Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th November 2007, 15:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

a nicer number plate would look sweet
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 15:19   #32

heya v-16.congrats..real hot looking swift you've got there..jignesh bhai does a real good job i know.how much did u get the ractive airfilter for? i too stay in bombay.some day il trouble you for a test drive and you're planning to dyno it? and why dint you get the ffe job done from viper ? bcoz the badge on the header reads auto mech..maybe im wrong.hehe .anyways..ripppp it nice.seeya
trashishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 08:56   #33
BHPian

Thats indeed a good start Gogi bhai. Red & Black combo looks awesome...!
Whats Next?
Main Chalaoon!!!

looks like Yokohama S-Drives are selling like Hot Cakes, every other car on forum with tyre upgrade can be seen with these.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 15:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
nice looking ride man esp the shoes although the red wouldnt be my choice but screw me !
..Err Thanks.. but No, Thanks!!
Serioulsy thank you Mate...errppsss... I mean friend, buddy, bro??....!!

Quote:
: hope you did an engine decarb with an oil flush proir to the mods
: how about putting your car on KS 's dyno?
at least post 0-100 times for us
Yes buddy I did but isnt recarbonizing a prerequisite before a port and polish job?
Yes i will put the car on a Dyno, looking for sponsors!!.
Actually waiting for the cam job.
Have to get a new clutch before I can post 0-100 timings, but i will be doing so soon.

Quote:
: ECU upgrades??
would go down very well with the stuff you have done especially once you get your cams man

: brake upgrades??
cheers mate
enjoy yourself
No ECU, suspension and brake upgrades as yet. All in the tube when the cam comes in, shortly

Quote:
PS: look for synthetic gear oil for your car [ows does make gl 4 rated stuff]
its {synthetic gear oil } supposed to really help in mod ed cars running synth engine oils
Yes. I do plan to do that. thanks for your tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Looks hot Gogi! Let us know how much of a difference the mods made to the performance.
Is the exhaust note louder than on Phoenix, or softer?
Its softer than the phoenix Razor but even this bugs me. I will do something about it in a few days. I dont like attracting attention through the car....My looks are enough for that ....
I will get it quietened or changed. Lets see in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashishh View Post
heya v-16.congrats..real hot looking swift you've got there..jignesh bhai does a real good job i know.
Thanks and yes im sure he does. You have seen his own car and the side winder, amongst other things. Jiggy has been a true friend. He has throughout helped me source out stuff whenever i needed anything for this job and has been available to help out always.

Quote:
How much did u get the ractive airfilter for?
Havn't paid for it as yet boss.

Quote:
i too stay in bombay.some day il trouble you for a test drive
sure thing

Quote:
and you're planning to dyno it?
yup, after the cam is fitted

Quote:
and why dint you get the ffe job done from viper ? bcoz the badge on the header reads auto mech..maybe im wrong.hehe .anyways..ripppp it nice.seeya
No You're not wrong, Viper would have charged me money, I got it done for free....
Seriously, the job is done from Automech because i get all my exhaust job done from them since ages but i know that Viper's exhaust guy is brilliant. I can vouch for that seeing the jobs on his Vtech and the Sidewinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Thats indeed a good start Gogi bhai. Red & Black combo looks awesome...!
Whats Next?
Main Chalaoon!!!

looks like Yokohama S-Drives are selling like Hot Cakes, every other car on forum with tyre upgrade can be seen with these.
Thanks Suri Saab!! You can chalo anytime Bro. Next, well i dont know. Looks like I'll have to sit with you guys once again and let you convince me... but this is not the end i promise you.
The Yokos are great tyres and good value for money. Maybe our Tyre expert Ishan will be able to comment on that.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 16:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

I had posted earlier that the headers are ceramic coated..well i presumed they were but the fact is that they are coated with a Metal Aluminium alloy. Before I went to them for exhaust sound issues yesterday, i happened to touch the headers only to get a rough feel it which is quite the opposite of ceramic coating. Thought id let you guys know.

Old 15th November 2007, 16:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I dont like attracting attention through the car....My looks are enough for that ....
ROFLMAO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Yokos are great tyres and good value for money. Maybe our Tyre expert Ishan will be able to comment on that.
S-Drives are fantastic tyres & given Yoko India's pricing policy, they are also very good VFM. If someone wants Performance tyres for daily use (Please note Jitu bhai!!) these come very highly recommended.

Good choice paaji!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 18:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Awesome stuff gogi, you seem to be on a roll, first the Innova then the Fiat and now the Swift. Hmmm when do you plan to turbo your Merc's
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 02:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Awesome stuff gogi, you seem to be on a roll, first the Innova then the Fiat and now the Swift. Hmmm when do you plan to turbo your Merc's
... why not turbo the swift instead, Double mazaa aur kam daam

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
ROFLMAO!!!!

S-Drives are fantastic tyres & given Yoko India's pricing policy, they are also very good VFM. If someone wants Performance tyres for daily use (Please note Jitu bhai!!) these come very highly recommended.

Good choice paaji!
Well I dont know much about tyres except not to use Chinese and Korean ones. The choice was left to the tyre dealer and then after consultation with Jigness bhai we decided to plonk these on. im glad coz they hold the road very well and there is no tyre noise, a big problem i had with most Pirellis
Old 16th November 2007, 08:19   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
you and your turbos na. first you put a bigger turbo in your swift.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 18:05   #40
BHPian

Good job Gogi sir..

someones got plenty time on hand..

Jaara turbo shurbo laga na yaar!!

Cheers.
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 18:24   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow Gogi I didnt expect a New project so soon(after the fiat)

Great pics, the car looks great.

One Koshun though, Shouldnt the air filter be put some where far from engine & I am saying this as you have used good plumbbing for the Air Filter, I mean wouldnt placing it some where behind the fog lamps be better.

Am no expert just correct me if I am wrong
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 19:07   #42
BHPian

hey man

heh e
i did mean screw my opinion

wanna make that clear as hell !

hehe i love women mate especially me girlfriend

cant wait for dyno figures

rock on man
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 22:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow Gogi I didnt expect a New project so soon(after the fiat)

Great pics, the car looks great.

One Koshun though, Shouldnt the air filter be put some where far from engine & I am saying this as you have used good plumbbing for the Air Filter, I mean wouldnt placing it some where behind the fog lamps be better.

Am no expert just correct me if I am wrong
You are right but im not an advocate to putting the intake behind the fogs or anywhere lower than this because during the rains, the damn thing will also suck in water being sprayed from the vehicles tyres in front and a bigger problem will be during slight floods...oh my gosh i dont even want to think about this.
This is the best place one can plonk the filter in or then moving the battery a few inches closer to the firewall and extending the filter to where the battery is presently is another good option.
I am getting a metal (probably Aluminum) shield fabricated to be put under the filter to stop the heat from getting to the filter
Old 17th November 2007, 09:16   #44
BHPian

V-16 i think your FE has shrill sound right.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 15:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy singh
You are right but im not an advocate to putting the intake behind the fogs or anywhere lower than this because during the rains, the damn thing will also suck in water being sprayed from the vehicles tyres in front and a bigger problem will be during slight floods...oh my gosh i dont even want to think about this.
This is the best place one can plonk the filter in or then moving the battery a few inches closer to the firewall and extending the filter to where the battery is presently is another good option.
I am getting a metal (probably Aluminum) shield fabricated to be put under the filter to stop the heat from getting to the filter
Simple option: Get a K&N stock replacement(aka panel) filter.
K&N benefit with stock CAI
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote