Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th October 2011, 08:42   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Hydraulic Jacks

Can someone please recommend me a place and price for a Hydraulic Jack in Delhi / Gurgaon?
I would prefer a Boxed Crocodile type with at least a 2 Ton capacity. 3 Ton is better, since I would need to lift my Gurkha.
I recently had to switch a tyre on my Gurkha with the conventional Screw Type Jack, and it took me close to 15 minutes, just to lift the vehicle and it was painful doing it. :-)
roy_libran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 10:16   #47
BHPian

there are plenty in ajmeri gate. A friend bought one for about 750 for his indica.
sinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 12:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead
there are plenty in ajmeri gate. A friend bought one for about 750 for his indica.
Thanks Sinhead. 750 bucks is juicy. Now, I need to plan a trip there...
roy_libran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 10:44   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone knows where in Bangalore one can get sturdy tool boxes ?
I'm looking for one to hold a mini hydraulic trolley jack, the one that came with the product is flimsy and the plastic press-type lock is broken.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 22:10   #50
BHPian

I had a question pertaining to jack stands so thought this would be the most appropriate place to post.

I recently purchased the 3 ton "Big Bull Jack Stands". The problem is that the scissor jack on my honda accord doesn't lift the car enough for me to even slide the jack stands in. The jack stands at their minimum height are too tall to fit under the car even when the scissor jack is fully raised.

Here's a link to the jack stands I purchased: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/big-...dorCode=S2bf8c

I did purchase a seemingly taller jack but that turned out to be just a few cms taller than my scissor jacks. I'm pretty lost because I can't seem to find any taller jacks. They're almost a foot tall at their minimum.
Which jack should I get and where do you recommend I get it from? The local hardware store near my place (Prakash auto) in Santacruz W, Mumbai doesn't store hydraulic jacks.
Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm really struggling to get the jack stands under there.
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 23:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I recently purchased the 3 ton "Big Bull Jack Stands". The problem is that the scissor jack on my honda accord doesn't lift the car enough for me to even slide the jack stands in. The jack stands at their minimum height are too tall to fit under the car even when the scissor jack is fully raised.
Scissor jack (screw type) or hydraulic bottle jack have the height limitations mentioned by you. You will get the type of jack posted by rjstyle69 on page 1 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

I have seen such jacks used commonly by the mechanics along with the jack stands that you have purchased.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 14:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Scissor jack (screw type) or hydraulic bottle jack have the height limitations mentioned by you. You will get the type of jack posted by rjstyle69 on page 1 of this thread.

I have seen such jacks used commonly by the mechanics along with the jack stands that you have purchased.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/morelife-mb...FUQljgodlqQACg

Do you mean something like the link above?

However, it mentions a maximum height of 330 mm. I doubt that'll be enough for the minimum limit.
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 00:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Do you mean something like the link above?

However, it mentions a maximum height of 330 mm. I doubt that'll be enough for the minimum limit.
Yes, like that one. The model shown in your link is small. There are models with enough lift height.

You can check the exact model and make at a good tyre alignment shop. They regularly use this kind of jack with the jack stand. They can also tell you where you will get this jack nearby.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 18:38   #54

Default Hydraulic Jacks

Resurrecting a fairly old post. I am looking for a crocodile jack for my Creta online. Basically I want one that can be raised fairly high and has a good load capacity. Does anybody have any experience, suggestions, advice, links, etc.? Thanks in advance.
JG_SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote