Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd July 2013, 10:08   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Palio 1.6 Turbo Charged

Slipped from my mind in my previous post. How is the reliability of the timing belt post modification. Almost all European engine stick to mandatory 60K replacement of timing belt, tensioner, other bearings and this engine is no exception being interferance engine the damage will be more. Does this have effect on the duration of replacing the belt.

Regards,
Vijay

Last edited by vijaycool : 3rd July 2013 at 10:10.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:25   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Thanks for sharing the difference. Thick connecting rod could be the fact this engine is a sized down version of 1.8 16V to 1.6 16V and generated 125hp. I do believe ecu part is tough to crack in European cars considering internals are so strong it can easily take higher HP apart from lack of upgrade parts.
Is the clutch uprated ? If yes may I know what you have used.
Can you tell me which radiator is being used. My car's radiator is already due for replacement and constantly overheated.
Have you pushed the revv limiter from the stock 7200rpm to higher as this engine can easily rev to 10000 rpm?
The oil cooler was also changed and relocated to accommodate the intercooler.
Does palio got oil cooler?
The clutch is not uprated, although we have been looking around without success for an upgrade kit.

Rev limit is stock - we have not increased it. I would definitely prefer lighter conrods, forged low compression pistons and octane if I were to increase it.

The oil cooler is for the power steering oil - not engine oil - it is just a single coil without fins.

I do not see any increased load on the camshaft / timing belt due to the modification. However, we did change the timing belt kit.

Cracking the ecu is not a problem for us with the Unichip - we have had not problems at all - the oe ecu does not throw a check engine light even with this level of modification !
sapl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:40   #138
BHPian

Re posting the picture with various components labelled
Attached Thumbnails
Palio 1.6 Turbo Charged-layout.jpg  

sapl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote