Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 13:44   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) Get rid of the entire content (filters) of the old CAT Converter that you would have. (Would affect the PUC test but who really checks?) Have done this and the engine now really sings. - This had a major impact for me.
How does the Exhaust sound now ? and what are other long/short term effects ?

Please clarify
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:30   #32
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

omkar
**The crde is a computer controlled engine and is very difficult to tune. Plus if you have computer problem, it will be expensive to repair. Keep in mind the only point of crde is emission control.
I have a 2.6 turbo (non-crde) and like it much better. Totally tuneable for extra power. No computer keeps it simple. Put in a bigger intercooler, raise the boost pressure, increase fuel flow, and you will make crde Scorpios eat your dust.


If at all i go in for a crde, I might be tempted to use a MM CRDe engine(Bosch Injection) but would rather stay away from TATA(Delphi)**
just because you have overheard somewhere someone talking about bigger intercoolers,(higher boost),more fuel in engine.u think its gonna be a cake walk.

Just Try!!its going to be real good when u fry your valves.

atleast a lappy tells whts bloddy wrong with the damn thing with an ecu or even simpler the consol lights give a hint as to what might be bugging the motor.
dustom_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:39   #33
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: haridwar
Posts: 588
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

and which monkey on planet venus suggested you that whole point of CRDE is emmission control.
its about whole lot of more power from same engine while sipping less fuel with lesser emmissions plus lighter engines plus lesser vibrations plus better throttle response plus better part life plus a whole lot of small things called vfm,bhp/ton..ohh ****..who m i xplaing to@
dustom_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 13:12   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,152
Thanked: 2,457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
and which monkey on planet venus suggested you that whole point of CRDE is emmission control.
its about whole lot of more power from same engine while sipping less fuel with lesser emmissions plus lighter engines plus lesser vibrations plus better throttle response plus better part life plus a whole lot of small things called vfm,bhp/ton..ohh ****..who m i xplaing to@
Agree totally, CRDe aims not just at emmission control but also at significant savings in fuel effeciency. More power from smaller engines. We can see this in the case of 2.2 Dicor vs the 3 ltr Dicor for the safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
How does the Exhaust sound now ? and what are other long/short term effects ?

Please clarify
Sound wonderfull, has a bit of a whine as the turbo whine is heard more pronounced. But there is a thill to it. It is not too much louder, long terms effects are not know, but i dont expect any. Any ways my Safari is at 150,000 kms and it is fine to experiment after 100,000 kms i guess.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 15:12   #35
BHPian
 
Omkar0044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
omkar
**The crde is a computer controlled engine and is very difficult to tune. Plus if you have computer problem, it will be expensive to repair. Keep in mind the only point of crde is emission control.
I have a 2.6 turbo (non-crde) and like it much better. Totally tuneable for extra power. No computer keeps it simple. Put in a bigger intercooler, raise the boost pressure, increase fuel flow, and you will make crde Scorpios eat your dust.

If at all i go in for a crde, I might be tempted to use a MM CRDe engine(Bosch Injection) but would rather stay away from TATA(Delphi)**
just because you have overheard somewhere someone talking about bigger intercoolers,(higher boost),more fuel in engine.u think its gonna be a cake walk.
I'm not expecting it to be a cake walk either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Just Try!!its going to be real good when u fry your valves.
If I succeed in squeezing more power outta the engine then a reduction in the life of the valves is OK with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
atleast a lappy tells whts bloddy wrong with the damn thing with an ecu or even simpler the consol lights give a hint as to what might be bugging the motor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
and which monkey on planet venus suggested you that whole point of CRDE is emmission control.
its about whole lot of more power from same engine while sipping less fuel with lesser emmissions plus lighter engines plus lesser vibrations plus better throttle response plus better part life plus a whole lot of small things called vfm,bhp/ton..ohh ****..who m i xplaing to@
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...omparison.html (Scorpio 2.6 T vs Scorpio 2.6 CRDe engine comparison)

The above link will take you to the page where I got the info.
And I'm inclined to try out what RedMM340 says because HE HAS DONE IT. Viewing his garage page will tell you that he knows what he's talking about. He might have only been trying to drive in the point that a non CRDe motor is much better from a hobbyist's point of view by saying CRDe is only for emission control.
I do agree and am aware of the fact that there are a whole lot of benefits from a CRDe setup (and that's why I paid a premium to go in for a CRDe scorpio) but I think that I might not find people to tinker with it except for the big guns like PETE's and PETE's costs quite a packet.
You might also know that PETE's also employs bigger turbos, injectors etc in addition to his "lappy" to squeeze performance outta CRDe engines.

And thanks for trying to explain it inspite of being aware of the futility of the endeavour.

Well, all this is going kinda off topic. I'm still awaiting some advice for a scorpio engined safari build
Omkar0044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life of Tata Safari TCIC engine Hemanth Technical Stuff 48 16th March 2010 04:57
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
TATA safari TCIC or the DICOR maheepgupta SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 24 12th September 2007 11:29
Indica TCIC vs. Indica DICOR hell_rider The Indian Car Scene 11 13th March 2007 21:22
Safari TCIC LX or Safari DICOR LX arindam SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 19 10th January 2007 17:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks