Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2010, 17:39   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Damn thats not good. I called some 2 months back w/o reference to T-Bhp and got some quote. I got the same quote after enquiring after mentioning t-bhp and the same time frame for the job completion. After hearing this I might as well ask Chameleon about their quote. The problem is they do not confirm anything on the phone and insist on seeing the car first. Which is correct but still. I might ask them before deciding for my paint job.

Pervez, did you find Chameleon any good? I stay pretty close to them and intend to take my Santro to them (lots of minor scratches and one major dent on the bonnet). do let me know.
Old 26th February 2010, 20:15   #227
Senior - BHPian

S3va & Ranjan, 2.5 years back Manipal charged me Rs.2700 for painting my Palio's front-bumper, now it will be around Rs.3000 or more.
MyTVS quote for painting the same (Palio front-bumper) is Rs.2000.
So, the price difference is substantial!
Old 27th February 2010, 03:49   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Had a small accident where a crazy biker lost control while manoeuvring in a traffic jam brushed the left of my car and sped away before I could get out and catch hold of him. Anyways, the incident left a long scratch on both doors on the left and a dent of maybe 2-3mm.

I have already claimed insurance this year through National Insurance to have my rear bumper replaced after an incident with a BMTC bus. Job was done at Mandovi Motors Wilson Garden where the final outcome was unsatisfactory. Now I plan to get the scratch/dent fixed at Sai Colorium. Do they get the job done thorugh Insurance Claims?
I did visit Sai Colorium at JP Nagar. The Service Advisor Narayan was helpful and his face lit up seeing the TBHP sticker on my Swift.

I am having the repairs done through insurance claim. National Insurance does not have cashless transaction with Sai Colorium. So had a little bit of running around to do. Visit the National Insurance Office, fill up the Claim Form, submit the required documents and also submit an estimate from Sai Colorium.

Left the car at Sai Colorium on Wednesday. All the work expected to be completed by Saturday. So waiting for the results....
Old 27th February 2010, 07:22   #229
Senior - BHPian

Default Koramangala workshop for paint jobs

In Koramangala / ST bed, you could get your tinkering & painting jobs done at Sugitha Body Works. I found the quality of work to be good and rates reasonable. While coming on Inner ring road from Domlur flyover, take a left turn at Sony World signal, and another left (narrow lane) after SBI. The shop has recently shifted to a place little further down the same lane.

Wonder where Kataiah garage has shifted to. It used to be in the same area. The guys used to do an awesome body tinkering & painting job.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:57   #230
Senior - BHPian

I too have been happy with the interactions with them when I gave my furnace-red MJD to them for accident repairs. Their manager Mr. Murugesan was very friendly, and gave me his contact number. However, I found their paintjob very dissatisfactory.
My brother had a small accident which broke th front bumper and gave big dents on the bonnet, so I gave the car to MyTVS. When I got the car back, I didn't notice the different in shade. The bonnet and the front bumper's shades were different from the other parts of the car. The difference was quite noticeable after 2 months or so. I still waited for the paint to fade, for another 4 months. Finally, I complained to MyTVS 6 months later, and they didn't hesitate in taking the car immediately. I got the car back in 2 days, and they had done some servicing on the car, for free!! However, the paintjob was again dissatisfactory. Finally, after waiting for 2 months for the paint to fade, I got the bonnet repainted at Conconde (Hosur Road) for free, because MyTVS agreed to pay Concorde directly.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:48   #231
BHPian

Have to put in another good word for Surakshaa. I will stick to these guys for most of my work.

Recently painted both my right doors of the baleno and the rear bumper. Excellent finish, Good denting work and colour matching must have not have been difficult being black car.

Today I gave in law's zen for painting, lets see how it comes out. Also am planning to do a colour change for the Baleno. I was quoted 35K plus consumables for a colour change.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:16   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Have to put in another good word for Surakshaa. I will stick to these guys for most of my work.

Recently painted both my right doors of the baleno and the rear bumper. Excellent finish, Good denting work and colour matching must have not have been difficult being black car.
CTC?

I mean Cost to crazydiablo? How much did you pay for the the paint job?
Old 11th March 2010, 09:15   #233
BHPian

I claimed insurance so I paid only min deductible which is 1000 rupees. For the Zen it will be around 500 bucks. They are pretty good with costs also man. Professionalism is what I like, plus if you tell them that you have heard about them through friends and you are a auto enthusiast they take good care of the car.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:53   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
S3va & Ranjan, 2.5 years back Manipal charged me Rs.2700 for painting my Palio's front-bumper, now it will be around Rs.3000 or more.
MyTVS quote for painting the same (Palio front-bumper) is Rs.2000.
So, the price difference is substantial!
MyTVS quoting 2700 for painting the rear bumper of my car which involves very minor filling of scratch marks also. I haven't really applied my nego skills here, so there is still scope of reducing few hundreds more.

Sai Col is chargins anywhere between Rs.2200-2500

SO guys which is good in terms of quality of work ? Price wise i dont see much difference.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:32   #235
BHPian

Guys,
I want to do 3M exterior paint protection service to my car but found that Concord Motors in Mysore road doesn't have this facility. Is there any place which is known to be excellent for this service with reasonable rates?
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:38   #236
BHPian

All dealers are not equipped with the spray gun required for the 3M treatment. TVS Sundaram has the facility that I know, but I dont know if they will undertake FIAT cars. Else MYTVS should be the best place for you. Or Pm me, I shall give you the 3M guy number who should help you.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:10   #237

Default Choosing a private bodyshop or A.S.S

I am trying to get a small dent removed and repainting done for the driver side door (90 degree collision with 2 wheeler !!).
I took quotes from Fast Cars on Bannergatta Rd and also from Mandovi Motors (MM), the A.S.S. Fast Cars has quoted 3K while MM have quoted 6K. When I asked the manager at MM for the reason behind this difference, he could not give me any explanation whatsoever.
Fast Cars is a reputed player in bodywork and I have done business with him before. He is definitely reliable and good.

So, why the difference and what should I choose?
Old 25th March 2010, 17:53   #238
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on the RAC workshop in Koramangala for body works and painting?
Old 30th March 2010, 19:24   #239
BHPian

hey guys i found out a friend of mine (shashank from fusion kustoms) does customized airbrush paint job in bangalore . I saw some of his works really cool. he does Cars and bikes

I think this might be handy for people who want customized paint jobs
for more info check out Paintjobs.webs.com - Home
Old 6th May 2010, 11:37   #240
BHPian

Exclamation Paint Job required

Hi. Had un unfortunate accident yesterday. Got my car scratched quite bad as you can see from the photo. Need advise on the following

(1) Should I give it to Hyundai Service Centre or 3rd Party like Sai Colorium, Bangalore? Honestly am looking at a good job / colour matching etc and dont mind giving it to HYundai if the cost difference isnt substantial.
(2) What should this approximately cost, as I plan to claim insurance.

Thanks,

Victor
Attached Thumbnails
Where to get a good paintjob in bangalore?-img00256.jpg  

Closed Thread