Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th December 2007, 23:40   #76
BHPian

the esteem cam and the swift cam are different at the end,one has distributor and the other has distributor less ignition system,exedy stage 1,2 clutches are available..cheers..tc
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 06:00   #77
BHPian

Then the standalone....... (im already grinning) Meanwhile Im looking for a stage -II clutch for my car. Any help will be appreciated.[/quote]

grEDDY standalone?
thats killer..450 usd ish

Stage 2 clutch : EXeDY- available from N1 - i think its 18000 rs ish - stage 1 is 12000 ish
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 06:28   #78
BHPian

KS Motorsport...>>>

KS 's clutchs sounds tight too

clutchmaster
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 09:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
V16, could'nt you have sourced a Esteem 16v ka camshaft? It may not be the exact same as Swift but its going to be profiled anyway, and should be available in junkyards.
AFAIK, the baleno cam is the same as the swift's. Both are distributorless, hence will have a provision for the cam-sensor.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 13:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
V16, could'nt you have sourced a Esteem 16v ka camshaft? It may not be the exact same as Swift but its going to be profiled anyway, and should be available in junkyards.
What are the specs you have asked for?
Not an option as already explained by other members. Also the Swift cam comes with cam sensor provision. Asked for a 285 spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
KS Motorsport...>>>

clutchmaster
Yeah, i spoke to him but he has nothing for a swift.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 01:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Guys anyone have any information on a short shift for a swift? What about a close ratio gearbox??
Old 20th December 2007, 21:23   #82
BHPian

16" rims and the callipers just bout fit

big brake upgrade on ma swift

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 21st December 2007 at 23:55. Reason: HTML tags removed. Pictures rearranged.
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd January 2008, 01:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys while I wait for the cam to come in Im doing nothing....and i dont like that, so after I got fed up with unsuccessfully trying to find a short shift for my Swift I decided to do it myself. With the help of a friend, we got down this evening and started to fiddle with the linkages, I mean how difficult would it be to make your car into a short shift? Two things had to be done. The shift had to be shortened (vertically) and the travel in the neutral had to be also reduced. So we opened the linkage to find and easy solution for the horizontal travel. The lever just had to be bent by the precise measurement to make the travel shorter in the horizontal (neutral) mode (around an inch)

The linkages and cables removed

The neat "S" bend made at the otherwise straight link. This reduces the neutral horizontal travel

Heres another pic

Now for the short throw/shift. This linkage will have to be cut and welded again. It was past eight and the welder would definitely shut shop by this time so I decided to call it a day. We kept the tools in the car and tomorrow first thing in the morning Im visiting the welder to get the job done. Then Ill post the pics after the job is done after which Ill drive it and post a report. This is the original link which will have to be modified for the short travel between gears.
Total time taken from removal the linkages and cables to the end, one hour with a short coffee break

If I succeed then this would be a DIY short shift conversion. Wish me luck. Keep watching this thread. Im gonna sign off!!
Old 2nd January 2008, 03:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

AHA...! This is nice.

But again; check the selector after shortening the linkage; The "S" bend is a nice idea to shorten travel...

Let's see the throw/shifter effort after the linkage work...the shifter "T" has very limited play as it is..so it would be interesting to see the results...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
KS Motorsport...>>>

clutchmaster

Sorry,but i dont have any for the swift.Anant from N1 has for sure that I know.
KS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

OK work done. Started at 1100hrs and finished at 11.30hrs. The car runs fine. Will change the gear oil to TQ for smoother shift as the shift got stiffer. Well if thats not done one wont know whether the cars in which gear or not.

Checking the play and the final touches.

The work complete. The weld joints ground off and the gear linkage all sorted out.

Now for the report. Well as I said earlier, My friend and me were sitting last evening just talking and the topic drifted towards cars (as it almost always does) and the short shift point came up. We thought of three different ways this could be done by us as we were not getting an after market short shift. One of these ideas was so impractical that i will not even mention it here. The other options were to shorten it at either the linkages in the engine bay, i.e. shorten the linkages to the gearbox or tinker at the the stick shift place in the drivers cabin which literally would mean elongating the levers there. We decided doing it at the engine bay and got cracking. I got my tools together and we did what we did.
The results are amazing. Its the perfect throw and travel which I wanted and all so easily done at home without any involvement of any Garage or professional help. The car is great fun to drive now and the shift time is reduced to maybe less than half. This is the thrill of driving.
I have given a pictorial description for the process for the benefit of those who would like to repeat this process. Cost..... 0 Rs. (for cutting one link and welding it at a known place the guy refused to take any money from me. My guess is that it would have not cost more than Rs.50/- at the most.

Last edited by V-16 : 2nd January 2008 at 18:22.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:44   #87
BHPian

This is going O.T but i dont think you should be doing what your doing with that Watch on :-)
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 16:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreams View Post
This is going O.T but i dont think you should be doing what your doing with that Watch on :-)
Must say, you do have a keen eye mate.
Ive been driving the swift now for a day for long continued periods of time and I would like to say that the shifter works very well.

Last edited by V-16 : 3rd January 2008 at 16:22. Reason: addition
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:41   #89
BHPian

O.T again :-) Oyster Perpetual is it ?
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 09:53   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ive been driving the swift now for a day for long continued periods of time and I would like to say that the shifter works very well.
Hi,

Had the opportunity to drive the car. Must say job very well done. Works better than the short shifter rod itself. I think its time to do it in my car once its on the road.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote