Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 18th November 2009, 08:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

There's already a thread here. Makes it easy if you could discuss it there coz a few places have already been mentioned in that thread.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 18th November 2009 at 08:48.
Old 18th November 2009, 09:08   #182
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the pointer Riju.

@Dev: Use the thread mentioned by Riju so that all discussions happen at one place.

Thread Closed

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th November 2009 at 09:10.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Minor Bodywork but color finish important

Hello Everyone,
I need to get some minor bodywork done on my Scorpio and wanted to know if anybody is aware of what the "Vacuum Suction" Method for small dents is and if there are any garages at Bangalore using this to get rid of small dents on sheet metal.

I stay at Basaweshwaranagar but would not mind travelling to any part of the city to get it done.
Old 18th November 2009, 11:21   #184
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Minor Bodywork but color finish important

Just to add to the picture, the dent is about 7-8" long and runs parallel to the ground on the driver's door about 5-6" below the window sill. The depth though is hardly 4-5mm at most and there is no paint damage at all. Help and suggestions eagerly awaited.

Last edited by n.devdath : 18th November 2009 at 11:22.
Old 26th January 2010, 15:30   #185
BANNED

Question Need info on good denting/painting workshop for SANTRO

Hi guys,

I have few scratches on my car which I am planning to get it done. Please let me know a good mechanic who can do all this for me for a genuine price, somewhere near by Indira Nagar would be great.

Have posted pics to give you an Idea. These are old dents/scratches!
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-scratch.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-scratch1.jpg  

Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-cut.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th January 2010 at 15:50. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 26th January 2010, 15:51   #186
Team-BHP Support

If you dont mind travelling till JP Nagar, i would definitely recommend Sai Colorium. Indira Nagar when i last checked didnt have any professional set up.
Old 26th January 2010, 16:47   #187
BANNED

Thanks Jaggu.. I don't mind going, However, you have any idea how much will it cost? Since you can see it all in the pics..!

Reason asking - I would have an idea of the estimate when I approach them. Also, any idea if the front bumper needs to be replaced? or can be mended?

My posts take some time to get approved and visible, plz let me know if I can PM you to get more details
Old 27th January 2010, 14:41   #188
BHPian

Even i am looking for a good car painter in Indira nagar who will charge sensibly. Please provide pointers !
Old 27th January 2010, 20:29   #189
Senior - BHPian

I have read the entire thread. for a full repaint including tinkering, which is the best paint shop? Suraksha or Sai colorium?. I want the paint to last for another 5 years. Do these shops give the privelege of choosing our own brand of paint? (not that i know about paints. have to do some research).
Old 27th January 2010, 20:36   #190
Team-BHP Support

Sai Colorium in Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st phase. If I had more time, I'd leave my car there everyday.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:34   #191
Team-BHP Support

@ranjan: Take 1800 as rough estimate for one piece, multiply this into number of piece's. This should give you a rough estimate.

@kutlee: Have tried both of them, Sai for overall quality of work, expertise. Suraksha for slightly cheaper service.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:01   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@kutlee: Have tried both of them, Sai for overall quality of work, expertise. Suraksha for slightly cheaper service.
I second Jaggu's suggestion. Upon Jaggu's suggestion, I had been to Sai Colorium to fix my car after an accident a couple of weeks back. They have done a good job of it. I am yet to put down the whole experience - have been kinda held up. But if anyone wants to check out my car, you're welcome
Old 28th January 2010, 13:10   #193
BANNED

Thanks Jaggu,
Still confused if I will be able to go so far to get this done, have very little time this weekend also. Any suggestions to somewhere nearby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
I second Jaggu's suggestion. Upon Jaggu's suggestion, I had been to Sai Colorium to fix my car after an accident a couple of weeks back. They have done a good job of it. I am yet to put down the whole experience - have been kinda held up. But if anyone wants to check out my car, you're welcome
Harsha,
Problem is, I have to travel all the way from Indira Nagar to JP Nagar. Do you think it is worth going so far? or I can opt for someone nearby? How did you find it? Was the charge genuine enough?
Old 28th January 2010, 13:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

thanks people, will try Sai based on feedback. I am looking at quality over price.
Old 28th January 2010, 21:39   #195
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Fast cars in Bannerughatta road is also good. esp for TATA cars. they use dupont paint.

i had got my Indica Vista left side doors ( front and back) dent removal and paint there . iam satisfied with the quality of work
Closed Thread