Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th August 2007, 00:55   #46
BHPian

@ Ford ROCAM - Hi Rocam,

You mentioned about disabling the closed loop operation while adding fuel to ECU. How is this done exactly in monkey terms?

Do you mean I should disconnect the O2 prior to retuning.

Please let me know!

Thanks and Best Regards
get_hiyyer_714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 14:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_hiyyer_714 View Post
@ Ford ROCAM - Hi Rocam,

You mentioned about disabling the closed loop operation while adding fuel to ECU. How is this done exactly in monkey terms?

Do you mean I should disconnect the O2 prior to retuning.

Please let me know!

Thanks and Best Regards
That option should be there in the standalone software, you dont want to adjust fuel in closed loop operation since ecu will try to get it back to "stoich" values for any changes you make in fuel mapping. ~or~ or else run open loop always which will effect drivability & fuel economy.
You need a wideband along with narrow band o/p to measure precise A/F ratio & the standalone hardware should have an option to take both. I am not sure about RdKartik's ecu weather they have this option but i guess he will be the right person to answer that.
In one of your earlier post you mentioned about retarding timing? what was that about & why do you want to do it & in which rpm band? It will only raise your EGT.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 19:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

I always found this thread interesting - get-hiyer any chance of reviving this thread ??

What is the state of your lancer now ? I understand that you are a person related to the automotive production business , so I guess there would have been some "progress" or have you given up to soon ??

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote