Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 14th October 2009, 15:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Guys am planning get my bike painted, any pointers? the mech's get the bikes painted with some shivajinagar folks and the output is nothing to talk about.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:12   #167
BHPian

Hi, Does any one has had any experience with dent removal works done by people in JC road ? My Indigo has some minor dents on the right front and rear door and hence was wondering whether it is fine to trust those road side guys with the dent removal work ? Any idea of the charges they quote ?
Old 25th October 2009, 09:28   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

@Joe, if you are intrested I can refer you to one small garage in Adugodi (near the old Prerana workshop). This is between Bosch & Shoolay circle on Hosur Rd. A few of us TBHP-ians have got work done there.

Edit : I dont know how much damage you have on the car, and if you are expecting a paintless dent removal. Where ever you go, you will need to check that part.

Last edited by condor : 25th October 2009 at 09:30.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:31   #169
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I had visited SAI Colorium for an estimate of the denting work on my Swift. There is a small dent below the right tail-lamp and on the bumper just below it. There are also a few scratches on the front bumper (right bottom & left bottom) & a small dent on the running board below the left front door.

I talked to Khan and he has quoted around 7k for everything; denting & painting. Do you think that is justified? I felt that it is a bit on the higher side, although I will be happy if does a good job.

Also, do you think I should go for Teflon coating on my car? Is it worth paying the money for it?

I will post the pics, as soon as I shoot them. That should help in forming an opinion.

I am planning to leave the car tomorrow.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:56   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Joe, if you are intrested I can refer you to one small garage in Adugodi (near the old Prerana workshop). This is between Bosch & Shoolay circle on Hosur Rd. A few of us TBHP-ians have got work done there.
Can I get some more details on this please. Any numbers ? Exact address, name of the shop ? etc. Thanks. Might require it for some paint job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I talked to Khan and he has quoted around 7k for everything; denting & painting. Do you think that is justified? I felt that it is a bit on the higher side, although I will be happy if does a good job.
Dude 7 K is a little steep. Haven't seen the full extent of the damage but from what I read it is a couple of grand steep.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics of the dents & scratches
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04872.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04875.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04873.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04874.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04877.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04876.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04881.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-dsc04878.jpg  

Old 26th October 2009, 16:31   #172
Senior - BHPian

@addyhemmige,
did you mention you are from team-bhp ? Also, you can speak once to Ananth who is the owner.

From the pictures, the painting/some tinkering is required for:

* 2 * 1/4th (LH and RH) of front bumper (plastic part part painting no issues)
* 1/4 th of Rear bumper (of maybe 1/5th)
* Rear quarter panel
* Left running board
* Left Front Door

-- Your dents and scrapes are spread over, and metal parts have to be painted fully (i.e. full panel). 7k seems a tad high, but see if you get a bit reduced by mentioning team-bhp forum. The cost of job = area of surface to be painted + tinkering/denting efforts. My estimate is A.S.S. will cost 2-3k more at the least.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 26th October 2009 at 16:34.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@addyhemmige,
did you mention you are from team-bhp ? Also, you can speak once to Ananth who is the owner.

From the pictures, the painting/some tinkering is required for:

* 2 * 1/4th (LH and RH) of front bumper (plastic part part painting no issues)
* 1/4 th of Rear bumper (of maybe 1/5th)
* Rear quarter panel
* Left running board
* Left Front Door

-- Your dents and scrapes are spread over, and metal parts have to be painted fully (i.e. full panel). 7k seems a tad high, but see if you get a bit reduced by mentioning team-bhp forum. The cost of job = area of surface to be painted + tinkering/denting efforts. My estimate is A.S.S. will cost 2-3k more at the least.
I haven't mentioned about Team BHP as yet. Will do so when I leave the vehicle. I will try to speak to Ananth tomorrow and see how much he quotes. I only spoke to Khan the other day.

I also tried out Fast Cars and they quoted a similar amount leaving out the front door. Mandovi quoted 7k just for the rear dent. RNS advised me to claim insurance and change rear bumper & tail light (it has a small crack near the bottom) and quoted 10k something (just for the rear).
Old 27th October 2009, 17:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the A.S.S. guys will try all such stunts. Usually one door painting = 5k unless you know the A.S.S. well and they give you consideration.

On second thoughts, 7k is about right for Sai C. By other workshops/A.S.S., this job will come to 10k+ (after you convince them to not change any panel)

Hope you car comes out new after the work :-)
Old 27th October 2009, 18:00   #175
Senior - BHPian

I left my car today at Sai Colorium for some tinkering and painting job. Mr Khan there has given me an estimate of about 7K for the whole job.

His face just lit up when I mentioned T-BHP to him. After pestering him for a reduction in the quoted price, he said he'll do something about it once the job was done.

He was very happy when I mentioned that Sai had got very good reviews on T-BHP and started a lecture "it's because of people like you that we get business. If we do a good job, then you refer others and ...... blah blah blah". He has promised me to deliver the car by Friday.

So lets see how it goes. Cheeeers!!! to T-BHP & its members.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:21   #176
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

They value the business coming through TBHP, offcourse its word of mouth which is trustable than ads. I got an elite treatment when they did some work on my Palio.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back from Sai Colorium today. I would say they've done a fairly good job, not anything great. I noticed a couple of scratches that weren't there before. Also, they had missed a job on the job sheet. They had to paint a small part of the door, but missed it and said they do not have paint now.

After complaining, Mr Khan asked me to come on monday and he'll get it done. Now again I have to go back on monday
Old 30th October 2009, 17:50   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After complaining, Mr Khan asked me to come on monday and he'll get it done. Now again I have to go back on monday
Damn thats not good. I called some 2 months back w/o reference to T-Bhp and got some quote. I got the same quote after enquiring after mentioning t-bhp and the same time frame for the job completion. After hearing this I might as well ask Chameleon about their quote. The problem is they do not confirm anything on the phone and insist on seeing the car first. Which is correct but still. I might ask them before deciding for my paint job.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:31   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did they complete that job to your satisfaction ?
Old 18th November 2009, 08:31   #180
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Bodywork issues: Vacum suction Method in Bangalore

Hello Everyone,
I need to get some minor bodywork done and wanted to know if anybody is aware of what the "Vacuum Suction" Method for small dents is and if there are any garages at Bangalore using this to get rid of small dents on sheet metal.
This thread could also be alternatively used for all Denting, Painting, and Bodywork issues as well.
Closed Thread