Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2007, 20:50   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am no racer. I am just a guy whos bordering on enthusiast. I have never raced on track. I have never owned a very fast moded car.
But even I check small details like the wheel nuts, water in the radiator and windshield water reservoir, engine oil levels etc., regularly.
You did not even know that your lug nuts were worn out? If you want to have a car live long you got to treat it like a baby, and pay attention to every tiny whine or clang.
Except for electricals and belts its very rare for something to fail "poof". there is often ample warning.
I guess you need to pay more attention to your car. If you don't care for your car and just entrust it to someone else, this is what you get.
Its your car, better be responsible for it.
Me too an enthusiast... And I've very good realtions with my local garage guy ( not a big time tuner)... I trust even filling up the windshield fluid to him..

I do check .. once in a while.. whether he does everything as per the manual..

But i feel the main thing is trusting your garage guy...

and once that is lost.. you feel conned....

Does anybody over here.. after a bye pass heart surgery or something ,wake up in the middle of the operation and see whether the doc has really byepassed the block or is just giving bull...

the same way with your garage guy..

My symapathies with you Mclaren... nice to hear that your car is back
Old 1st November 2007, 21:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Does anybody over here.. after a bye pass heart surgery or something ,wake up in the middle of the operation and see whether the doc has really byepassed the block or is just giving bull...
. To make it more difficult, most mechanics are not comfortable with the client watching their work. It is not feasible to be in the workshop/ A.S.S throughout the day waiting for your turn and then monitor the work closely. What we can do is to do some checks. I compare a mechanic to a doctor and the trust matters a lot.
Old 1st November 2007, 22:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Rahul nice to know that you car is back and congratulations. All this while I have been keenly following this thread .

We all learn from our mistakes , don't we ? Some lessons are always learn't the hard way and I too have gone thru it modifying my bike during my college days.

Your thread sure will be an eye-opener for novices like me when it comes to spending on performance.

I completely agree with what shan2nu said..
Quote:
Actually reliability isn't a big issue if the tuner/tunee knows where to stop. I've seen modifed versions of my car (OHC Vtec), capable of leaving me in the dust......and still being as reliable as the stock one i drive.

@Mclaren - I'm no tuner but i'l tell you this. Don't go in for a large number of mods at once. Take it one step at a time, see how the car is performing and you will definately end up with a really quick and reliable car.
I think its time you move on, since your car is back and re-live that dream of yours with the car..

Am sure with all the advise here and what you have learned from this very place you know where you gotto draw the line.

All the very best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
.. Jomy boy the US trip seems to be having effects now.
Old 1st November 2007, 22:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It's beautiful to see one of India's fastest Vtecs on TBHP. It's even more beautiful to see the owner doesn't venture opinions needlessly, and does his talking on the dragstrip (big respect to him!) but the Vtec fan club (some of whom don't even own or drive a Vtec) have to poke their nose in everywhere.
This thread is real fun.
This thread is for Mclaren's baleno, why u bringing Honda Vtecs into this ?
Old 1st November 2007, 23:25   #125
Team-BHP Support

Since all is done and cannot be changed, the two sides should, for the purposes of civility, meet in the presence of the Bangalore moderators Ajmat and Rudra - who will serve as impassionate facilitators, and air their respective points-of-view across the table. After this meeting - irrespective of the outcome, all posts in this thread not directly related to the downsides of modification should be deleted and the thread closed. That will ensure that this thread still serves as a reference for its topic while no further opportunity is present for any personal/misinformed content.
Old 1st November 2007, 23:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
All posts in this thread not directly related to the downsides of modification should be deleted. That will ensure that this thread still serves as a reference for its topic while no further opportunity is present for any personal/misinformed content.
.. This thread should serve as a reference for first timers who want to modify their car.

After being cleaned up, it should be moved to the Team-BHP Advice section and should include general do's and don'ts about first time car modifications rather than blaming someone publically!

Personally, I'd like to hear out one's experiences (good or bad), but wouldn't like to watch someone play the blame game!
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:05   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Since all is done and cannot be changed, the two sides should, for the purposes of civility, meet in the presence of the Bangalore moderators Ajmat and Rudra - who will serve as impassionate facilitators, and air their respective points-of-view across the table. After this meeting - irrespective of the outcome, all posts in this thread not directly related to the downsides of modification should be deleted and the thread closed. That will ensure that this thread still serves as a reference for its topic while no further opportunity is present for any personal/misinformed content.
well said and said like a high court judge.. Are you a practicing judge by any way?? ( kidding ).. We have enough practicing lawyers here i suppose!!
I think lots have been said and this thread is moving from education on mis-modding to mudslinging.. Before the sanctity of this forum gets diluted we better leave it here and move on..
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:22   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since all is done and cannot be changed, the two sides should, for the purposes of civility, meet in the presence of the Bangalore moderators Ajmat and Rudra - who will serve as impassionate facilitators, and air their respective points-of-view across the table.
Makes sense. If not a tuner/tunee relationship, they can atleast continue being good friends.

S##t happens!!! Just let it go.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:50   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Mclaren @ Instead of posting all these details in public view ... why don't you call him up and go sort it out
I dont think mclaren/psycho are in a position to do that. after all the water that's flown under this bridge. still why make an ugly scene in public.

in my view
There are two sides to a story and both parties are equally to blame.

"Washing dirty laundry in public" has no place here espcially since this cannot be resolved on line and there is no intention to resolve this offline.

This thread needs to be closed. Mclaren with all due respect
a) this thread is going no where.
b) you made your point what do you hope to resolve/prove?
c) what's done is done, why not move on. you got a car that you are happy with, treat the rest (time, money and energy spent) as the "cost of education".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
.. This thread should serve as a reference for first timers who want to modify their car.
Quote:
Since all is done and cannot be changed, the two sides should, for the purposes of civility, meet in the presence of the Bangalore moderators Ajmat and Rudra.
Ajmat, on one of his posts put a very detailed list of "rules" any tunee and tuner should observe/follow. Both Ajmat and Rudra are busy people, i dont thikn we need to waste their time on trying to resovle this off line as clearly there is no intention from either of the affected parties to do so.

This thread is closed. If anyone has something constructive to add PM one of the mods to have it opened.

Last edited by navin : 2nd November 2007 at 09:51.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread