Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 10:56   #256
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
hi,, i have a set of angel eyes for my civic,,i bought them in singapore as they were the only ones that was government approved ,unlike the ones u get in india,, these have built according to some set standard and quality,plus mine with white CFL for the angel eyes. They are really good,,and best when used with HID bulbs,
For cost cutting u can go this arrangement:
Use HID for high beam only, and use phillips bulb with same color temperature for low beam.
They both look the same and saves you atleast 8000 rupees
actually you should be using hids for low beam and halogens for high beam because most of the time you will driving on low beams.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 11:40   #257
BHPian
 
nc1bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Panjim
Posts: 166
Thanked: 15 Times
Default HID on high beam

The problem is that the reflector for high beam is very small,,therefore the halogens dont give that spread and throw, the beam range is limited and during night driving it causes strain and lower visibility. Normaly people suggest HID for low beam,because for city driving its suitable,,but from my experience during high speeds at night , the further u can see , the better it is,therfore i suggested HID for high beam
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
actually you should be using hids for low beam and halogens for high beam because most of the time you will driving on low beams.
nc1bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 14:19   #258
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,638
Thanked: 6,049 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
The problem is that the reflector for high beam is very small,,therefore the halogens dont give that spread and throw, the beam range is limited and during night driving it causes strain and lower visibility. Normaly people suggest HID for low beam,because for city driving its suitable,,but from my experience during high speeds at night , the further u can see , the better it is,therfore i suggested HID for high beam
well AFAIK there is a projector for low beam which is best suited to HIDs. they will be much more focused over there and you probably wont need to use high beam.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 17:40   #259
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 641
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Hi,
was on my way to office, when I stopped by a HP station to fill in fuel. Guess what I see! This car belongs to the owner of the fuel station. IMO One of the best looking civic's in B'lore.. The Mugen kit is awesome.

This guy also had a black colored City! dunno where that is now!

Apologies for the poor quality of the pic, took it from my phone!

Cheers,
Shrey
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-image113.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-image114.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-image115.jpg  

ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 17:45   #260
R.G
BHPian
 
R.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Great mods on that civic. Like the alloys too..
R.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 17:51   #261
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Looks great. I remember seeing this civic in someother thread in teambhp. May be in the thread on VIP numbers!
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 11:46   #262
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad
The problem is that the reflector for high beam is very small,,therefore the halogens dont give that spread and throw, the beam range is limited and during night driving it causes strain and lower visibility. Normaly people suggest HID for low beam,because for city driving its suitable,,but from my experience during high speeds at night , the further u can see , the better it is,therfore i suggested HID for high beam
You should not use HID on high beam, as high beam does not have a cut off and it will give a very bad glare to oncoming traffic, which might even lead to fatal accidents.

Also unless you are going with 4000k (yellow) HID, without projector diffusion will be too much in HID and your visible range may be even shorter than the regular halogen bulb. (near will be too bright and far will be too dark).

Further regular HID bulbs take time to warm up (4-5 secs) so you cannot use them (in high beam) for flashing. HID's take a huge amount of energy to create the electric arc initially, they are not designed for frequent on-offs (and flashing) - this will kill the bulb before time and may also impact your electrical system.

Go for HIDs on low beam and high power halogens on high beam if required.
BTW IMO there is no issue with high beam spread...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 00:34   #263
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi,
was on my way to office, when I stopped by a HP station to fill in fuel. Guess what I see! This car belongs to the owner of the fuel station. IMO One of the best looking civic's in B'lore.. The Mugen kit is awesome.

...........

Cheers,
Shrey
Here is the Red civic prior to paint job. IMO Better in white.

Modded Honda Civics-whilte-civic.jpg
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 01:13   #264
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,526
Thanked: 5,921 Times
Default

Here's a modded Civic with Angel eyes from Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-p3060098.jpg  

moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 04:13   #265
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 714
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I have to take back my words for saying that i did not like her. She looks killer in red n black combo.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 13:17   #266
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,612
Thanked: 8,422 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Karan,

Are you taking part in the Speed Run. If yes good time to prove what you say. Will be driving a Civic in your category, lets see who is faster

Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I guess a lot depends on whose driving it, how it is launched and the state of tune of the (stock) car. Otherwise they are too close to give a clear verdict eitherways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Disregarding the engine specs, Civic has a better aerodynamic design which definitely aid in high speed run. SOHC? From what I know, only NHC has SOHC engines.

Well , let the timings do the talking now ...
The fastest Civic , which was Vipers Civic did a 18.144
The corollas (both my friend Paras' & Divens) did 17.444 & 17.776.
(the mods in the corolla included Stage 1 + port polish in divens - which did 16.5xx(without adding up the RT) car which was faster than paras' though paras was running on the same Stage 1 + port polish + light weight cams (his car looses out < 4.5k rpm , that may be the reason for him clocking 16.7xx(without adding up the RT) but Paras came 2nd and diven 3rd because of his better RT , and 1st was an Accent Viva (1.6 tuned by game over , my another friend Gauravs) wooh that war really kicks in @ > 3rd gear , nevertheless it was an arguement of Corolla v/s Civic.

The timings qouted are from refrence to the results of the speed run (Indian cars - pg. 2 , 3)

AUTOCAR INDIA Speed Run 2008 Mumbai are March 1st -2nd

Last edited by karan561 : 14th March 2008 at 13:23.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 13:25   #267
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Well , let the timings do the talking now ...
The fastest Civic , which was Vipers Civic did a 18.144
The corollas (both my friend Paras' & Divens) did 17.444 & 17.776.
(the mods in the corolla included Stage 1 + port polish in divens - which did 16.5xx(without adding up the RT) car which was faster than paras' though paras was running on the same Stage 1 + port polish + light weight cams (his car looses out < 4.5k rpm , that may be the reason for him clocking 16.7xx(without adding up the RT) but Paras came 2nd and diven 3rs because of his better RT , and 1st was an Accent Viva (1.6 tuned by game over , my another friend Gauravs) wooh that war really kicks in @ > 3rd gear , nevertheless it was an arguement of Corolla v/s Civic.

The timings qouted are from refrence to the results of the speed run (Indian cars - pg. 2 , 3)

AUTOCAR INDIA Speed Run 2008 Mumbai are March 1st -2nd

Karan,

You gotta compare apples to apples.

The Civic had only a exhaust and replacement K&N filter. compared to both the Toyota's which had Stage 2 Mods. If you still think after all those mods and a diff of about .500 secs the Corolla is faster I rest my case.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 18:12   #268
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Karan,

You gotta compare apples to apples.

The Civic had only a exhaust and replacement K&N filter. compared to both the Toyota's which had Stage 2 Mods. If you still think after all those mods and a diff of about .500 secs the Corolla is faster I rest my case.

Viper
Even the spare wheel wasn't removed . Case rested!
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 18:50   #269
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Karan,

You gotta compare apples to apples.

The Civic had only a exhaust and replacement K&N filter. compared to both the Toyota's which had Stage 2 Mods. If you still think after all those mods and a diff of about .500 secs the Corolla is faster I rest my case.

Viper
hey viper,

last year @ speed run 2007, paras' corolla had only a K&N air filter and a cat back exhaust and it managed to do a 16.8xx...should i rest my case now??
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 18:57   #270
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14,858
Thanked: 2,395 Times
Default

Guys lets just stick to Modded Civics & leave the Speedrun for other threads

@Vikram: Lol
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it possible to install a Civics engine on a Baleno? Baleno4397 Modifications & Accessories 11 31st August 2009 10:09
Honda Recalls 182,756 Civics Over Wheel-Bearing Leak Ashutosh The International Automotive Scene 11 18th September 2007 11:16
Visit to Honda Dealer - New CRV Driven, a Few Crashed Civics Seen roovee Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 9th April 2007 22:59
Pics: Honda Civic (modded) Gordon Super-Cars & Imports in India 51 11th March 2007 21:14
Modded Honda City(old V) artofzen Modifications & Accessories 6 13th January 2005 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks