Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 11:21   #1
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default SX4 Vinyl Graphics/ Mods

I am planning to put Racing Stripe in my car. Just done some graphics to get an idea how it looks (stripe created are not perfect, bear with it).
Any other designs/suggestions ?

Aerial View - Original

Aerial View - Stripe

Front View
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Are these going to be permanant?

I don't think the SX4 has the looks to carry off racing stripes. Maybe if you add side skirts, bumper spoilers, bigger wheels to give the car a lower look, it may just about be able to carry off the stripes. Just my opinion though.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:38   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

I saw a black SX4 hatchback in Singapore with stripes. Looked really cool. A portion of the headlight also had the body colour and awesome low profile tyres with large rims. Like Amit said, they tend to look much better with a body kit.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:47   #4
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Are these going to be permanant?

I don't think the SX4 has the looks to carry off racing stripes. Maybe if you add side skirts, bumper spoilers, bigger wheels to give the car a lower look, it may just about be able to carry off the stripes. Just my opinion though.
Reason for Side skirts restricting me.
1. Cost - comes around 30k for 4 sides.
2. GC is going to be affected, saw one of the swift side skirt torn off.

Don't want to go for bigger wheels, already it has 16inch, will go for Chrome painting the alloy.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 11:55   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Reason for Side skirts restricting me.
1. Cost - comes around 30k for 4 sides.
2. GC is going to be affected, saw one of the swift side skirt torn off.

Don't want to go for bigger wheels, already it has 16inch, will go for Chrome painting the alloy.
dont paint your alloys chrome. it will look horrible on a copper car. the sx4 has 195mm of ground clearance. i dont think skirts are going to affect it.

and i agree that stripes wont look good on an sx4 without skirts.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 14:24   #6
BHPian
 
Venkatesh.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Hey cool. How about some low profile tyres and Red UC lighting, Body coloured front Grills.
Will give your car a mean look.

I saw a Swift on Chennai roads (on Adyar Bridge) fully rally colours. It had a base white colour with all kinds of ad splashing like a propah rally car. It looked cool. Just had a fleeting glance though
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 14:33   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

SX4 looks horrible with skirts IMO, why not reduce the GC to 170mm levels, will make it handle, brake and stability better.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 15:45   #8
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Hey cool. How about some low profile tyres and Red UC lighting, Body coloured front Grills.
Will give your car a mean look.

I saw a Swift on Chennai roads (on Adyar Bridge) fully rally colours. It had a base white colour with all kinds of ad splashing like a propah rally car. It looked cool. Just had a fleeting glance though
Low profile tyres are going to affect ride comfort. With the existing tyres I am able to get superior handling during sudden turns and cornering. I had fixed red underglow neon but it went within a week, so left that one. Either I will go for LEDs or strobe lights.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 16:06   #9
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dont paint your alloys chrome. it will look horrible on a copper car. the sx4 has 195mm of ground clearance. i dont think skirts are going to affect it.

and i agree that stripes wont look good on an sx4 without skirts.
Doesn't chrome looks good on this.

Original


Chrome wheels replaced
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 08:21   #10
BHPian
 
sathya_nars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 642
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Please don't reduce GC or tyre size, you aren't doing justice for SX4 :-).

Chrome looks good.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 13:15   #11
BHPian
 
Venkatesh.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Gopi, you Photoshopped the car. You have neither changed the Rims nor have you put in sun-film. Both are PS jobs. Caught you
As for how a mean Sx4 should look.Check this out
Hey

More pics at
2006 Suzuki SX4 WRC Photographs. High Resolution, Wallpapers, Destop Images.
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 14:59   #12
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Venkatesh,
These photos looks. One of the guy has done the same kind of stuff and it costed 20k for just the vinyls. The shop is Kalyani sticker shop, T. Nagar.

I have added the side skirts using PS. Looks good, but don't know how much MGA skirting costs.

gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:01   #13
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 688
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Gopi, you Photoshopped the car. You have neither changed the Rims nor have you put in sun-film. Both are PS jobs. Caught you Hey
He never said he did not photoshop it.. please check post #1 again
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:06   #14
BHPian
 
Venkatesh.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

I guess that must have been the Swift i saw. Looked very similar to the SX4 WRC edition in the pics here. You should do the same man. I wonder whether these will fade in our lovely Chennai heat!
I dont know about costs as i dont indulge in these things myself :(
Venkatesh.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:45   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

actually chrome looks decent.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transparent Vinyl Floor Mats Ram Modifications & Accessories 17 12th January 2010 16:23
Leather-vinyl seat cover for Ford Fiesta (1.6 ZXI P) kanchan Modifications & Accessories 2 4th April 2008 18:05
Esteem mods and graphics viky_s Modifications & Accessories 5 20th February 2008 23:31
Vinyl Designs Needed karthik247 Modifications & Accessories 2 22nd December 2007 09:58
Vinyl graphic on car. desi_wananchi Modifications & Accessories 2 6th October 2007 13:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks