Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 20:35   #1
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default Which TBHP members modded car is the most sought after?

Since the discussion is about modded cars I guess this section would be the right place to post this thread. Herein is the list of cars that are most sought after on TBHP. List out your opinions.

1. Iceman91's Baleno - I guess this was the first seriously modded car on THBP if my memory serves me right. He took on the impossible task of taking on the Vtec's & was quite successful at that. Known for doing things always differently he has been a sense of inspiration to a lot of us here. And his car is still one of the most talked about cars in Bangalore.

2. Ford Rocam's Hybrid City - Did the daredevilry that none else had tried on this forum. Swapping the D15 with a mammoth 170bhp engine. Started off the trend I guess to inspire many more to foray into engine swaps on Honda's. Last I hear he has a big surprise in store for all of us in the very near future.

3. Sideway's Mivec Lancer - Probably TBHP's first performance engine swap. A scorcher of a car that has won the hearts and brains of quite a few here. Redefined what could be done to the sluggish Indian Lancer. Wish the others learn from his experience. Kudos to Farhan. One of the few who treats the way a performance car should be treated. By taking her to the track.

4. Psycho's Turbo Charged Esteem - Probably the second Turbo Charged car on the forum after his well renowned TCed Contessa. Probably the only Turbocharged car that has run reliably and quickly on such a long run in this part of town. Its a matter of pride that he does all the work of setting up his car all by himself. A certain inspiration to guys like myself.

5. Mad Monkey's Petrified Skoda RS - The quickest RS on the forum I guess barring Pete's. Had a tremendous 0-100 timing at one of the meets. His Reaction Time at Speed Run is something for all of us to learn from. Great car, wish to get a chance to see more of it. I am sure all the Bombay members will be able to tell us better.

6. Mihir Dharkar's OHC - The quickest NA Vtec in the country. His launches are to die for. A fully prepped engine makes it one of the favourite cars on my "To Drive List".

7. Wolf's OHC Vtec - A wolf in a sheep's clothing. A star attraction among the Vtec owners in Bangalore. And winning 2nd spot at SR proves the pace of the car. Another chap who treats his car the way its supposed to be by taking part in drags and track days.

8. Edmund's SS80 - One of the most sought after cars after a marvelous revamp. Appreciate his patience and passion for his car. Way to go Edmund.

9. Tadukutton's Petrified Elantra - One of the best highway mongers I have come across till date. Coupled with a Stage - II Pete's Box it lurks ahead like a tiger among pigeons. One has to drive this car to know what I am talking about. And its quick around a track too.

10. Amitoj's EZEN - Probably one of the quickest E-zens I have seen till date. A great car whose potential couldn't be harnessed due to some untoward incident. Though it will remain in our memories nonetheless.

11. Rudra Sen's Amby - No other car on TBHP has been vouched for more than this Amby. Hats off to the patience of the man who made his dream come true. A true sense of inspiration to most guys who look at a revamp of their cars. Probably ranks right up there as one of the most sought after cars on the forum. Good going old man.

For more info on their cars kindly visit their BHP Galleries. These people are the ones whom a few of us like myself look upto for inspiration. Good going fellas and may you guys achieve your dream builds.

So guys fire away your opinions. Sorry if I have missed out on a few.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 20th July 2007 at 20:54.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:39   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default

what about your car? even your car has some serious stuff under the hood.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:41   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

any specs or pics or threads here on t-bhp having some details on these car's? Quite a few of us don't know a few of the car's in question.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:45   #4
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Since the discussion is about modded cars I guess this section would be the right place to post this thread. Herein is the list of cars that are most sought after on TBHP. List out your opinions.

1. Iceman91's Baleno - I guess this was the first seriously modded car on THBP if my memory serves me right. He took on the impossible task of taking on the Vtec's & was quite successful at that. Known for doing things always differently he has been a sense of inspiration to a lot of us here. And his car is still one of the most talked about cars in Bangalore.

2. Ford Rocam's Hybrid City - Did the daredevilry that none else had tried on this forum. Swapping the D15 with a mammoth 170bhp engine. Started off the trend I guess to inspire many more to foray into engine swaps on Honda's. Last I hear he has a big surprise in store for all of us in the very near future.

3. Sideway's Mivec Lancer - Probably TBHP's first performance engine swap. A scorcher of a car that has won the hearts and brains of quite a few here. Redefined what could be done to the sluggish Indian Lancer. Wish the others learn from his experience. Kudos to Farhan. One of the few who treats the way a performance car should be treated. By taking her to the track.

4. Psycho's Turbo Charged Esteem - Probably the second Turbo Charged car on the forum after his well renowned TCed Contessa. Probably the only Turbocharged car that has run reliably and quickly on such a long run in this part of town. Its a matter of pride that he does all the work of setting up his car all by himself. A certain inspiration to guys like myself.

5. Mad Monkey's Petrified Skoda RS - The quickest RS on the forum I guess barring Pete's. Had a tremendous 0-100 timing at one of the meets. His Reaction Time at Speed Run is something for all of us to learn from. Great car, wish to get a chance to see more of it. I am sure all the Bombay members will be able to tell us better.

6. Mihir Dharkar's OHC - The quickest NA Vtec in the country. His launches are to die for. A fully prepped engine makes it one of the favourite cars on my "To Drive List".

7. Wolf's OHC Vtec - A wolf in a sheep's clothing. A star attraction among the Vtec owners in Bangalore. And winning 2nd spot at SR proves the pace of the car. Another chap who treats his car the way its supposed to be by taking part in drags and track days.

8. Edmund's SS80 - One of the most sought after cars after a marvelous revamp. Appreciate his patience and passion for his car. Way to go Edmund.

9. Tadukutton's Petrified Elantra - One of the best highway mongers I have come across till date. Coupled with a Stage - II Pete's Box it lurks ahead like a tiger among pigeons. One has to drive this car to know what I am talking about. And its quick around a track too.

For more info on their cars kindly visit their BHP Galleries. These people are the ones whom a few of us like myself look upto for inspiration. Good going fellas and may you guys achieve your dream builds.

So guys fire away your opinions. Sorry if I have missed out on a few.
How can you forget my kf'd GTX .... would kick all these machines up the hillside !!!!
How can u forget Rudra's ambi .. would give them all a complex !!!
How can you forget the Fiat gang here .... nothing like a neat RWD machine !!!
How cud you forget Amitoj's zen ... wicked in a straight line !!!

Mclaren , please go back to the writing board and and do your homework ........ you forgot to mention all the main machines !!!! NOT GOOD .... u need to stand in a corner for the next 2 days :-)

Cheers


Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2007 at 05:08. Reason: wud = would
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:49   #5
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
any specs or pics or threads here on t-bhp having some details on these car's? Quite a few of us don't know a few of the car's in question.
Vidyut, on your request I have put up the links to their garages on my first post itself. The others don't have galleries. Will get all the details soon.

Akshay, still a long way to go. These guys are still leagues ahead.

Khaadu, thanks for reminding me about amitoj's car. It would be nice if you could give me details about your GTX too.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:55   #6
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Khaadu, thanks for reminding me about amitoj's car. It would be nice if you could give me details about your GTX too.
Whats there to tell ..... the more kfs that go into the drivers combustion chamber the quicker and louder it would get !!! And her strength was up the hillside or down the hill side ... she didnt like the 400 mtr strip too much , felt it was for the Rich and Famous .

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2007 at 05:09. Reason: wats = whats wud = would
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:56   #7
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
How can u forget Rudra's ambi .. wud give them all a complex !!!

How cud you forget Amitoj's zen ... wicked in a straight line !!!

Mclaren , pls go back to the writing board and and do your homework ........ you forgot to mention all the main machines !!!! NOT GOOD .... u need to stand in a corner for the next 2 days :-)

Cheers


Cheers
Done saar! Sorry, my memory seems to have gone for a toss.

And kindly do the honours on the FIAT car. I am not aware of whose car you are talking about here.

This best describes Tadu's Elantra. Mods can you add this video to the first post?

PS: Akshay check now, I have made the correction.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 20th July 2007 at 21:03.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 21:01   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default

i cant see any video rahul.

edit -can see it now. earlier just the google homepage was coming up.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 20th July 2007 at 21:10.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 23:31   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,034
Thanked: 1,470 Times
Default

A classic case of being spoilt for too much choice. Apart from Rudra's Amby and Wolf's OHC(Nandi Hills), not having personally experienced the rest, and concluding from what I've read/heard - I'd say Sideways' Mivec Lancer is something I'd not fall out of love with
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 23:40   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,959
Thanked: 16,700 Times
Default

I love Rudraji's Ambi and Edmund's SS80.

Not for their outstanding performance, but they always bring a nice smile on my face. Truly outstanding beauties.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2007 at 23:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 23:43   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,035 Times
Default

Monkey's RS for me, perfectly done, sweet ice and does it move or does it MOVE!!
Great for daily driver and awesome for those few racer boy days.
Btw, you missed out tool's 'fully loaded' esteem too.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 20th July 2007 at 23:48.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 00:23   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

hey stumpy

you missed out the autopsyche's schooda

and does cinclaturbo's grandpa's Jayaram GT, does it qualify to be here. If yes, this would be the most sought after for me.
I think this would be more exclusive than any car in the team-bhp. or rathe even in INDIA.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 21st July 2007 at 00:24.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 00:45   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Whoa what a list. May i add one ?

manikjeet (MJ) T-Zen... Mind Blowing torque for this 700 KG car.... for sure 0 - 100 less than 10 secs. Tooo sad axels are broken and it may go back to stock soon.

When I tested it, it outrun the Skoda Octavia / Accent CRDi / and kept with Elantra CRDi with ease (it was a bit ahead of the Elantra)

Hope he gets a T-Alto

Last edited by abhibh : 21st July 2007 at 00:47.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 00:52   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

AUTOPSYCHE's Skoda - Barracudda - deserves a mention here !! It is one steaming set of wheels !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 00:54   #15
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

For all those who mentioned about Arush's Skoda, its infact Ekalavya's. And yes cincla's JayaramGT certainly deserves a mentioning here. That is one heck of a car. Hope to see it some day.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woooooooowwwww!! We just crossed 10000 members...EDIT : 30,000 members!!! Samurai Shifting gears 104 9th July 2012 15:01
help from TBHP GURGAON MEMBERS !! narayan Shifting gears 39 17th June 2011 11:24
TBHP members from Seven Bunglows adman77 The Team-BHP Meet Section 10 6th July 2007 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks