Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 16:56   #31
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Check this out. It has clips and just hangs on to the OEM rear view. And stays stable always

rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 17:09   #32
BHPian
 
bruty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 232
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Tell me one thing if i get it through online shoping , then who will fit into my Truck, also will it effact any warranty.
bruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 10:50   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Yours is similar to the RVM but slightly bigger, tropicool is offering a display like below in RVS-02 system, so I was confused.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Check this out. It has clips and just hangs on to the OEM rear view. And stays stable always

dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 22:07   #34
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

tropicool wud be costly i guess. moreover i have connected this to my VCD music system so that i can see movies. The screen is 7" which is very decent..
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 09:59   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
tropicool wud be costly i guess. moreover i have connected this to my VCD music system so that i can see movies. The screen is 7" which is very decent..
Rajeev, you should be the last person to watch movies while driving - personally I think having a screen on your IRVM which also doubles up as a movie screen is a rank bad idea but that's my opinion. Even the ones that clip on to the passenger side visor are a distraction for the driver.

VCD/DVD screens should be BEHIND the driver's line of vision
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 10:11   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
VCD/DVD screens should be BEHIND the driver's line of vision

even if they are behind the line of vision of the driver,they distract the driver unless

1. everyone is using headphones and you can listen to something of your choice which is big ask.

2. or you are such a spirited driver whatever happens but you will drive safe which is again tough ask.

just my opinion
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 14:55   #37
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rajeev, you should be the last person to watch movies while driving - personally I think having a screen on your IRVM which also doubles up as a movie screen is a rank bad idea but that's my opinion. Even the ones that clip on to the passenger side visor are a distraction for the driver.

VCD/DVD screens should be BEHIND the driver's line of vision
SO do we say that watching movies while your car is parked somewhere and you just need to be in your car is not an option or rather banned by government. If so...yes I am the last one who still does that..
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 17:21   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
SO do we say that watching movies while your car is parked somewhere and you just need to be in your car is not an option or rather banned by government. If so...yes I am the last one who still does that..
Nope, it just means that the movies are to be watched by the people sitting in the middle row - so, the screen should not be on the IRVM which would distract the driver thoroughly whenever its on...............
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 19:49   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

guys, one update on the reverse camera thing.

enquired with a few shops in bangalore, the clip on mirror costs 6.3k and the total package with fitting charges comes to 9.5k, asked how much they are charging for the camera, all said that infrared camera module is not available standalone and fitting charges 1k, looks like cutting bumper to fit camera is a big task.. any pointers?

meanwhile searching on ebay i came across this mirror with built-in bluetooth and speakers, cost 6.5k. the ir camera costs 1.6k. seems like a good deal, with the bluetooth thing, visit this link:
eBay India: CAR FONE HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH 7"LCD TFT MIRROR (item 290189967962 end time 17-Dec-2007 09:54:57 IST)

i wonder if parking sensors would really be required once the camera is in place. checked a colleague's scorpio fitted with reverse guide that he got fitted in bangalore locally for 15k, very good view of things at the rear. as far as the front is concerned, safari drivers should not have trouble, view over the bonnet is pretty good seems to me.
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 21:46   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 176
Thanked: 130 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
guys, one update on the reverse camera thing.

enquired with a few shops in bangalore, the clip on mirror costs 6.3k and the total package with fitting charges comes to 9.5k, asked how much they are charging for the camera, all said that infrared camera module is not available standalone and fitting charges 1k, looks like cutting bumper to fit camera is a big task.. any pointers?
.
As I have said before on this thread go for RED SOUL, it is branded with warranty and the installation will be done by RED SOUL guys. The cost is 15 K.
power ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 18:20   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

got rear-view fitted, 7" lcd and camera, no sensor, for a total of 9k, works well. the product has a warranty of one year.
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 11:37   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Where did you get it fitted from ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
got rear-view fitted, 7" lcd and camera, no sensor, for a total of 9k, works well. the product has a warranty of one year.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 11:53   #43
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,646 Times
Default

I think the main cost is that of a screen. An IR camera with ring of IR LEDs for illumination at night costs around 25 USD. Local installers sell it with a 50% markup at 1500rs.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 12:46   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@dadu
got it from a shop in jayanagar, next to the 4th block market. the product is from a company called auzo.

was getting the bluetooth enabled mirror too but they told me the bluetooth thing is not reliable, so dropped that and went for the simple one. it has one year warranty, whereas the bluetooth one doesn't have a second's warranty too as per the shop owner :-)

The camera is not IR, it comes as a package with the mirror, so couldn't change it, checked last night, the image is not very clear in dark, daytime is perfect though, planning to put a high power spotlight for reversing, additional cost of inr 200.

The shop name is car-matrix if i remember correctly, can give you the address and phone number later once i reach back home if you are interested.
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 09:58   #45
BHPian
 
gops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 41
Thanked: Once
Default Reverse Camera Dealer in Chennai

Can anyone tell me a good dealer for installing a reverse camera in Chennai?

Thanks,
Gopal!
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Installed* - Reverse Parking System on Our Toyota Etios parsh Modifications & Accessories 26 14th May 2012 18:12
Xenos reverse camera unit fixed in Tata Safari RavenAvi In-Car Entertainment 13 11th January 2012 15:52
Reverse Lcd In Safari Jas6789 Modifications & Accessories 11 20th January 2007 21:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks