Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 28th January 2010, 23:14   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Fast cars in Bannerughatta road is also good. esp for TATA cars. they use dupont paint.

i had got my Indica Vista left side doors ( front and back) dent removal and paint there . iam satisfied with the quality of work
I second the post. Fast Cars is a great place for painting and body work. Sohan the guy who runs it has managed to keep up the quality of bodywork and paint. Real good attitude too.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:33   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Harsha,
Problem is, I have to travel all the way from Indira Nagar to JP Nagar. Do you think it is worth going so far? or I can opt for someone nearby? How did you find it? Was the charge genuine enough?
Harsha is also from Indira Nagar side, wind tunnel road to be precise. He towed the car till Sai after not getting decent quote from Hyundai or his regular mech. Afterall its matter of 2 trips at the most, so give it a try if you can.

As far as experience and cost go, am also waiting coz that (report/review) is what i had charged to Harsha
Old 29th January 2010, 13:45   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

As far as experience and cost go, am also waiting coz that (report/review) is what i had charged to Harsha
yes Jaggu. I owe that one to you all. I will have to set myself a deadline and report the events and the incident. In fact, due to a folly on my part, my car is not fully ready as yet - i had opted for cheap headlamps that have to be changed. details will be in my report.

Ranjan, distance should really not be your concern. if you find a good place to get your job done even in a nearby city, you should go ahead with that.
Having said that, i really do not know if their charges were up to the mark because i did not take competitive quotes. of course, any place will be cheaper than Hyundai ASC, that I figured out.
Check your options and decide on something fast and get it over with, pal.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:18   #199
BHPian

Had a small accident where a crazy biker lost control while manoeuvring in a traffic jam brushed the left of my car and sped away before I could get out and catch hold of him. Anyways, the incident left a long scratch on both doors on the left and a dent of maybe 2-3mm.

I have already claimed insurance this year through National Insurance to have my rear bumper replaced after an incident with a BMTC bus. Job was done at Mandovi Motors Wilson Garden where the final outcome was unsatisfactory. Now I plan to get the scratch/dent fixed at Sai Colorium. Do they get the job done thorugh Insurance Claims?
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:32   #200
Senior - BHPian

@dreamdiesel - Hope your car is put back into pristine condition ASAP. Post your experience on Sai Colorium both in terms of repair as well as insurance claims.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:54   #201
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Sai Colorium, J P Nagar is the T-Bhp recommended Paint shop!
I guess they must be familiar with T-Bhp & we can expect a good pricing from them...

Even I need to get my front bumper slightly repaired & repainted.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:02   #202
Team-BHP Support

@dreamdiesel: yes they do insurance claim also
@finney: for the workmanship, definitely yes. And yes they are aware of TBHP, discounts am not sure though they quote decent rates.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:20   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dreamdiesel: yes they do insurance claim also
@finney: for the workmanship, definitely yes. And yes they are aware of TBHP, discounts am not sure though they quote decent rates.
They definitely are aware about T-Bhp. I managed to knock off a couple of hundreds off my bill when I told him about T-Bhp. Although, I think I would have managed the same discount after some bargaining even without mentioning T-Bhp.

Fairly happy with the job they did. Noticed a couple of new scratches on the rear bumper, when asked, they denied they did it. Later, I got it fumed, but I had to make a second visit to get it done. The finishing was not good though.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
@dreamdiesel - Post your experience on Sai Colorium both in terms of repair as well as insurance claims.
Hey, the repair bit came later. i was more impressed by their insurance handling abilities upfront. hence i opted for Sai. Plus Ananth of Sai is most willing to handle insurance as per your request. he will stretch the insurance company to the extent possible - which is necessary else they will take you for a ride! You can give my reference as Harsha (with the Accent). Since i have recently been to him, it will be fresh in his memory.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:41   #205
BHPian

HI,

Does Sai colorium also do painting for 2 wheelers ? How about anti rust treatment ? Does anyone have feedback about it ?

@Harsha - Any updates on your repair ! Eagerly awaiting your feedback ! If possible please post sum pics of before and after too..

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 2nd February 2010 at 15:47.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:17   #206
Team-BHP Support

@nirmal: i think they will do painting for 2 wheelers also. Especially if you can dismantle and give them the panels to be painted. Though doubt they will do a strip and refit job for 2 wheels.

@harsha: we all are waiting buddy
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:21   #207
BHPian

Guys

Does Sai Colorium take up tinkering work also ?

A stupid biker fell on my silver stone swift at the traffic signal making a dent with his handle bar on the left wheel arch of the car. Dent length is 5 cm and depth might be 1-2 mm. Was exploring the option if the tinkering and painting can be done at Sai

Today, it was my mistake. Touched the wall when reversing and the wall roughness impacted my cars rear bumper. Believe smoothing it with a sand paper and painting should do.

You thoughts are highly appreciated on the same
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:59   #208
Team-BHP Support

Yes dent repairing is also available at Sai, unless the dent is major or tear is there it should be repairable by any good paint/denting shop.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:25   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Yes dent repairing is also available at Sai, unless the dent is major or tear is there it should be repairable by any good paint/denting shop.
Thanks jaggu for the clarification. Will make a visit to them soon
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:40   #210
BHPian

Hey just wanted to check if they work on stuff other than vehicles as well as I have some stuff which needs powder coating...mainly electronics, which I will strip to the bare metal...any ideas?
Closed Thread