Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 15:58   #121
A.R
BHPian

I recently got my Baleno painted. Full painting & Tinkering (if any) will cost about 31k at MASS, Dupont paint, Midnight Black color in a Paint Booth. Time - approx 10 Days.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:08   #122

Dent on door

There is dent on driver side door on my swift and also on fender. Paint is intact.Please suggest me where I can get it fixed ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th January 2009, 01:26   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Good News.
Sai gave very prompt support to me when he came to know I belong to TBHP! And the bill was 0.5K less than quote. Together we win, special thanks to TBHP!

At the end of the day I am very satisfied to have a long pending fear addressed beyond my expectation.
Good to hear you are happy with the job. I had discussed a lot with Ananth about team-bhp and a good job giving him a good repo on team-bhp when I got my car fully painted last a July :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray

Have any of you done a full body paint for Zen? What was the cost for it?

Sai Colorium would probably charge = about 10k for painting, 2-3k for fitting and cleaning. I am basing this on 16k for painting the Lancer in same body color apart from fitting/cleaning and any body repair charges

Last edited by lancer_rit : 17th January 2009 at 01:30.
Old 6th February 2009, 01:09   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post

Sai Colorium would probably charge = about 10k for painting, 2-3k for fitting and cleaning. I am basing this on 16k for painting the Lancer in same body color apart from fitting/cleaning and any body repair charges
Mr. Khan from Sai has quoted 18k including the denting work. Which I feel on a higher side, from your lancer inputs.

Also he said they will do a teflon coating, which I am not very comfortable with. While I asked for a clear coat, he was insisting on a teflon coating finish.
Old 6th February 2009, 01:58   #125
BHPian

you must give Krishna Garage on tamarai kannan road in ulsoor a shot. he is by far the best painter in bangalore. i have seen his work on some ols landmasters and some porsches, really incredible. i have seen him paint half a car only and match the shades with the remaining car and its just unbelievable what he can achieve.

But this surely comes at a price. you can be sure that he uses the best of material.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:50   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Mr. Khan from Sai has quoted 18k including the denting work. Which I feel on a higher side, from your lancer inputs.

Also he said they will do a teflon coating, which I am not very comfortable with. While I asked for a clear coat, he was insisting on a teflon coating finish.
Well that looks a tad high, though I did my stuff back in July or something. You should speak to Mr. Ananth, the proprietor. He had told me that the cost is on the basis of surface area for painting, and the degree of denting required. For my car, the total bill was about 21k including denting, fitting etc. Just the painting was 15-16k.
Teflon coating they provide a free coat which you can refuse. Obviously, this is separate from clear coat which has to be applied while painting. You can enquire about that.
Alternately, go to Suraksha motors who are Maruti A.S.S. and also heavily recommended here.
Cheers
Old 14th February 2009, 18:31   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Alternately, go to Suraksha motors who are Maruti A.S.S. and also heavily recommended here.
Cheers
Got a quote from Suraksha today, going to 30K. So most probably giving to Sai Colorium (may be next week). Will post the experience.
Old 14th February 2009, 18:58   #128
Team-BHP Support

Let me state Suraksha are good for painting only.

If there is major dismantling etc. Some bits might be missing- rivets etc.
Old 14th February 2009, 19:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Let me state Suraksha are good for painting only.

If there is major dismantling etc. Some bits might be missing- rivets etc.
Ooops, I have given them for Gearbox checking

But went with akroy, so hopefully they will take care.
Old 14th February 2009, 19:44   #130
Team-BHP Support

Mechanically, they are okay, am talking more about body work and interior fittings
Old 14th February 2009, 20:00   #131
Team-BHP Support

There are 3 surakshaa guys. The one which ajmat is talking about is near Adugodi. As Ajmat says they are good for body work if it is not a major job. Doors, bumpers and panels are ok. If too much removing is requires then you have to be careful. Mechanical they are good for Alto, 800, zen and WagonR. For swift/SX4/baleno best to avoid.

The other surakshaa on Hosur road near bomanahalli are supposed to be good for mechanical jobs but no feedback on bosy work.

The 3rd Surakshaa near E-city is good for regular maintenance service. Gave a friend's Alto there and they did a very good job although a regular service cost him Rs.5K.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:37   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
...The other surakshaa on Hosur road near bomanahalli are supposed to be good for mechanical jobs but no feedback on bosy work...
Got my Alto's body work done (due to the TN bus incident) from Hosur road Surakshaa. Work was completed and delivered in 3 days. But had issues with regard to finishing and had to sent it back.

They even had missed out to paint some cracked paint on the inside. Do not know how that was missed.

But final work was ok. Do not know if it might pass the sharp eye of few of our people here, but OK for me.
Old 14th February 2009, 23:12   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Mechanically, they are okay, am talking more about body work and interior fittings
Well, I did have to replace the dicky internal plastic plugs to hold the interior moulding after my dent job there.
OTOH, its a problem in most places I guess - Sai also caused some grief with a couple of scuff plates on the door running board and got my dicky floor board wet...
I guess if more unassembly and re-assembly is required, the A.S.S. guys know the setup best...
As I mentioned before, usually the guys just dump everything they took off/disasembled in a pile and that causes some small issues like missing pips/rivets/slightly bent stuff etc.

@arindamray, please emphasise to Sai you are very finicky about job, and they need to do very good denting, painting etc etc - the care a car gets in most workshops is somewhat dependent on what the owner pushes for. You can read my review in this thread on what to look out for. Best Wishes for a good paint job!

Last edited by lancer_rit : 14th February 2009 at 23:19.
Old 14th February 2009, 23:34   #134
BHPian

Given to Hosur road Suraksha.

Quote:
@arindamray, please emphasise to Sai you are very finicky about job, and they need to do very good denting, painting etc etc - the care a car gets in most workshops is somewhat dependent on what the owner pushes for. You can read my review in this thread on what to look out for. Best Wishes for a good paint job!
Yes, I have gone through your post, and will go through once more before going there. The only problem is I myself do not what exactly to look for!

One more question, I have seen a couple of cases where the color looks gine when new but gets discoloured after say 6 months with exposure to nature. Have you got any such problem?
Old 14th February 2009, 23:34   #135
BANNED

Now i feel lucky to have my own team of Mechanic, Electrician, Tinker and a Painter.

I dont trust any Authorised service Centres, by the pathetic experience i've been through.

Let not cost come in the forefront during a paint job. Painting is an art, Better the quality of paint, better are the results.

My 40K went down the drain at Bimal Auto-Whitefield road during my M-800 paint job last year. My M-800 has already started showing age.

Whereas, i've spent around 45K on my Beetle 6 yrs ago, i still see the gloss in the paint.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks