Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st September 2014, 19:51   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Roof box

I have a Thule Roof Top box, model Ocean 200 for my Ertiga. I had purchased it and used it extensively on my Opel Corsa Sail for several years and after I bought my Ertiga I moved the set up over to the Ertiga.

A picture is available at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-counting.html at pg 4.

Happy to give you any review or feedback on it.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Hi Ketan,
Did you install any roof boxes on the XUV.
I am also half minded in going for roof box on my XUV 500.

Thanks
Mathews
Thule and Tropicool were two options for roof box, tropicool being a decent quality with less than half the price of Thule was the option I was considering. The Tropicool guy from Pune asked me to do a bit of fabrication to mount on the XUV since they don't have the exact mount for the type of rails we have. I dropped the idea temporarily and then haven't thought about it or never really felt a strong desire to do so since then.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 21:55   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thule and Tropicool were two options for roof box, tropicool being a decent quality with less than half the price of Thule was the option I was considering. The Tropicool guy from Pune asked me to do a bit of fabrication to mount on the XUV since they don't have the exact mount for the type of rails we have. I dropped the idea temporarily and then haven't thought about it or never really felt a strong desire to do so since then.
So how much is Tropicool quoting for the covered box (breakup of installation and equipment charges) ? What capacity ?
tanwaranil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 11:17   #19
BHPian

I was contemplating for a roof box (Thule preferably) for My 2014 XUV500. Unfortunately the stock roof rail cannot hold any accessories for the roof box. How to modify the stock roof rail . Can any one throw some light in this aspect.
cosmopolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 19:29   #20
BHPian

Has anyone tried the roof box from Ajanta Enterprises? I am thinking of getting one for my Ecosport. Here is what they have to offer: http://www.ajantain.com/roof_box_-_cargo_box They have quoted a price of 15K all inclusive but wanted to see if anyone has any prior experience with their products, build quality, etc.
ashua is offline   Reply With Quote