Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2010, 13:57   #211
BHPian

Default Front Bumper Broken - Suggestions required

My i10 front bumper is broken. Do i have to replace this only with Hyundai or can i get this done in places like Sai Colorium.
Suggestions .
I have attached pic of it also.
Name:  bumper.bmp
Views: 2306
Size:  106.0 KB

Looks like Sai Colorium have a website also. Here is the link www.saicolorium.com
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:10   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
@nirmal: i think they will do painting for 2 wheelers also. Especially if you can dismantle and give them the panels to be painted. Though doubt they will do a strip and refit job for 2 wheels.
Thanks jaggu !! now my curiosity has been aroused enough to pay them a visit ! Have some repainting on the car as well as my bikes.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Looks like Sai Colorium, J P Nagar is the T-Bhp recommended Paint shop!
I guess they must be familiar with T-Bhp & we can expect a good pricing from them...

Even I need to get my front bumper slightly repaired & repainted.
Of course, they know about t-bhp. Among others, I told them about it several times :-) All the details about good paintshops in Bangalore are in this older thread (including my experience with Sai Colorium for my car painting)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html (Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?)

Please post your experiences there, so there can be one thread on this.

Cheers,
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:29   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
My i10 front bumper is broken. Do i have to replace this only with Hyundai or can i get this done in places like Sai Colorium.
Suggestions .
I have attached pic of it also.
Attachment 280337
The A.S.S. can repair this bumper cut by "stitching" in which case you don't need to replace the bumper (and also part painting of 1/3 of bumper will be sufficient) - ofcourse, if you are fine to replace the bumper that's the best situation.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:25   #215
BHPian

brand new bumper is 1.2K + painting. think about claim.
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:21   #216
BHPian

Sorry forgot to mention that the support panels which hold the bumpers on either sides of the radiator is also broken as per the A.S.S.
And they are quoting around 12k to 13k with 50% insurance claim.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:44   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sorry forgot to mention that the support panels which hold the bumpers on either sides of the radiator is also broken as per the A.S.S.
And they are quoting around 12k to 13k with 50% insurance claim.
Tough luck then :-( Get it checked by an outside bodyshop if there is a patch up possible. Since its your bumper, chances are there will be minor touches / collisions, and the bumper will fall down...
Plastic part is 50% from insurance. Painting is always 100% (unless you are more than ~80% of IDV etc), so please get a proper estimate from them...
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:00   #218
Senior - BHPian

Default Some reviews

Since many people asking about Sai etc, here are some posts from the original thread which maybe of help!

Suraksha Adugodi : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...tml#post848999
Sai Colorium : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...tml#post887679
Suraksha Adugodi (another thread) : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post968493 (My lancer got hit when parked inside hotel)
Old 4th February 2010, 12:51   #219
BHPian

Where is this place in adugodi? Need some small painting work done on a side panel of the computer.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:34   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@harsha: we all are waiting buddy
here you all are:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1716308 (Hyundai Acc(id)ent!)
Old 4th February 2010, 18:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Where is this place in adugodi? Need some small painting work done on a side panel of the computer.
Its on Hosur road on the left side if going towards M.G. Road just before a drain which the road crosses over. All the details are in this thread :-)
Old 7th February 2010, 11:34   #222
Senior - BHPian

I have given my lancer for painting to Sai Colorium last Friday. Will update with the results in 3 weeks time. Their setup is good. They also undertake mod jobs. I saw coupla wip pictures and was pretty impressed. I have photos too.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:22   #223
Senior - BHPian

Default MyTVS, Bannerghatta Road

Friends, I have found another good place in Bangalore for tinkering & painting!
It is MyTVS (part of TVS Sundaram group), Bannerghatta Road.

I saw their Ad in the paper (The Hindu) last Sunday, I have attached the same below.
The rates mentioned in the Ad looked reasonable, also when TVS was the Fiat ASC before Fiat-Tata in 2006, I had done accident repair work at TVS workshop, Kasturba Road. And they did a good job in tinkering & painting apart from one instance where the paint started peeling off the bumper, which they repainted FOC.

My front bumper had a small tear & plenty of scratches thanks to the Bangalore traffic.
After seeing this TVS ad, I decided to get it repaired & painted at MyTVS, Bannerghatta Road.
So last Monday, I went there, but couldn't locate the place, so I parked the car on the extreme left side & called them up & got the directions.
I just ended the call & hear a thud sound at the rear!
I look back & see one moron carrying a old wooden door on a bicycle, that too he had placed in horizontally, occupying 1/3rd of the road.
When I overtook him before, I was cursing him in mind for carrying this stuff in such callous manner on the road (that too busy B'ghatta Road).
I get out & inspect the car and worse fears come true, my right-side Tail lamp is broken.
I got wild at that moron & shouted him for the reckless manner he was carrying that stuff & then bumping that old door full of nails on to my stationary car!
I told him to pay up for the tail-lamp, atleast half of the price (Rs.1000) I paid two years back.
But, he said he is daily wage labourer (his appearance confirms so), he doesn't have any money & apologised profusely.
I had no option but to let him go...

Finally, reached the MyTVS workshop, one Mr.Murugesan (Service Engineer) greeted me & asked me what needs to be done.
I showed him the front bumper, he quoted me Rs.2500 for repair & painting, which sounded reasonable for me.
I had intended to get this bumper done at my own expense, but now with the fresh accident (Bicycle bang), I decided to claim insurance.

Murgesan told me that bumper work will take only 1 day, but if I am claiming insurance, the work will take atleast 3 days.
I went ahead with the Insurance claim, but as usual the Palio tail-lamp was not in stock with Concorde (Tata-Fiat dealer).
The tail-lamp was supposed to be delivered by Concorde y'day (Thurs), but due to some reasons they couldn't deliver, so Murugesan told me & collect the car in the evening, he will come & fit the Tail-lamp later.

Went there y'day evening to take the delivery, my silver Palio looked sparkling new, the front bumper was shining good as new, the tear & numerous scratches just vanished!
As a complimentary, they did a complete external body polish too.

I am very happy with the painting work done by MyTVS and their reasonable pricing, will definitly recommend it to the Bhpians.
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-mytvs.jpg  

Old 26th February 2010, 16:50   #224
BHPian

Thanks Finney for this info. But isnt the price the same as the service center of dealers, ie high ?

Last edited by s3va : 26th February 2010 at 16:51.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:03   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Thanks Finney for this info. But isnt the price the same as the service center of dealers, ie high ?
I found the rates high too. Same charges in A*S.

Moreover in the advertisement. Bumper painting is 1700 for A Segment? Only Painting?
Closed Thread