Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st August 2007, 20:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Great review Busa. I had experienced a fellow T-BHPians car being Pete boxed (both before and after) so I know what you are talking about when you say the box improves driveability.
KB's Accent CRDI right? Well the driveabilty is fantastic, fifth gear foot down and it just goes like crazy.

Quote:
So its worth the money,you spend? and are there any stages or setting levels??
Completely worth the money, Just a food of thought, if you spend 8k for a CAI and 10k for a exhaust on a diesel car your not going to get even 5bhp for 18k and for 29k you are getting a guranted product with 2 years warranty which increases power by 15bhp and torque by 20NM, mind you this is the bar minimum, you can get more out of it. There are quite a few settings, current settings are stock ones were explained by Peter and can be done on your own. Quite easy. I am on stage one.

Quote:
Do watch out for smoke though as anything more than the Standard setting (+, ++, etc) tends to create smoke without a high-flow filter.
Ya i am on standard settings till i get the filter shown in the last three pics.

Quote:
Enjoy your car, you'd be pleasently surprised when you check the FE
Is it gonna increase, with all the high RPM launches? Wheels Spins in third gear?

Quote:
Lets have some base roll on timings if you can
Ya will do that, which ones 40-100 in 4th gear??

Quote:
And you really can't get a better person to deal with than Peter himself. he make's spending money seem so painless
Peter is a fantastic person to deal with, he is very co-operate and knowlegable.

Quote:
Is it available for Petrol version too ? if yes , do we get similar performance boost ?
Peter does not have tunning boxes for petrol cars but you can get CAI from Green, FFE from Petes.

Quote:
try not to use premium fuels. I am told with Pete's and premium fuel you will get a lot of smoke.
Well, i have not started using premium fuel as of yet, but plans are to in the near future.

Quote:
Get the Green filter and you are great to go.
Yeah plans are 10k service done then switch to synthetic, premium fuel, green twister kit and change to stage 2 on the box.

Quote:
Whos gonna buy it for a Verna now
Well i am not too excited about the Verna but on the Optra Magnum, this blue box will be totally i-n-s-a-n-e. Imagine around 150bhp, 36kgm torque, now Verna anyone and Verna's biggest problem is it handles like a skateboard, i never liked diesel till i droe the Verna(partly convinced for diesel) and then Swift(completely convinced)

@ Rtech - Cant agree more with your signature.

Thanks guys for appreciating the review.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 20:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Talking How Weight Matters

Stock Octy

PTW – 67.66 bhp
TTW – 157.89 Nm

Petes Octy

PTW – 82..7 bhp
TTW – 180.45 Nm

Stock Swift

PTW – 69.7 bhp
TTW – 176.7 Nm

Petes Swift

PTW – 83.7 bhp
TTW – 200 Nm

PTW - Power to weight
TTW - Torque to weight

I did this calculation as there was a straight line take off with the Petes box along with a Octy and Octy seemed to be on full chat was out run by the Peted Swift, though the Octy could be stock.

In terms of build quality & ride the Swift is no where near the Octy

EDIT - Just remembered that if Rtech's Peted Octy does a 0 - 100 dash in 10.75 seconds then a Peted Swift can do a 10.xx timing due to less weight and betterr TTW & PTW. Only thing is i am not sure what RPM to launch and shift at, once i launched at 2000RPM it wheelspined alot, once i shifted at 5000RPM and once at 4500RPM, so whats the best time to shift at?

Last edited by BUSA : 1st August 2007 at 20:44.
Old 1st August 2007, 21:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Busa,

Fantastic review man. Well done. Now try and drive slow lets see how long you can manage that !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

People say Swift has turbolag, i like the turbolag, its like silence before the strom
BUSA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Verna's biggest problem is it handles like a skateboard
No I don't think so. It may not handle as well as a fiesta, but calling it a skateboard is a bit too much.

Anyways congrats on the box. I loved it when I had it on my CRDi. Never felt the need to go to the next level.

Drifter
drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

I can see a long queue of Swift owners outside Pete's garage!
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 21:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

****..This is giving me ideas now....Somebody delete this thread please...LOL..
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 22:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No I don't think so. It may not handle as well as a fiesta, but calling it a skateboard is a bit too much.
Well drifter, after driving a Fiesta the Verna doesnot inspire confidence, and i have not termed the work skateboard, check the Verna review many owners have complanined about the same though the Verna's engine is a gem, lets discuss this in the Verna thread, going here.

I totally agree with the tagline of the product, More Power, More Savings, More Fun.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Busa,

Nice review with pictures, and get a green filter soon.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 00:00   #25
BHPian

@ BUSA : the install is simply amazing, can you gimme details on that green airfilter, and what am i looking at, is it the turbine edition!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 00:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
People say Swift has turbolag, i like the turbolag, its like silence before the strom

Me Too. It would have been half fun if there was nesser turbo lag. This way you don't engage turbo under normal city driving and in highway, the turbo does the talking.
austere_sly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 00:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

That green filter is installed on another Peted car, Peter had sent me the pic to show the install, so not on my car yet.

Yes thats the Cover on the filter(conical) to prevent hot air from being sucked by the filter. For more details PM Turboindia about green filters, it costs around 10k or so,, not sure.

Yes Mugen, turbo coming later.
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Mugen, turbo coming later
Oops, i mean Green Filter.
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
****..This is giving me ideas now....Somebody delete this thread please...LOL..

Why dont you get your IDEAS rolling? Who knows you might also DISCOVER something on Petrol also ?

Have fun

Ram P
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@ BUSA : the install is simply amazing, can you gimme details on that green airfilter, and what am i looking at, is it the turbine edition!
The Green filter shown on the image is the "WIND" with a dynamisation kit fitted on the Swift Diesel.And it costs 6350 for the whole kit including the silicon hoses etc.
turboindia is offline   Reply With Quote