Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 20th September 2007, 18:34   #1
BHPian

Default where to buy diesel engine's LPG fumigation kits in india?

hi
does anyone know ....from where i can buy reputed lpg fumigation kit in india for diesel car/suv?
neo_trace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 22:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

you can make one yourself with few readily available components, had made one myself for my jeep, be worried it's illegal in India to use this. so be careful .
It'll give good fill for you car [performance wise], there is a drawback to it same the engine will smoke when lpg is injected at intervals, as the carbon deposits from the exhausts get cleared when lgp is used. If your engine is a turbo chare one than you'll have fun with the car.
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 22:51   #3
yuv
BHPian

uhhh... pardon my ignorance but what is a LPG fumigation kit???
yuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 22:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Be very careful while injecting LPG in a diesel engine.
The CR is very high .So, give it too big a jet and Ur piston will come through ur head and the conrod will go through the block.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 23:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
uhhh... pardon my ignorance but what is a LPG fumigation kit???
goto LPG (Propane) Fumigation for Diesel Engines
u ll understan everything
Old 20th September 2007, 23:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Be very careful while injecting LPG in a diesel engine.
The CR is very high .So, give it too big a jet and Ur piston will come through ur head and the conrod will go through the block.

so where can i buy good reliable kit in india?
Old 20th September 2007, 23:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
you can make one yourself with few readily available components, had made one myself for my jeep, be worried it's illegal in India to use this. so be careful .
It'll give good fill for you car [performance wise], there is a drawback to it same the engine will smoke when lpg is injected at intervals, as the carbon deposits from the exhausts get cleared when lgp is used. If your engine is a turbo chare one than you'll have fun with the car.
can u send details me how u made kit self at garage?
Old 21st September 2007, 13:51   #8
BHPian

GOT MAIL :

[SIZE=3]Dear Mehul Lakhani

Thank you for your email. We are just starting to sell our equipment in
India. The first kits left Australia this week. If you contact the
following gentleman he will be able to let you know what his program is
to roll out the system in India:-

d prashant [mailtoras_kavi@yahoo.com]
Standard Consultants Ltd.,
Plot NO 30, Bhagyalaxmi Nagar,
Kavadiguda,
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Hyderabad 500 080
INDIA

Let me know if you require anything else.

Regards
Kingsley Songer
General Manager
Diesel/Gas Australia
Telephone: 61 8 8340 2366
Mobile 61 408022967
Email: ksonger@lovato.com.au
Website: [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#003399]www.dieselgasaustralia.com.au[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by neo_trace : 21st September 2007 at 13:56.
Old 21st September 2007, 14:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

had done it along time back , so no photos but can tell you that I had used an old propane tank [clicks gas stove] initially than got my self a used fire extinguisher tank. Used the valves out of welding units, had got the connectors made on lath, the pipes where regular gas once with metal casing [one used at home on cylinder pipes], switches where from washing machines[to control the actual injection as per the throttle] and the rest of the switches where automotive grade. and the solenoids was out of a industrial furnace. this was way back in the mid 90s so, all the components had be be this way, now you can get most of the components off the shelf, at an hardware store[where they sell tools] for switches you will have to hunt for electronic market in ur city, now a days good pips are available in the market through gas fitting guys.
Had the jets made on lath don't remember the sizes, it was all trial and error.
I had drilled a hole on the top of my air filter [M&M had the oil bath filters than] to connect the system to the air intake after the filtration.

BE CAREFUL WHILE INSTALLING THIS.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 17:51   #10
BHPian

Dinar, I guess you are the only T-BHPian who did this experiment on Jeep.

I have some more concerns...

1. What precaution to be taken care??
2. What is your experience about the amount of power boost (in % if possible). Also is LPG Fum is of no use in high RPM.
3. Why did you decide to take out the kit from your Jeep.
4. what was the mejor issues / experience while doing trial and error.

neo_trace, I need to more abour your search and reaserch on LPG fumigation.

Last edited by DesertKing : 12th May 2009 at 17:54.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 21:17   #11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@neotrace which car are you planning to use it on?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 02:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey desertKing, I had the system on the jeep as I needed more power out of the 2.1L engine in my commander, and that was the only thing I could do those days.

The precaution to be taken are get your self a good pressure regulator and start with half or quarter feeled cylinder, when doing this from scartch. and get small jet first.
I had used the regulator valve founf on gas welding systems, it show the pressure at the outlet and one can controll the pressure.
the internal engine condition go to extreme when you fumigate, so ahev to be carefull when doing this or you be stuck with a blow engine.
Boost in percentage is hard to remember but the vehicle use to pull slops in 4th gear with the LPG set, where it needed to be in 3rd or2nd gear without it. I had fumigation system done to kick in half rpm range.
You can use it earlier also for off roader.

I removed it as it was not legal and also started spending to much on propane, and it was so addictive that I started using it regularly.

issues faced where, with mainting the correct pressure when the solinoid was opened, the size made a big difference, too small and there was no power increase [no feel] and to large heated the engien fast.
Old 7th September 2009, 01:15   #13
BHPian

This thread about LPG fumigation is certainly an eye opener for me.
Ive had a lovato gas kit meant for older [FONT=&quot]carburetor[/FONT] vehicles.Its been lying in a sealed box in a corner of my store room for over 3 years now.
Well I am now hoping to use in on my MM540 4x4 Diesel. The kit is like brand new... Bought it of a guy who was in financial distress for Rs. 2500. It has all the solenoid valves, vaporizer, mixer, pipes etc but no tank. That is not much of an issue yet cos I will manage to get a tank from somewhere or the other. My biggest worry yet is how the gas flow into the air intake is controlled? By the look of it, the main gas valve opens releasing liquid LPG to the vapouriser which then releases a steady amount of gaseous LPG to the air intake. Any suggestions on how this can be regulated or throttled. Has anyone got this set up on a Jeep. Some pics would be greatly appreciated.
4x4Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 07:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Roadie View Post
. Any suggestions on how this can be regulated or throttled. Has anyone got this set up on a Jeep. Some pics would be greatly appreciated.
What exactly you want from the LPG injection system? ,fumigation is something similar to N2O, which kicks in an particular rpm. It's not primary fueling source, it only help diesel combustion and give decent amount a extra torque & power, depending on where the system kicks.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:03   #15
BHPian

Well bottom line is I hope to get a little more power out of the same engine. And hopefully a better mileage. So this means that it will only feed in the gas at a fixed rate after a certain RPM. There is no way or need to control the rate of gas flow? Any suggestions on how I can control when the system starts?
4x4Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote