Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th October 2008, 12:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakky88 View Post
Custom dash board painting is a very tedious job and expensive too. Here in Coimbatore they charged 1 lakh for interior painting (dash board,front & rear door pads , gear box tray) . You have to remove the entire dash board and paint it.
1 Lakh?? Wow! That is steep. I got charged 18k to repaint the interiors of my Lancer at HM A.S.S. They did a shabby job initially (as HM normally does), but a few complaints to the Chennai office got things straightened out. They repainted it free of cost... end result was pretty good - looks like a new car now.
Please keep one thing in mind though if you are planning to have your interiors painted. When a dashboard is dismantled and refitted (even at an A.S.S), the fit will never be as good as the original factory fit. The dash will be prone to rattles thereafter. So do weigh the pros and cons before opting for this.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 13:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Also, not every plastic in the cabin can be painted, especially the door panels and bottom half of the dash which have grains/textured.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 23:00   #33
BHPian

Default Dashboard painting..

Guys,

Invest Rs 1 Lac in something which will give you returns rather than spending it on dashboard.

I am painting the dashboard of my car myself!

See the below link. Its not that hard and easy too. You should know what you want your dash to look like. the finishing the color combination etc.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ob-indigo.html (Dashboard Painting Job in Indigo)

There's one Shop in Jogeshwari in Mumbai called ' The Paint Shop ' who gave me a quote of 22-25K.

Rahul K
rahulya007 is offline   Reply With Quote