Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th September 2007, 15:06   #1
BHPian

Default Advice for Engine enhancements/ mods - 5 Speed MPFI M800

Guys, I have decided to keep this car. I have uploaded a few pics on my gallery, have a look

I would like some tips/ suggestions on improving my car's performance.

Right now the engine is in stock condition, can the experts tell me what are my options with regards to free flow or cams etc..?

I also want to upgrade the shoes, I am looking at 145/80 R12, I do not want alloy wheels. Is there any other size that I can look at?

I saw tyres of size 165/65 R13 yesterday (Potenza), is it a good choice for M800?
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 15:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone Potenza comes in 165/60 R13 profile. Might be a bit big for the M800, you can look at bridgestone turanza or Michelin XM1 155/65 R13.
But either ways it would require you to change the rim size, so better opt for alloys.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 19:58   #3
BHPian

You can expect big gains in performance especially on this 3 valve/cyl 800/alto by using a programmable/remapped aftermarket ECU.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 20:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
You can expect big gains in performance especially on this 3 valve/cyl 800/alto by using a programmable/remapped aftermarket ECU.
WOW! and where do I get that done?
Old 10th September 2007, 20:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
WOW! and where do I get that done?
Contact RDkarthik himself. Chk out ::..INDEX..::

Why dont you plonk a 1.1L engine in it? With a freeflow, standalone ECU (if its an MPFI engine - eg. WagonR/alto engine (?)), porting/polishing, cams etc on the 1.1L engine, your 800 will be one sure shot dose of hell. Keep in mind the brakes on the M800 suck and they need to be upgraded too.

I'm sure the engine transplant can be done and since you are in bangy, the folks will be able to provide all the leads you need. I'm toying with the above idea myself for my M800 but not sure if it will be a good daily drive car.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 20:17   #6
BHPian

The car is excellent as of now, engine, gearbox, everything is as good as it was years ago when I purchased it.

Check out my gallery pics..this is how the 2001 car looks today - I clicked & uploaded the pics just yesterday

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ture-1077.html

What I wanted to do was to improve the performance...I am currently not looking for an Engine swap etc..

What I want is something like free flow, K&N, and something that I learnt here is the ECU stuff...things like that..
Old 10th September 2007, 20:20   #7
BHPian

Upgrade the brakes to the power assisted ones. They are a must. Cost below 5K I guess, not sure.
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 20:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Upgrade the brakes to the power assisted ones. They are a must. Cost below 5K I guess, not sure.
I did enquire about this, but what I learnt was that the brake booster (costs 5k) doesnt really improve braking efficiency, but it just decreases the effort required to press the brake pedal...but there is no improvement in braking per se.

I guess it would help lady drivers who cant really exert so much force on the brake lever, but I being 6 feet and 90 kgs, can do without it

However, I would like to know if there is any other way of improving the brakes...can I swap it with the brakes from some other car?
Old 10th September 2007, 21:00   #9
Team-BHP Support

i guess you could.

i think you should start with a k&n or ractive conical, then a free flow and then porting polishing. that should give you a good gain.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
Will this be legal, do I have to inform RTO about this?
Old 11th September 2007, 12:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
do I have to inform RTO about this?
Trust me they wouldnt know what you are talking about.

But the unit can be concealed so even your regular service guys may not be able to spot it.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote