Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 11:34   #811
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

I am surprised, not a dealer in Bangalore has Mugen style window visor!!!
It's probably easier and more comfortable to buy things of ebay now days...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 12:40   #812
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,701
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Where can I get a lip spoiler like this one in Bangalore...?
Very recently I was discussing abt the same in the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2341176

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Even I am frantically searching for a Lip Spoiler for my Civic. Can anyone help me out in getting one? I am also planning the following for my bluish silver Civic?
Still I'm not able to source the same for CIVIC, but easily available for other cars(Like DZire, n SX4) in JC Road Bangalore.
So will be getting from Delhi I feel.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2345043
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
3. Paint the stock alloys matt-black (Will it look good on a Bluish Silver Civic?)
4. Smoke the headlights and taillights
While I am at it, I constantly get bogged down by so many friends and relatives asking me not to spoil the classy and stunning design of the stock car. I am in a fix and not able to decide whether to go for the points 1, 3 & 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
Arvi, I also do prefer stock / minimalistic look on the car, but if you want to do it, go ahead and do it. Each one to his own taste...
Yes each has his own taste.
I agree with "so many of your friends and relatives of your's" too.
Smoked headlights n matte black alloys will not look good on a bluish Silver Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I am also looking for mugen style window visor. Any pointers on where to get them in Bangalore and for how much?
I don't have idea on the pricing part, just give a try in JC Road , you should be able to source them.

Recently I got my car fitted with Side step garnish with Lights from JC Road shop(don't know the shop name), many shops did have them(Cars shringar, car n style, but price quoted was high).
Got them fitted for 2200Rs including fitting.

Last edited by sushrutha : 1st June 2011 at 12:42.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 12:44   #813
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 558 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

As I said, I was planning for a few accesssories for my Civic. I just got the following quotes from an authorised Honda dealer in Chennai.

1. USB/Aux Port - The dealer said its not possible to fit in older Civics
2. 3M Sun Film CR70(Front Windsheild)-8800, RE35(Sides & Rear)-7400
3. Rear Boot Spoiler - 23400; Lip Spoiler - Not available in India for Civic
4. Leather Seats & Door Trim - 38000
After hearing the above, I was like .
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 18:35   #814
BHPian
 
patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
As I said, I was planning for a few accesssories for my Civic. I just got the following quotes from an authorised Honda dealer in Chennai.

1. USB/Aux Port - The dealer said its not possible to fit in older Civics
2. 3M Sun Film CR70(Front Windsheild)-8800, RE35(Sides & Rear)-7400
3. Rear Boot Spoiler - 23400; Lip Spoiler - Not available in India for Civic
4. Leather Seats & Door Trim - 38000
After hearing the above, I was like .
Why not order some of the stuff from Civic 2007-9 (FD) -

Will work out cheaper.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 19:38   #815
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Ah, you are at the wrong place!
Why on earth would you go to the dealer for all these accessories?

Get 3M film from outside from an authorized 3M dealer.
Leather seats from Stanley leather.

Sushrutha, I checked up everywhere, Mugen style window visor is not available in Bangalore, seems to be out of stock everywhere.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 20:00   #816
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Why not order some of the stuff from Civic 2007-9 (FD) -

Will work out cheaper.
Any experiences on buying from here?
How does Shipping and customs work out? I guess shipping will be huge for spoiler or bumper kind of items...

Last edited by ST7677 : 1st June 2011 at 20:11.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 20:45   #817
BHPian
 
patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Any experiences on buying from here?
How does Shipping and customs work out? I guess shipping will be huge for spoiler or bumper kind of items...
I don't have any experience on buying here but there are people on the same thread who have dealt with them and seem happy. Search for rstyle.

With regards to the order process, just login and add what you want to the cart and leave it. You will get an invoice with the shipping costs in a day or 2. Then you pay with paypal.

I have the following to be ordered and here is the invoice I got is:
Attached Images
 
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 21:05   #818
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 558 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Why not order some of the stuff from Civic 2007-9 (FD) -

Will work out cheaper.
Many thanks for the link patron. I will browse and see what suits my taste there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Ah, you are at the wrong place!
Why on earth would you go to the dealer for all these accessories?
No, I wasn't trying to fix them with the dealer. I just checked the prices to compare how it stacks up with the outside world.
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:46   #819
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Thanjavur > Coimbatore > Hyderabad
Posts: 37
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Guys

With my recent purchase of pre-worshiped Civic, I am drooling already at the wicked beauty. Still I want to complete the shape with a Type R spoiler. I am a kind of guy who believes in form following function. So I just need a clarification from you guys whether the speed characteristics improve with track bred Type R spoiler nor its just a dead weight bolted on to the boot. My worst fear is the replicas spoiling the comfortable high speed cruises.

Also what would be the pricing of the same. If anyone could suggest, please let me know some good aftermarket dealer in Hyderabad. Very difficult to find one.
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 13:46   #820
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
1. USB/Aux Port - The dealer said its not possible to fit in older Civics
Not sure if the point 1 has been answered or you have found a solution.

Aux-in can be installed in your 07 Civic. The Aux-in port can be accessed from the back side of the HU. One needs to open the dash. It has been done as a DIY by fellow BHPian @Hiren.Mistry and there are some posts on the DIY by @ImmortalZ. I am also planning to do this soon.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 07:29   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 558 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Not sure if the point 1 has been answered or you have found a solution.

Aux-in can be installed in your 07 Civic. The Aux-in port can be accessed from the back side of the HU. One needs to open the dash. It has been done as a DIY by fellow BHPian @Hiren.Mistry and there are some posts on the DIY by @ImmortalZ. I am also planning to do this soon.
That's great news dot. I have somehow missed the DIY by ImmortalZ and will try to check them up. I badly need a Aux-in as its too painful to copy music CDs and have it in stock. The SA at the dealership said its better not to touch Hondas as the company does not recommend opening whats coming in from the factory. I was surprised by what he said but then left it at that.
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 09:19   #822
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The SA at the dealership said its better not to touch Hondas as the company does not recommend opening whats coming in from the factory. I was surprised by what he said but then left it at that.
Probably an OT on this thread; thanks to @mdsaab, we found a local guy who gets problem HUs from Honda and repairs them. Last time we visited this person, he showed me two Civic HUs which had jammed carousel. Both were sent to him by the Honda A.S.S. He can install the Aux-in cable also. Even though it is a DIY, I am planning to spend 30 minutes with him and get it done. In case this happens soon, will post some pictures.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 11:50   #823
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,701
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
I want to complete the shape with a Type R spoiler. I am a kind of guy who believes in form following function. So I just need a clarification from you guys whether the speed characteristics improve with track bred Type R spoiler nor its just a dead weight bolted on to the boot. My worst fear is the replicas spoiling the comfortable high speed cruises.
Spoilers handling capability come into work when the car is in very high speed(around 180kmph+), at this speed, downforce is created through the spoiler(very well designed one).
If you want the spoliers just for the look then put it. Else it would be just a dead weight on the boot ( If you don't drive in excess of 180kmph, it doesn't server the purpose)
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 12:49   #824
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
As I said, I was planning for a few accesssories for my Civic. I just got the following quotes from an authorised Honda dealer in Chennai.

1. USB/Aux Port - The dealer said its not possible to fit in older Civics
2. 3M Sun Film CR70(Front Windsheild)-8800, RE35(Sides & Rear)-7400
3. Rear Boot Spoiler - 23400; Lip Spoiler - Not available in India for Civic
4. Leather Seats & Door Trim - 38000
After hearing the above, I was like .
The price quoted by the dealer for the sun film is for sure a rip-off. I spent 6.5K for the CR70 (front windshield) and 5.3K for RE35 (for the sides and rear). Also, when I checked last month, the price quoted for the spoiler was 20K (including painting). Which dealer is this by the way ? If you need any help, please PM me.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 15:01   #825
BHPian
 
autofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Thanjavur > Coimbatore > Hyderabad
Posts: 37
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Spoilers handling capability come into work when the car is in very high speed(around 180kmph+), at this speed, downforce is created through the spoiler(very well designed one).
If you want the spoliers just for the look then put it. Else it would be just a dead weight on the boot ( If you don't drive in excess of 180kmph, it doesn't server the purpose)
Thanks for the inputs. Plonking in for Mugen RR replica.
autofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it possible to install a Civics engine on a Baleno? Baleno4397 Modifications & Accessories 11 31st August 2009 10:09
Honda Recalls 182,756 Civics Over Wheel-Bearing Leak Ashutosh The International Automotive Scene 11 18th September 2007 11:16
Visit to Honda Dealer - New CRV Driven, a Few Crashed Civics Seen roovee Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 9th April 2007 22:59
Pics: Honda Civic (modded) Gordon Super-Cars & Imports in India 51 11th March 2007 21:14
Modded Honda City(old V) artofzen Modifications & Accessories 6 13th January 2005 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks