Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th January 2008, 21:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
fitted on your clutch gogi uncle? how much better is it?
yes beta, it makes a huge huuuge difference once you get used to the clutch travel and lifting it without juddering. The car actually jumps from one gear into another leaping hungrily. Still wheelspins in the second slightly when pushed. I have had "certain" persons who have refused to believe me that I have not put in larger pistons, nor have I shaved the head to max capacity for complete high compression. One actually thought I had a wild cam after driving the car. I will take that as a compliment although they got bugged with me for thinking I was lying to them about the mods in my car. Have to run it in the new clutch for around 200kms at least. Got it set twice and today have finally got the right feel. The clutch adds that extra two cents of bhp directly to the wheel and you can actually feel the car become more aggressive. I fully recommend it. I feel there is enough power at present but who the hell is ever satisfied with what you have. I make a promise to myself at every stage...thats enough, no more spending on this car...and then i think that promises are meant to be broken...
Truly a must have and the calf... well it takes getting used to. The funny part is when you hop on from this car to another, with a stock clutch say the innova, you feel as if you have to get up to shift the car in 1st and 3rd (my swift has a short shift) and as if there is no clutch. Will have to visit the gym to exercise the other calf
In traffic at a stop and go situation you wish you didnt have it at first, but as you spend time with the car getting used to it, it grows on you,...like a wart,...a part of you.
But the news does not end here...
Found a 285 spec cam and an adjustable cam gear.
Fitting it tomorrow.. will make a huge dent in my piggy bank (not to be confused with a piggy back, which will come at a later stage) but what the heck.
Will post reports after I have run in the clutch and can throw the car around a bit.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 21:31   #107
BHPian

but isnt putting a 285 spec on a stock ecu going to give you lots of idel problems.?
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 03:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
but isnt putting a 285 spec on a stock ecu going to give you lots of idel problems.?
No not really. Maybe ill have a slight hunt when the a/cs on but will have to check that one out. If thats the case then the piggyback will come faster...what else?
Old 27th January 2008, 16:21   #109
Senior - BHPian

Could not fit the Cam yesterday. The guy didnt deliver it. So maybe tomorrow. LEts see if he does deliver tomorrow too. Now on the prowl for an ECU.
Old 27th January 2008, 16:39   #110
Team-BHP Support

i heard you and viper and vikram are dynoing your cars on tuesday. i might just come and watch.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 16:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i heard you and viper and vikram are dynoing your cars on Tuesday. i might just come and watch.
You are welcome to sir but even ive just heard that..from you
Well, we have planned to do this for some time... i don't know if its on Tuesday though. If it is, so be it!! Will post details and....on a lighter vein,..
....will answer all questions
(sorry guys, no offense meant to anyone but you know me..I just couldn't resist that one!!)
Old 27th January 2008, 17:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
In traffic at a stop and go situation you wish you didnt have it at first, but as you spend time with the car getting used to it, it grows on you,...like a wart,...a part of you.
Quote:
You are welcome to sir but even ive just heard that..from you
Well, we have planned to do this for some time... i don't know if its on Tuesday though. If it is, so be it!! Will post details and....on a lighter vein,..
....will answer all questions
(sorry guys, no offense meant to anyone but you know me..I just couldn't resist that one!!)
Kya Gogi bhai, on full roll today eh!! Lage raho!

Good news on the mod front, looking forward to seeing some before & bafter dyno runs with the new cam! Best of Luck!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:04   #113
BHPian

Default Dyno graph

Hello,
This is the dyno run of V16 car....what all does it have?...u guys will have to ask him as i dont know.

Karan
KS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
Hello,
This is the dyno run of V16 car....what all does it have?...u guys will have to ask him as i dont know.

Karan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
Stock swift -

Thanks Karan for posting the Dyno run of my car.
Did this run purely to see what my car delivers at the wheels and will continue to do dyno runs as and when adding further mods that will really effect the dyno graph.
Well for the mods on my car while doing the Dyno run, here they are;

Porting and Polishing
Headers and FFE
Filter
Stage Two Clutch
Upsized Rims and Tyres (no addition to Bhp)

Now lets see the two graphs together the picture will be clearer

Stock Swift

My Swift with humble above mentioned mods

Ok guys here is the Dyno of my car....comments pliss

Last edited by V-16 : 28th January 2008 at 19:02.
Old 28th January 2008, 19:10   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Karan for posting the Dyno run of my car.
Did this run purely to see what my car delivers at the wheels and will continue to do dyno runs as and when adding further mods that will really effect the dyno graph.
Well for the mods on my car while doing the Dyno run, here they are;

Porting and Polishing
Headers and FFE
Filter
Stage Two Clutch
Upsized Rims and Tyres (no addition to Bhp)

Ok guys here is the Dyno of my car....comments pliss

Abbey Gogi,

When did you go and get the dyno run done. You did not tell me. Anyways coming to the graph I must say your's is a more torquey curve. Your car should be peppier after the minor changes that I told you.
Enjoy.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Abbey Gogi,
When did you go and get the dyno run done. You did not tell me.
Viper
...Uh-Oh!!...Ok in that case, to get quits, when you get your car dynoed, you also, dont tell me, (ill find out myself!!)
and If you get free from celebrating your Anniversary, only then I will be able to tell you Na!! BTW Off Topic but, Happy Anniversary! Party Sharty ho jaye??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Anyways coming to the graph I must say your's is a more torquey curve. Your car should be peppier after the minor changes that I told you.
Enjoy.

Viper
Will incorporate those changes asap boss!!
Old 28th January 2008, 20:36   #117
Team-BHP Support

For the modest changes you have done, your car indeed is returning good results. Why not add race dynamics now?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 20:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
For the modest changes you have done, your car indeed is returning good results. Why not add race dynamics now?
read my thoughts. I was going to go in for a hot cam but I was amazed by what I learnt today. For the moment, the cams taking a back seat. The ECU...well, I want but my piggy bank's crying out loud.

Pics while Dyno-ing

Last edited by V-16 : 28th January 2008 at 20:56.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:13   #119
BANNED

Gogi sir,
party anytime you want sir. Thanks for the wishes.
Jiggy
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 22:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on being one of the first few people to post dyno results on tbhp.

What was the dyno run like Gogi? Do you get to drive yourself? Does the driver make a difference? Is it kinda scary to see your car on the dyno and revving away?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote