Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th September 2007, 14:21   #1
BHPian

Default help: honda accord 2006 headlight problem

hi
i have honda accord 2006 model
and have a problem with headlights .its too low (company default 55w helogen with typical pattern with small socket)
where can i get 100/130 w helogen bulbs for accord?
or any other solutions for heavy lights?
can i change bulbs in fog lights too?
i often drives at night on highways

Last edited by neo_trace : 12th September 2007 at 14:24.
neo_trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 19:24   #2
BHPian

I don't quite follow what u mean by saying "its too low".
Is the spread of the beam low?
Check the headlight leveler(3 when minimum load and 0 when full load) or get your headlights focussed next time the car goes for service. Its unlikely the reflectors have dulled so soon.
Also using a 2006 accord, i find the lights to be effective.
You could upgrade to a xenon kit if you commute extensively at night. (philips HID or the like, the Korean ones for 14k are not that effective)
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 19:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi
i have honda accord 2006 model
and have a problem with headlights .its too low (company default 55w helogen with typical pattern with small socket)
where can i get 100/130 w helogen bulbs for accord?
or any other solutions for heavy lights?
can i change bulbs in fog lights too?
i often drives at night on highways
Hello neo_trace!

It would have helped if you'd posted a search on this. Already there's a sticky thread related to headlights. It's here.

I agree that 55/60w isnt sufficient for highway. To enter the 100/130w range. You'll have to fit a relay, which is provided by Roots. Ceramic holders come with the relay kit too.

Only disadvantage using 100/130w is, your headlamp would tend to fade soon cause of the heat produced by the 100/130w bulbs.

However, go through the thread mentioned above, your queries would be answered to and much more.

EDIT: Yes, you can change the bulbs in the foglamps too. To get a better bulb, get it specific to the bulb type like H7 (I'm not sure which bulb is in the Accord's fog lamps.)

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 12th September 2007 at 19:44.
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 22:57   #4
BANNED

well we also have two accords and never faced that problem before but a better solution is to go for xenons they will meet your requirements and are far better than halogens
accord masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:04   #5

Default Re: help: honda accord 2006 headlight problem

Hi Absar

I am facing a similar problem with my 2007 Accord. I managed to find your answer but the link mentioned by you below is not taking me to the thread..

Is there a way for you to share the thread?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Hello neo_trace!

It would have helped if you'd posted a search on this. Already there's a sticky thread related to headlights. It's here.

I agree that 55/60w isnt sufficient for highway. To enter the 100/130w range. You'll have to fit a relay, which is provided by Roots. Ceramic holders come with the relay kit too.

Only disadvantage using 100/130w is, your headlamp would tend to fade soon cause of the heat produced by the 100/130w bulbs.

However, go through the thread mentioned above, your queries would be answered to and much more.

EDIT: Yes, you can change the bulbs in the foglamps too. To get a better bulb, get it specific to the bulb type like H7 (I'm not sure which bulb is in the Accord's fog lamps.)

cya
A
Sher Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 17:24   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: help: honda accord 2006 headlight problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Singh View Post
Hi Absar

I am facing a similar problem with my 2007 Accord. I managed to find your answer but the link mentioned by you below is not taking me to the thread..

Is there a way for you to share the thread?

Thanks.
Hi. Here is the updated link to the relevant discussion:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Regards.
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote