Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th September 2009, 14:05   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@dinar
wont the fuel injection timing have to be changed? will it have to be retarded or advanced?
what about EGTs? will that reduce or increase if we use LPG?
if it helps reduce the EGTs, then its worth considering for me. not looking to boost power anymore till i get a better clutch for the swift D

I think 4X4 roadie wants to vary the amount of LPG injected with varying rpm, rather than it being an on off system that is usually the case when its a DIY.
which is also what i'm interested in.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 00:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Roadie View Post
Well bottom line is I hope to get a little more power out of the same engine. And hopefully a better mileage. So this means that it will only feed in the gas at a fixed rate after a certain RPM. There is no way or need to control the rate of gas flow? Any suggestions on how I can control when the system starts?

So your looking at putting a big GAS Tank?, This thing is very addictive, big increases the pressure in the cylinder and that is a big issue with older diesel engines, I am presuming that you are looking at putting it on a M&M.
I had it on my 750DP, mechanical IDI engine. The system had two switches in series , 1 for arming it [without which the system did not kick in] and second one on the throttle [micro switch] whcih made the system kick in at around 70-75% throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@dinar
wont the fuel injection timing have to be changed? will it have to be retarded or advanced?
what about EGTs? will that reduce or increase if we use LPG?
if it helps reduce the EGTs, then its worth considering for me. not looking to boost power anymore till i get a better clutch for the swift D

I think 4X4 roadie wants to vary the amount of LPG injected with varying rpm, rather than it being an on off system that is usually the case when its a DIY.
which is also what i'm interested in.
I have never tried on the modern diesel engines, can not comment on that, But do not think you require the LGP injection for clean burn the CRD engine, as the ECU take care of the clean burning of fuel based on feedback.
I have also never tried varying injection system, mine was simple kick in when the switch turns it ON.
The EGT defiantly drops, but not a huge difference.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 06:35   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
I have never tried on the modern diesel engines, can not comment on that, But do not think you require the LGP injection for clean burn the CRD engine, as the ECU take care of the clean burning of fuel based on feedback.
I have also never tried varying injection system, mine was simple kick in when the switch turns it ON.
The EGT defiantly drops, but not a huge difference.
Thanks for that.
as long as the EGT tends to drop and not rise, its worth a shot. not anytime soon,though, need to find a clutch that can take the extra torque.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 10:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Thanks for that.
as long as the EGT tends to drop and not rise, its worth a shot. not anytime soon,though, need to find a clutch that can take the extra torque.
Please use this system carefully, start with small size jets, and only use it as N2O, not continuously. I do not know the effect of continues use. I sued it when overtaking or while climbing [which was not needed] just because I had it and knew I could have fun doing it.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:18   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up Dinar!
I intend fitting it on my MM540 (Peugot engine)
I'm going to use 3 switches.
1. Master Switch supplying power to the solenoid control valve as well as the secondary stage of the gas release circuit.
2. Oil pressure switch connected to a relay such that it will come on when the oil pressure switch goes off. (Oil pressure switch is off when the engine is running)
3. Adjustable throttle position switch ( Ill try 75% first)
All three of the above switches will have to be active in order to release gas into the air intake.

For now I intend using a small but robust emergency air tank used by fire fighters and rescue personnel. (I got it from a ship breaking yard in Alang. It has pressure gauge And control valve too).
Attached Images

4x4Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 15:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Roadie View Post
Thanks for the heads up Dinar!
I intend fitting it on my MM540 (Peugot engine)
I'm going to use 3 switches.
1. Master Switch supplying power to the solenoid control valve as well as the secondary stage of the gas release circuit.
2. Oil pressure switch connected to a relay such that it will come on when the oil pressure switch goes off. (Oil pressure switch is off when the engine is running)
3. Adjustable throttle position switch ( Ill try 75% first)
All three of the above switches will have to be active in order to release gas into the air intake.

For now I intend using a small but robust emergency air tank used by fire fighters and rescue personnel. (I got it from a ship breaking yard in Alang. It has pressure gauge And control valve too).
I had used a fire extinguisher cylinder, polished to give a chrome finish.
And used a vale unit of a Gas welder, with two meters, one gave the pressure in the tank the other gave the pressure of the actual feed line system.the line pressure is very important or you won't get any difference.
Since you have gas kit stuff with you, you won't have any problems in maintaining the pressure.
Remember to keep the evaporator close to the where the LPG injector/jet. This will assure the pressure of injection is high and controlled properly.
AND I say in again PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:57   #22
BHPian

4x4 Roadie, I am getting excited that somebody is going to try LPG Fumi. in a Jeep. Pls do keep posted and click/post the pictures on this thread.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote