Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 19:26   #31
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

See if you could put up a video of the rev counter pulling revs at idle in 1st gear and more importantly under load for the 1st 2 gears at least. Want to see how quick it revs. Also what is the redline?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 20:11   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Sure does sound good. I think you've got all the decals also put by now or am i mistaking it for another black corsa???
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 22:20   #33
BHPian
 
A S H V I N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 257
Thanked: Once
Default

Sweet work bro .. nice to see you've worked on a Corsa .. looks great on the outside n i'm sure she performs great as well .. you have the whole package
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 22:50   #34
BHPian
 
gamerno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Andheri (w), Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

one of the best corsa i've seen. Drive safe & treat her well
PS. > are you from lokhandwala?
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 23:33   #35
BHPian
 
chetanhanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 886
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'd suggest U get that AFR meter or gizmo to check ur fuelling.
IF then u find that u're running lean somewhere, try correcting it with the ECU. If the injectors max out, then u'll need those bigger injectors.
I dont see any modifications on his engine which will make him max out his injectors, he hasn't pushed the engine to that level...
I feel even his oversized Astra injectors may be an overkill

by the way adaman , its nice to see what can be done to an opel corsa ...usually its honda,mitsubishi and suzuki..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 10th September 2007 at 23:35.
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 23:39   #36
BHPian
 
chetanhanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 886
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Ya now that you said it...it does sound like a mini American Muscle Car !!!! Enjoy..as long as it drives well & the irregular idle does not interfere with performance I guess it's cool !!

Cheers
Irregular idle will never hurt his performance, In simple words its just that the cams are so "performace oriented" they are taking in huge gobs of air which is creating this ireegular idle...

So in short if we hear an irregular idle we know he is running some hardcore overlapping cam setup...which should mean ideally big performance at top end.
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 01:02   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Nice ride, adman. Brave, & different.

270 degree cams...holy cow...! And what's the lift like? Do feel any torque at all below 3.5K RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
So in short if we hear an irregular idle we know he is running some hardcore overlapping cam setup
Yea. Or....the engine could be screwed up real bad, or perhaps the power valve's acted up, eh....
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 02:48   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Thats a hottie Adman77. just love the irregular idle. Blame it on the high lift cam. Whats is it? a Piper?
Love your black no bling wheels and the matt bonnet. Makes it look cool and mean

A few things which did not appeal to me (but its a personal choice)

1) The red interior and bling steering wheel... I would've liked to see a nice ordinary momo or a wooden three spoke raid or Momo. This one looks very hot-rodish nouvo-retro (if there is such a word-but Bhavnaon ko samjho yaar!!)

2) Why are the two meters on the dash above the glove box. They seem too far to be able to read when you're driving. So many meters are confusing. You may try puyying them on a pillar console.

In short im dying to have a ride in her. I do believe the corsa can be seriously mean if modded properly. Your car looks like it has been. Congrats and dont drive her the way in ordinary traffic you were in BKC in the Youtube video!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:06   #39
BHPian
 
chetanhanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 886
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Nice ride, adman. Brave, & different.

270 degree cams...holy cow...! And what's the lift like? Do feel any torque at all below 3.5K RPM?



Yea. Or....the engine could be screwed up real bad, or perhaps the power valve's acted up, eh....
ya or engine's screwed up..
whats a power valve ?
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 03:27   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Id like to know too, what is a power valve bud?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 06:26   #41
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Nice ricey exhaust..Not too much of bass..Very nice.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 08:57   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

what the 0-100 timing? Top end.. if you aint got 200 kph+ then..?? modding..

good information about the irregular idle..
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:12   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
whats a power valve ?
Power Valve.

Also known as the check valve, it is an electromechanical device commonly found on all gasoline powered petrol cars. Located at the intake manifold, it helps the ECU read the vacuum/pressure values off the intake and helps setting idling and part throttle A/F mixtures/injection. Without the check valve, no car would idle properly....

Power Valve is the local lingo used by techies...not the Yamaha version, though.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:15   #44
BHPian
 
adman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
See if you could put up a video of the rev counter pulling revs at idle in 1st gear and more importantly under load for the 1st 2 gears at least. Want to see how quick it revs. Also what is the redline?
Sure I'll do it, just wait for a couple of days. Redline right now is around 6500. Waiting for the standalone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Sure does sound good. I think you've got all the decals also put by now or am i mistaking it for another black corsa???
I used to have some decals. They're out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
Sweet work bro .. nice to see you've worked on a Corsa .. looks great on the outside n i'm sure she performs great as well .. you have the whole package
Thanx a lot Ashvin. Glad you liked it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1 View Post
one of the best corsa i've seen. Drive safe & treat her well
PS. > are you from lokhandwala?
Thanx gamer. I stay at Seven Bunglows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Nice ride, adman. Brave, & different.
270 degree cams...holy cow...! And what's the lift like? Do feel any torque at all below 3.5K RPM?
Yea. Or....the engine could be screwed up real bad, or perhaps the power valve's acted up, eh....
Well, the cam kicks in after around 2.5K, so no issues about revving. But below 2K in traffic, well, it'll take some time but i'll get used to it. And no,the engine's not screwed up at all, it's as efficient as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thats a hottie Adman77. just love the irregular idle. Blame it on the high lift cam. Whats is it? a Piper?
Love your black no bling wheels and the matt bonnet. Makes it look cool and mean

A few things which did not appeal to me (but its a personal choice)

1) The red interior and bling steering wheel... I would've liked to see a nice ordinary momo or a wooden three spoke raid or Momo. This one looks very hot-rodish nouvo-retro (if there is such a word-but Bhavnaon ko samjho yaar!!)

That's the little boy racer in me acting up.

2) Why are the two meters on the dash above the glove box. They seem too far to be able to read when you're driving. So many meters are confusing. You may try puyying them on a pillar console.

Couldn't find pillar pods for the Corsa. Am going to get a custom one made soon. Till then...

In short im dying to have a ride in her. I do believe the corsa can be seriously mean if modded properly. Your car looks like it has been. Congrats and dont drive her the way in ordinary traffic you were in BKC in the Youtube video!!
You're always welcome for a drive V16. It'll be an honour. By the way, you'll never find me driving that way in traffic. That was just for the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
what the 0-100 timing? Top end.. if you aint got 200 kph+ then..?? modding..
good information about the irregular idle..
The cam's just in and the car's just back from the tuner. Still haven't got a chance to take him out for a speed test. Will surely put up the figures once I do.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:20   #45
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Well, the cam kicks in after around 2.5K, so no issues about revving. But below 2K in traffic, well, it'll take some time but i'll get used to it. And no,the engine's not screwed up at all, it's as efficient as ever.

The cam's just in and the car's just back from the tuner. Still haven't got a chance to take him out for a speed test. Will surely put up the figures once I do.
Hi Adman,

Hope you have a adjustable cam sprocket installed. If as you say the cam kicks in after 2500 RPM I have a feeling it is not set at the correct timing. A BP270 should come into action around 1750 RPM IMO. Anyways would love to have a ride in your car. keep up with the good work and all the best for future mods.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
muscular meaner looking accent need your views and thoughts rider60 Modifications & Accessories 61 27th March 2009 11:20
Opel Corsa 1.4 GSi/ Corsa Sail 1.4 dsrins Hatchbacks 2 8th August 2006 17:47
All new lighter faster and stronger SLR /w 641hp and may be a Drop Top SLR next year? 1Day The International Automotive Scene 1 4th May 2006 17:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks