Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th August 2009, 01:41   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@faithless Oye nice even i have crosslink on my car, its very reliable and has good service. The remote looks nice
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:29   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Xenos is what I recommend, have had it for 5 years, the support from them is quite good, the product is reliable, and lifetime warranty beats the whole thing.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 15:03   #18
BHPian

I got Nippon for my Swift since the very first day, which is OE for Maruti. It's without shock sensors, with stereo protection. Maruti sells for 5.5K with shock sensors, but I got it for 2.5K from my accessories dealer.
No issues at all for last 2 years, plus it doesn't have the reverse alarm nuisance!
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 16:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I believe if one wants quality, good functions and value for money I personally suggest the Xenos Firewall 350 which is the top-of-the-line version. It has the security alarm, engine immobilizer and a 3 mode shock sensor. Ive used it in my Maruti 800 in 2004 and then had it shifted to my Swift in 2005. It has never given me a single issue till date. There is also an option to add in the automatic window roll for an additional 2k or so.

Purchased the system for 5.5k and it comes with a waterproof remote and lifetime warranty. I believe that's absolute safety for your car and value for money.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 14:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Ok guys need to get a security system installed in my NHC ,budget is around 4k.
Just need a simple setup.
Heard some good things about Minda.
Anybody has any experience with it ?
I have been using a Minda remote locking system on my car for the past 4+ years.
No problems till now!

Do not have any experience with Autocop/Xenos. Not too fond of the sensor/alarm on my sister's Swift (Will check what brand that one is)
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 15:14   #21
oss
BHPian

I have been using xenos in my Swift for 3 yrs now and never faced any problem.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 16:43   #22
BANNED

i am using minda on my indica, and its working perfectly fine till now, also services for it is superb.Its waterproof remote with lifetime warranty.Also option was Xenos but i liked minda more to this, both are good products.
Attached Thumbnails
Autocops or Xenos or Minda ?-minda-key.jpg  

Autocops or Xenos or Minda ?-minda-remote.jpg  

vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 18:25   #23
BHPian

Guys.. Any idea on who is a good dealer in Bangalore for installing central locking?
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 18:40   #24

Hi Guys
I see a lot of you are confused about the central locking system for Fiat Punto - Active
If any one of you are interested in fitting a central locking system as an after market fitment please get in touch with Nayaaz. His phone number is 9880075617. He has done a great job on my Fiat Punto car. After having gone to many accessories dealers in JC Road area, I finally came across this man who was recommended by sheer luck. Its an AutoCop system which he installed on my car. He will do it for you at your doorstep, which is a great favour & the best part is he gives you service backup too
tuskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 19:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if it happened to me and 2 of my friends but it was a fact. Our cars had been fitted with Xenos. Initial one month nothing happened and everything was fine. Suddenly it started to act weirdly. Whenever it used to rain and if the car is outside then it used to start beeping and unlock. Even when driving without the rains this used to happen. Every time the Xenos service guys used to check and say everything is fine and leave. Again the next day it is the same story. Finally they changed the PCB itself and the fuse. Then also it didn't work. Finally called up the dealer and changed to Autocop Guardian. Now even if it rains or water falls on it nothing happens.

The Xenos issues had happened to all our cars fitted by the same Xenos Dealer. May be the dealer is doing something wrong or our cars might be Jinxed with Xenos
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 20:04   #26
BHPian

I have been using Minda Remote lock system in my baleno for the past 4.5 years and till date, I have not had any problems.
schugun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 13:23   #27
BHPian

I have purchased Autocop 8500 with shock sensor for my Alto LXI on 27/11/10 which comes with engine immobilizer, shock sensor, stereo protection and the regular central locking and alarm system. It costs me Rs.4200/= inclusive everything.
tasuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 07:11   #28
BHPian

I have Piranha DX on my Zen. I haven't had any issue with it so far. But when it rains heavily i have noticed that it beeps every few minutes. It doesn't get unlocked or anything but the beeps continue as long as it is raining heavily. Is this normal? The security in my apartment block always complains that he cannot sleep because of this.
nithin_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 11:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
The security in my apartment block always complains that he cannot sleep because of this.

Commendable performance. Your car security system actually keeps your house safe too!
jerry can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 23:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post

Commendable performance. Your car security system actually keeps your house safe too!
I never thought of it that way. I have to say that is indeed an interesting way to put it.
nithin_86 is offline   Reply With Quote