Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th October 2007, 17:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Accents which were sold after mid 2006 have beige interiors and not greyish black ones.
Ok, agreed but when did i talk about Accent interiors.
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 18:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Is it true that dark colored dashboard doesn't reflect while a light colored dashboard reflect?
I had the same understanding. But somebody on this forum suggested the reflection is due to shine of the dashboard and nothing to do with color. So avoid waxing of dash.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 18:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have had this issue before and was discussed on some thread earlier. Only solution, avoid polishing your dashboard. It will fade over time.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 20:26   #19

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i second SAM here, using Polaroid sunglasses is the best way to deal with it.

they are amazing and available at Shoppers Stop.

go get one fast and injoy
why polaroid alone? no rayban or any other brand?
gmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 19:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Are matt finishes available for the dash board?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 20:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Simple solution is to use a matt black cloth on top on your dashboard, close to the demist area. Black absorbs light and does not allow the reflection to occur.

Our c-tbhpian "Bottle" has done it and i learnt it from him.

Alternative is to get used to the reflection

Also, it happens only at a certain angle and playing around with your seating position helps avoid the same.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 20:44   #22

I found that the problem has somewhat reduced after I installed VKool sun film on my front wind shield. Else, the only way to cut the glare and reflection is to use shades.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 20:52   #23

and films will increase the reflection intensity.

what can be done to avoid this:
- use no films on front windscreen (sorry i do use one.)

I'm planning to get an i10. The biege interiors cause a lot of reflection on the windscreen. I have the same issue with my Getz, but not as acute as I would on i10. For Getz, i use a polarised sun glass. But since the i10 would be used by my family members (esp 60 yr old dad), would clear sun control films like V-Kook 70 or Llumar AIR75 help? or would they aggrevate the situation? one member in this forum uses V-Kool on windshield and says the result is satisfactory. can you pls address this issue in the context of biege interiors (which would be relevant to my query regarding the i10).

naveenmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have an Aveo with a dual tone dashboard (beige on top, black below) and it is very irritating due to the reflection in bright sunlight. I HAVE got used to it somewhat now.

Another dangerous result is driving on roads shaded by trees. The intermittent shade/sunlight is downright dangerous as one can end up not seeing road obstacles/other vehicles etc. This is even more pronounced on highways etc.
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 01:20   #25

i am suffering from the same problem in my verna. The dashboard shines like anything at certain angles of sunlight. Best possible way to avoid this is to wear good quality sunglass. Or maybe a dark film on the windscreen. lol
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 23:04   #26

I was really annoyed by this problem in my i10 Asta. Last week my wife gifted me Fossil Polarised Sun Glass which she purchased from US ( USD 50 ). I was really delighted to see the result. It completely cuts of the glare/reftection -100%
krish-iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 11:24   #27
Default Re: Dashboard reflection on windscreen

Of late I have been experiencing the issue of dashboard reflection in my 2 year old Getz prime. This problem was not present earlier, so I wonder why it is showing up of late. I have not put any sun film on the windshield.

I was searching t-bhp for solutions and came across this thread. Has anyone found any solution other than using polaroid glasses? If there is no other working solution, since I already wear glasses, can anyone suggest which is the best brand of clip-on sunglass that I can use?

Last edited by mohan41 : 13th February 2011 at 11:28. Reason: update with some more info about the issue
mohan41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:39   #28
Post Re: Dashboard reflection on windscreen

I have a similar problem on my Fiat Palio Stile. It has a dark tone on the top facing the windscreen. I tend to notice it more when I get my dashboard cleaned. Polaroid sounds like a good idea, I will try it.
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 13:11   #29

I have had the same problem in my Baleno. Earlier i tried a dull finish dashboard polish which hardly made any difference. Then I put a black coloured cloth on the dashboard which made a lot of difference to the visibility but dust, folds and creases were still a problem and were visible in the reflection. Though the reflection was minimized but its was not completely eliminated.

Finally after going through this thread I got my self a pair of Fast Track Poloroid Sunglasses (Thanks Sam Kapasi for the advise) and viola the reflections are gone. This thing works wonders and its good for your eyes too

Last edited by Turboholic : 13th February 2011 at 13:13. Reason: Fast Track Poloroid Sunglasses
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 13:27   #30

I too have a pair of Fast Track polarised sunglasses and it helps ward of the reflection from the windshield completely.

One thing I noticed though was, when I look at the windshields of cars through my Rear View mirror or through the ORVMs, they seem to be multicolured. Something like when you look at a large soap bubble in the sunlight...you see the entire spectrum of colours on it.

I never felt this when using a regular sunglasses.

Has anyone else using a polarised sunglasses felt this and is this normal for a polarised pair of glasses?

Edit: Oh and another thing that polarised sunglasses eliminate is the shadows of over head tree branches when you drive fast on a tree lined road. Without polarised glasses, the shadows of these overhead branches/leaves/foliage can be very distracting as they rush over your car's windshield.

Last edited by Kairalee : 13th February 2011 at 13:34.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote