setup can be used for my other setup which i m soon going to do?
prateek is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 12:09   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Ishaan I agree he's a heel and doesnt know basic stuff but attacking his language is both ineffective and damaging to Team BHP at the same time. I'd rather everyone who's had a buying experience with him chip into this thread and thus make people aware.
I'm certainly not commenting on the english Ananth, that's hitting below the belt. I was just putting my views across as to what happened when I had gone to meet him & see his work after he tom-tomed about it on the Lancer Turbo thread.

As much as I hate it, still I have no problems with what English the guy uses on his website, that's the least of my bothers. I too would like to comment on his work rather than his English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
can some parts from my current setup can be used for my other setup which i m soon going to do?
Depends entirely on the "Other" setup that you want to do. If you post some ideas here, the Gurus can give you some advice.
iraghava is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 12:14   #70
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
is autopsyche good for engine tuning?
can some parts from my current setup can be used for my other setup which i m soon going to do?
I am not aware of Arush's tuning skills, however I suggest you as the customer do your research on what is going into your car and find out if its the right way to do it. And to begin with, if you could tell us what you intend to do maybe a few of us here could help you with say certain ideas which you can then put forth to Arush (or he could read your thread) and ask him to carry off work accordingly.
mclaren1885 is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 12:35   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Oh no worries, i have been following all threads. As far as prateek's car is concerned yes i have spoken to him, there are some issues that need to be sorted out on the car, which i have told him accordingly that we will look into whenever he has the time to bring the car over since he is located pretty far off.

As far as tuning skills are concerned, well, i cant blow my own trumpet, so let us just suffice to say if im not upto the job, may be my dad who is a car mechanic himself and runs an independent workshop for the last forty years or so can help out!

Cheers.
autopsyche is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 12:38   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

LOL @ the tacho, irrespective of whoever has placed it, its just the swivel hinge thats lose... the guy should just lift it and tighten up the screw in position! or are they too lazy to do that??
autopsyche is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 14:42   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

After seeing all these pics i feels like that tuner is expert in making cars loud so you can feel the virtual power, just like many 150's running around with free flow pipes with K&N and Fat tires .
Ajaybiz is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 15:04   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 363
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Even the ads posted in ACI & OD appear so unprofessionally designed.
I was left wondering who the targetted clientele is??
rev_hard is offline  
Old 4th July 2007, 16:16   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Thinking of becoming a tuner now , lods of money man with just some pipes and insulation tapes.
Ajaybiz is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Bhasin Motors, Delhi LLL Indian Car Dealerships 8 15th December 2015 12:20
Bhasin Auto Noida Sector 63 - Horrible Experience anupam00 Indian Car Dealerships 7 6th March 2012 01:22
Vishnu Performance Tuner - California (EVOs +++ _Crazi4Speed_ The International Automotive Scene 19 2nd December 2011 04:16
Planning long holiday, Delhi-Leh-Delhi, Delhi-Gangotri-Delhi by road arunforu1 Route / Travel Queries 19 22nd August 2009 02:25
Hello Skoda - Did you read and analyze or merely read ? ajmat Indian Car Dealerships 48 11th March 2009 13:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks