Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 21:18   #1
Newbie
 
BORNPILOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Cool Reverse guide system for Safari

hi i was keen to get The AutoCop reverse guide system for my Safari Dicor but the technician from Autocop suggested against it as he says this particular model has 4 sensors n is ok for cars but not the safari as it senses it's spare wheel n gives wrong indications.Any suggestions?How are the reverse guide cameras n if nyone knows how much they cost?
BORNPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007, 22:58   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

you will be best of by installing a reverse camera

the camera starts from 1500 bucks and for it you will need a HU compatible with it and a screen to display

or the second option is getting one of those mirrors that are attached to the rear and you you see whats behind you i haven't used one of these so cann't comment
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 16:04   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Dunno which reverse camera costs 1500 bucks. But I installed a reverse camera on my Scorpio in Nov'06 that came with 4 parking sensors and a clip on RVM with 6" LCD. It costed me 12K including installation.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 16:43   #4
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

The total kit here in Hyderabad costs RS. 8500.

i.e. Rs 1500 for the camera and Rs 7000 for the screen

I got it done in my bull
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 16:50   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

6000K for a reverse camera with 1K for installation. It comes with a 2'' lcd screen built in the rear view mirror. Better have the eyesight of a hawk to see in one of these things. I got a good LCD system installed in my innova. Costed me 2300 i think.
Check this link for the pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post409621 (Welcoming the Toyota Innova 2.5D "V" into my family.)

Very effective also with four sensors. I think one can get an additional two sensors installed on the sides too but an not sure. In a car of the Safari's magnitude, these two sensors should be a good addition.

Last edited by V-16 : 19th July 2007 at 16:51. Reason: rectify
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:50   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Dunno which reverse camera costs 1500 bucks.
i have a in-dash touch screen stereo which has a camera option

i asked the installer and he told me it would only cost around 1500 bucks it had day and night vision

must be some local made brand
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:26   #7
Newbie
 
BORNPILOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up thnks a lot

Finally ended up getting a reverse guide sensor system for Rs 3300 with aural warnings too.But the company technician said he can't install four sensors so installed just 2.So far seems to be working fine.Was told by a friend the reverse camera dosen't give good results in the night.Lets see how this goes.

Cheers
BORNPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 21:24   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

I got a ALL WAY parking assistance system on my SX4 installed ..comes with 4 sensors pods..and a digital odomoter on a specially made rear mirror .. the display is really cool.. costs me 5K
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 11:18   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Normal standard Cameras work well when enough light is there. In the night the only illumination a reverse camera gets is from the reversing lights that are nothing to boast of in terms of lux.

See the resolution of the reverse camera during daytime and then compare with the nighttime. You will find a vast difference. But the output in the night is fairly clear to see while reversing although a bit grainy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNPILOT View Post
Finally ended up getting a reverse guide sensor system for Rs 3300 with aural warnings too.But the company technician said he can't install four sensors so installed just 2.So far seems to be working fine.Was told by a friend the reverse camera dosen't give good results in the night.Lets see how this goes.

Cheers
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 06:00   #10
BHPian
 
lancersfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 206
Thanked: 27 Times
Question

Hi guys any ideas on how much the reverse camera cost in bangalore and any dealers????? And is it worth on a ford ikon.....??
lancersfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:36   #11
BHPian
 
bruty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 232
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Cam some one suggets a shop in noida for parking sensor/ reverse guide system, nudgegaurde.

i am planning to have them for my safari i am buying next week
bruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:50   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Which brand is it ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
The total kit here in Hyderabad costs RS. 8500.

i.e. Rs 1500 for the camera and Rs 7000 for the screen

I got it done in my bull
Which brand is it ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
6000K for a reverse camera with 1K for installation. It comes with a 2'' lcd screen built in the rear view mirror. Better have the eyesight of a hawk to see in one of these things. I got a good LCD system installed in my innova. Costed me 2300 i think.
Check this link for the pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post409621 (Welcoming the Toyota Innova 2.5D "V" into my family.)

Very effective also with four sensors. I think one can get an additional two sensors installed on the sides too but an not sure. In a car of the Safari's magnitude, these two sensors should be a good addition.

What is the reason he gave for not fixing the other 2 sensors ??, 4 would have given better coverage.

I hope the 2 fixed are on the extreme end of the bumper to detect objects on the sides !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNPILOT View Post
Finally ended up getting a reverse guide sensor system for Rs 3300 with aural warnings too.But the company technician said he can't install four sensors so installed just 2.So far seems to be working fine.Was told by a friend the reverse camera dosen't give good results in the night.Lets see how this goes.

Cheers
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:31   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

I went back to the board and had a look at the rear bumpers...the electrician is correct, there is not enough space to put all the 4 sensors due to the side reflectors, footstep, curves etc.

Perhaps thats the reason enough to go for the reverse camera only. Space is already provided. Its costing around 10k on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNPILOT View Post
Finally ended up getting a reverse guide sensor system for Rs 3300 with aural warnings too.But the company technician said he can't install four sensors so installed just 2.So far seems to be working fine.Was told by a friend the reverse camera dosen't give good results in the night.Lets see how this goes.

Cheers

Last edited by dadu : 22nd November 2007 at 17:33.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:21   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Though I don't have a reverse camera in my Safari but it sure does have 4 parking sensors installed on the bumper; and no, it doesn't interfere with the spare wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I went back to the board and had a look at the rear bumpers...the electrician is correct, there is not enough space to put all the 4 sensors due to the side reflectors, footstep, curves etc.

Perhaps thats the reason enough to go for the reverse camera only. Space is already provided. Its costing around 10k on ebay.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:53   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Which brand of sensors did you install and can we have a picture of your rear bumper specifically to have a look on how they were placed, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Though I don't have a reverse camera in my Safari but it sure does have 4 parking sensors installed on the bumper; and no, it doesn't interfere with the spare wheel.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Installed* - Reverse Parking System on Our Toyota Etios parsh Modifications & Accessories 26 14th May 2012 18:12
Xenos reverse camera unit fixed in Tata Safari RavenAvi In-Car Entertainment 13 11th January 2012 15:52
Reverse Lcd In Safari Jas6789 Modifications & Accessories 11 20th January 2007 21:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks