Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2009, 23:37   #136
Senior - BHPian

I had visited Sai for some potential paintwork. I checked the vehicles which were under different stages of painting. Overall they seem to do a good job but on close look I thought they can do better. Some painting looked to have uneven thickness of coat, especially around edges and corners. Even the overall coating looked rather thickish. Thicker the coat, the chances of cracking and peeling over period of time are higher.

Last edited by Guna : 14th February 2009 at 23:39.
Old 15th February 2009, 11:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post

Yes, I have gone through your post, and will go through once more before going there. The only problem is I myself do not what exactly to look for!

One more question, I have seen a couple of cases where the color looks gine when new but gets discoloured after say 6 months with exposure to nature. Have you got any such problem?
My car's color is fine till date. It does not stand out in the sun while parked daily though. Sai told me when my car was being painted, that in the odd case I have any defect, they'll rectify it...
One thing is, you could tell them that you would like to see the denting results before they take it in for the painting. I did so, and got them to improve the denting a bit wrt alignment of door lines et al. Also, insist that they use the paint booth. Tell them you'll post your car before/after pics with review on t-bhp!
Old 18th February 2009, 14:33   #138
BHPian

@lancer_rit: thanks, will keep those in mind.

OT: Got the Zen back from Suraksha, looks like they have done a good job. I was getting a sound while in slow speed in 2nd gear, as if 2 metal pieces getting are getting rubbed aginst each other. That is gone, but I have to keep it in observation for some day.
Old 18th February 2009, 14:58   #139
BHPian

Guys, can someone recommend a place to paint the external black rubber parts (rear view mirror, side cladding and the rear number plate light holder) of Fiesta (EXi) painted to match the body color?

How much will it cost and will the painting last?

thanks
Old 19th February 2009, 14:45   #140
BHPian

any inputs guys? thanks in advance
Old 19th February 2009, 16:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

@nemo, any of the shops recommended here will do it for you. The painting lasts - my car's door handles and mirrors were also painted by dealer as they were black plastic originally.
Old 19th February 2009, 16:54   #142
BHPian

thanks Lancer, do you remember how much was charged?

Just wanted to get a ballpark figure to make sure I'm not taken for a ride. We are couple of us actually.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Now i feel lucky to have my own team of Mechanic, Electrician, Tinker and a Painter.
It surely is a boon.
BTW, does your painter have a paint booth?
Old 18th May 2009, 09:52   #144
BHPian

Default New color to a Honda City

Hi Guys,
Wish to change the color of my NHC to while from deep blue as it has developed dents and scratches all over the body. How much do you think it may cost? Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks,
battada
Old 18th May 2009, 11:47   #145
BHPian

I am planning to buy the paint from a dupont dealer and get the denting, painting work done by a paintshop. Any inputs guys?

battada
Old 19th May 2009, 11:55   #146
BHPian

Default suraksha

Hi members,
I had recently given my alto for bonnet replacement and painting,my experience colour match -good,quite expensive ,finish -not up to the mark,i had told them that i see lot of dust paticles and paint sprayed on them ,when i told them they said it will be gone dont worry ,they did some rubbing and polishing and now i can see lots of swirls ,very pathethic job.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:14   #147
BHPian

Lots of people in this forum have appreciated work done by Sai Colorium.

Please search the forums for details.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:20   #148
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi members,
I had recently given my alto for bonnet replacement and painting,my experience colour match -good,quite expensive ,finish -not up to the mark,i had told them that i see lot of dust paticles and paint sprayed on them ,when i told them they said it will be gone dont worry ,they did some rubbing and polishing and now i can see lots of swirls ,very pathethic job.
Suraksha, did a pathetic paint job?? Woah! I thought they were good.

I was about to head there for a small touch up job on my car, but I didn't.

You should take up the matter with them and get it resolved.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 19th May 2009, 15:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi members,
Which Suraksha did you go to ?
Can you post some pictures of the job done ?
Old 19th May 2009, 19:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Suraksha, did a pathetic paint job?? Woah! I thought they were good.

I was about to head there for a small touch up job on my car, but I didn't.

You should take up the matter with them and get it resolved.

Cheers,
gpa
Hi Gpa,
I told them many times ,first i found the finish like members said here the orange skin ,the manager told me it was something called merry finish ,its common for bonnet and top u cant get company finish i said ok ,later found few dust trapped and painted so he let a guy to do some rubbing and polishing ,i came home saw in the morning from the side some patches were there where the boy had rubbed on dust spots ,finally i took it again then the full bonnet rubbing and painting now only swirls are seen ,if u see it normally u wont find the difference , but come closer its messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Which Suraksha did you go to ?
Can you post some pictures of the job done ?
Hi sir,
It was at suraksha bommanhalli hosur road,sir i will defnitely take the snaps and put

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th May 2009 at 19:39. Reason: Use multi quote please
Closed Thread