Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th May 2013, 21:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Are Door Visors good to install?

What are the prices of the door visors for Maruti WagonR? I am planning to get them in few days from some local car accessory shops in Delhi/NCR.

My concern is that how long they will last wrt to adhesive tape they use to stick it?

Also will they look good on a black WagonR? I have seen them installed in baker's chocolate coloured WagonR and the car looked pretty good whereas they don't look good on a white/cream color WagonR. I guess they are more suited for dark color cars?

Please suggest.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 14:01   #32
BHPian

Default Large Sun visors for SUV ( image attached)

Hello fellow Bhpians,

Around 7-8 years back i used to see large sun visors on SUV's namely Safari, Scorpio and Pajero's which to me looked nice and enhanced the butch looks of the vehicle. Somehow i do not see them too often and i am very much looking forward to install one's on my Safari.

However, when i visited few of the accessory sellers in my city i could only find the small car type one's which to me looked puny and of no substantial use or aesthetic appeal. I found them rather spoiling the look of one car (swift) on whih they were being installed. Also, the product seemed to be much below the acceptable standard as compared to the ones available earlier.

I am attaching a picture of the one's i am looking forward to and would like to know if these could be procured or sourced from anywhere. Your suggestions would be highly useful. Happy and safe driving.
Attached Images

NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 11:11   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Large Sun visors for SUV ( image attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
However, when i visited few of the accessory sellers in my city i could only find the small car type one's which to me looked puny and of no substantial use or aesthetic appeal.
Why don't you shop online? Wider variety + lower prices. Related search.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 23:26   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Large Sun visors for SUV ( image attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why don't you shop online? Wider variety + lower prices. Related search.
I have checked online and did not find the model i was looking for as per the image attached therefore thought the team bhp aficionados can lend some help in sourcing one.
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 09:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I had them in my esteem, it did serve the purpose during rains and in city traffic, but it was so noisy on the highways that I stopped the car and yanked them off.
I too value the benefits of being able to open the window an inch in rain and pleasant weather and not having to use the AC just to defog the windscreen. I just installed them on my SX4 yesterday, am yet to try it at high speed. Mine is the adhesive tape-on kind, not the kind that fits into the window groove. So I am hoping wind-noise wont be a problem. Am also hoping the adhesion is strong enough and will hold even at high speed. Lets see ...

Last edited by vharihar : 18th August 2017 at 09:45.
vharihar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I just installed them on my SX4 yesterday, am yet to try it at high speed.

So, did you try at highway speeds Hari? What's your opinion on the wind noise?
gurupalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 15:44   #37
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurupalani View Post
So, did you try at highway speeds Hari? What's your opinion on the wind noise?
I had decided to get these installed today (Galio brand) but I stopped after seeing this thread. Ford also offers these as accessory mentioning improved Aerodynamics.
As I drive a lot on highways and of course at speeds in access of 💯, poor visibility on hills or too much noise will be a deal breaker although Aspire is pretty well insulated so that should not be an issue IMO.

I really wanted them as I thought it will help to keep windows open in rain fog etc on hills/plains and in winters in plains. But if it is going to negatively impact Aerodynamics of Ford Aspire, I will certainly pull out. No amount of googling helped me come to a conclusion.

Anyone who installed and drives on ghats/hills, help.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 17:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post

Anyone who installed and drives on ghats/hills, help.
I have had them installed on on my cars,I have not found any disadvantages till now, no significant wind noise to compliant either. Only one did one of the visors flew off the Verito but that was because it had come off when during closing the door a friend somehow managed to detach it slightly.
I few suggestions:
1. Buy a good branded one like from Galio.
2. Make sure the adhesive tape is 3M nothing else will do.
3. Make sure to clean the surface where they will stick, and stick them with caution, one attempt is all it should take.

It all started when I was driving my OHC enjoying the rain, the window was open just about 2 inch, someone spoilt the fun by splashing the rain water inside my car from that 2 inch gap. It helps prevents rain water from dripping inside the car, and at certain hours of the day, specially after 1600 hours while the sun is setting, blocks the direct sunlight which is quite helpful.
Aesthetically it makes your car look wider and different from the usual flock, again a matter of personal preference, some may like it some may not.
Visors maybe available in different shapes for your car, so check different makes before finalizing the one.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 11:11   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was trying to convince my SA at Maruti Showroom to give me something free of cost with my new Vitara Brezza. Finally, SA offered me MGA mudguards and window visors. It was free, so I took it.

Likes & Dislikes of window visors.

1. I can keep windows one inch down during rain & pleasant weather.
2. It reduces wind noise when windows are open (to some extent).
3. Enhances the look of the car. (yes! It looks good on MS Vitara Brezza).

Dislikes:
1. These visors are tinted (not transparent). It creates some blind spots.
2. MGA window visors are made of poor quality plastic.
SJM1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 18:58   #40
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Mine is the adhesive tape-on kind, not the kind that fits into the window groove. So I am hoping wind-noise wont be a problem. Am also hoping the adhesion is strong enough and will hold even at high speed. Lets see ...
Can you please provide your review of Visors when driving at high speed?
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 20:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Can you please provide your review of Visors when driving at high speed?
I haven't had any problem at high speed (as regards noise or danger of coming off). But they're not as effective as I hoped they'd be in helping me open the windows a bit in the rain. Water still comes in. But that's probably bcoz my SX4 window visors aren't the perfect shape of my window-line (bcoz of odd A-pillar bend)
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 11:37   #42
BHPian

I have installed the Galio brand in my City and it does help in blocking the rain water to come during light showers, but when its pouring the water still seeps in from the visor itself. Havent faced any issue of wind noise when on highway and the adhesive is still strong.
Mine was tinted too, but doesnt produce any blind spot. Love it for its pure aesthetics.
dre@ms is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 15:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

They are usefull and do not create a blind spot if correct one is fitted.
The one's in my Nano have lasted 6+ years , have started to fade and look opaque now.

If you need to stop during rains, you can switch off you car and still get some ventilation due to these visors.
( May not be applicable in humid conditions though )

Also they block harsh sun falling directly on your face which helps a bit during summers.
I don't think they are effective to remove that windscreen fogging, for it you need to use defogger.

Regarding arguments about aerodynamics, I think they stand valid if car has heavy high speed highway running which is unlikely for most cars.

Last edited by silverado : 13th October 2017 at 15:55.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote