Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2007, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
u will not do justice to cleaning with miniature vacuum cleaners (dc or ac), cc makes sense, go for a regular home vacuum if u can.
Hey man, I totally agree with you on the fact that nothing beats a regular home VC, but the portable one comes real handy when you have to clean stuff ad hoc. Maybe it ain't of much use if you drive only in the city, but proves quite useful on road trips. Just a matter of personal choice I guess!
Old 17th October 2007, 11:51   #17
BHPian

I saw an online post on ebay.co.in for car vaccum cleaner in the range of 250 to 700 rs.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

It sucks big time! I bought one and found it does not have enough suction power. Only sucks up cotton, but not dirt on the carpet.
Was about to throw it off, but my BIL wacked it from me---God help him.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:15   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Was about to throw it off, but my BIL wacked it from me---God help him.
Hehe, If i remember right, Esteem_Lover on the forum was ready to donate his to someone for free, dont know if the offer is still on.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
@anupamsinha: I would beg to differ from that! I have been using a Black & Decker car vacuum cleaner for sometime now and find it very useful.......
I have a black and decker too and its very convenient for me to clean the car in a jiffy. Takes just a few mins and the car is pretty clean after the job. I only wish i could get the attachments for the car-vac. Like mentioned earlier by LOG, dont buy cheap ones. My B&D car-vac is almost 10 yrs with no issues till date *touchwood*. Get a reputed brand and you wouldnt regret it. Remember, quality comes at a price.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:20   #21
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Hi,

From where did you purchased that?I am unable to find out from their website (India is not in the counry list).I don't know if I can get one in Pune.
I just use a home vaccuum cleaner. It's powerful. Those 12V toys don't get close. And can use suction or blower. Finally, you need it only once in a week or ten days, so just use your home vaccuum. If you live in an upper floor of a high-rise building, just park your car near an electrical outlet for vaccuuming.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
u will not do justice to cleaning with miniature vacuum cleaners (dc or ac), cc makes sense, go for a regular home vacuum if u can.
I use a Eureka Forbes Vaccum cleaner..the big one with wheels..Have installed a 15A plug to power the same in my dad's home garage..as i dont have access to one in the flat i live..

The portable ones are not worth it..I've burnt my fingers atleast thrice..three different manufacuteres...not worht it..

Ofcourse, there is the friendly neighbourhood MRF tyredrome at Chennai, where they do a good job in vaccum cleaning the interiors..the only trouble is in getting the appointment.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have a black and decker too and its very convenient for me to clean the car in a jiffy. Takes just a few mins and the car is pretty clean after the job. I only wish i could get the attachments for the car-vac. Like mentioned earlier by LOG, dont buy cheap ones. My B&D car-vac is almost 10 yrs with no issues till date *touchwood*. Get a reputed brand and you wouldnt regret it. Remember, quality comes at a price.
Well Aditya..could i borrow it??
Closed Thread