Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th September 2007, 11:15   #1
BANNED

Default skoda laura...remapping

hello all......i am abt to purchase a second hand skoda laura.however i m unsatisfied with the performance of the car....especially after driving the superb my dad owns.i would like to get engine re mapping done from petes to increse the performance. my budget is arnd 100k(max) for the whole engine re mapping and all. i would like to know wat is the best engine n other modification i can do within my budget so that the car has comparable performance to the superb. also will only the accerlation improve or the top speed will also improve. although i like the car n i m impressed with its equipment list my buying decion will grealt depend on the performance gains i can get out of the car.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi bigron,

Congrats on deciding on a Laura, its a Superb car

Anyways coming to performance gains, you can get a stage II remap and a green filter for your Laura. Stage II will mean you will get 140bhp put of the Laura and it will fit in your budget as well.

Turboindia will be able to give you further details, you can PM here

Your top speed should also see a increase IMHO with better acceleration.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 13:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

There are a few Lauras in Delhi with a Custom Code Phase I Remap with an addon green intake system, which brings the cars close into 145bhp with excellent driveability. Expected budget is under Rs.60k for both the items. More details here: Custom-Code - The Latest Innovation in Serial Port Chip Tuning Technology. Remap VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - DIESEL 1.9 PD TDI EDC16 105 BHP
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 13:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Just curious on what the Laura re-sale value is like- How much did you pay for yours?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 13:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Also tell us what's the price of new there (these local road taxes are insane at bangalore)...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 16:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Remap is the way to go !!!! I have a re-mapped Octavia 1.9 TDi & can assure you the difference is performance is FANTASTIC.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 16:33   #7
BHPian

Hi!
Go the remap way. Peter's just did my 1.9TDI. First I had the tuning box, later did the remap, and the difference was not little but fantastic. Have a blast. Sadly now I need to upgrade the brakes. Contact Peter (turboindia.) The best service and technical support I have seen ever, that to professional to the core.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 16:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats very true, a lot of our customers including ones for Octavia and Laura have jumped from tuning boxes to remaps and everyone including me feels that the performance difference is fantastic. Petes has a great product with the custom code remaps and we are definitely proud to provide to our north indian customers.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 16:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

[quote=autopsyche;559130]Thats very true, a lot of our customers including ones for Octavia and Laura have jumped from tuning boxes to remaps and everyone including me feels that the performance difference is fantastic.

And some "jumped" straight from Stock to Remaps & lived happily ever after !!!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 23:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contact Peter (turboindia.) The best service and technical support I have seen ever, that to professional to the core
You bet i totally agree with you on that, having experienced the fantastic service first hand.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:07   #11
BHPian

Pardon me for ignorance, but I'd like to know why is there a difference between the Remap and a tuning box? Both are altering the ECU instructions. Or does it mean that Custom Code software is superior to PSI?

@BigRon ->As suggested, ReMap and Airfilter upgrade are all you need.

Closest Pete's Dealer for you will be in Jalandhar.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 11th September 2007 at 11:09.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if it is available here. You might want to check this stuff out: Custom-Code - The Latest Innovation in Serial Port Chip Tuning Technology. Remap VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Switchable Technology for PD TDI Remaps

I recently bought the VAG-COM software thing from Ross-Tech: Home (costs less than 400 USD.) I thought I will wait for some time before I go for a remap, but this switchable remap looks promising - especially if they have a city-driving (bangalore!!!!) remap and a highway driving remap.

Btw, won't remap affect the brake performace and clutch wear rate?
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:45   #13
BANNED

Post deleted : You have been warned before. Please do NOT post in SMS / Slang language as it is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2007 at 09:44.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2007, 11:48   #14
BANNED

one more thing as somebody else also pointed out wont the increase in performance affect the brakes or the suspension n i hope all the remapping can be done with the automatic transmission....
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 14:00   #15
BHPian

Bigron
The brakes are good on the Laura and in case you feel them to be less than what you need we have TAROX brake pads o give you that extra bite.

Also on the Laura there is only a Phase 1. Phase 2 requires a exhaust and intake which is not a recommendation for a Diesel and moreover at around 145BHP and close to 315Nm you would not want anything more.

As for the top speed it wont change but the time taken to get there would. And your 0-100 should be below 10 secs positively.

Mr. Dharminder ( J D Performance) is the man to talk to if you need to do something on your car. Of course you can call us anytime in case you have any further clarifications to make.

Rgds
turboindia is offline   Reply With Quote