Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th August 2005, 22:45   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
is it possiable to fit a mpfi dohc setup on the esteem 1.3 carb block?
U mean, fit the cylinder head from the old Swift into the Esteem's cast iron block. May be possible, if the bolt pattern and bore spacing matches. Timing belt also has to lineup properly. Man to ask is Viper.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 12:13   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Stoppies have occured in cars, it's well known. But then you need almost no weight at the rear, a very short wheelbase, and very sticky rubber. Best known stoppie mobiles are Mini Coopers.

Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 15:00   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
U mean, fit the cylinder head from the old Swift into the Esteem's cast iron block. May be possible, if the bolt pattern and bore spacing matches. Timing belt also has to lineup properly. Man to ask is Viper.

Hey Mustangman,
Yes it is possible. It is a direct fit.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 16:50   #154
BHPian

Thanks Viper!

It makes more sense to pick up an old Carb block. and when have the budget, get the DOHC Gti heads etc. rather than buying a hard to find and much more expensive esteem mpfi block.
(for a zen btw)
MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 16:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, the Esteem block is all-aluminium, as compared to the Zen. So I think it's actually slightly lighter. The same goes for the Honda 1.5 and Vtecs, which are essentially the same block.
I thought the Zen and Esteem block are made from the same casting and are separated at the machining stage? Which is why the Zen has such a short stroke at 61 mm to bring down the displacement to 993 cc...So, the weight difference between the blocks may hardly be 5-6 kgs...due to extra weight of the crankshaft...

Quote:

Stoppies have occured in cars, it's well known. But then you need almost no weight at the rear, a very short wheelbase, and very sticky rubber. Best known stoppie mobiles are Mini Coopers.
Logically speaking, if there's a longer wheelbase with most of the weight at one end of the car, stoppies should be easier than with a short wheelbase..

Ananth

Last edited by ananthkamath : 13th August 2005 at 17:03.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 16:57   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
U mean, fit the cylinder head from the old Swift into the Esteem's cast iron block.
Esteems never had cast-iron blocks...G-series are all aluminum, and that includes the Zen...

Ananth
Old 13th August 2005, 20:00   #157
Senior - BHPian

ananthkamath, you may be right about the similarity in the blocks. I'm not too sure. I know for a fact that the G13 is all-Al. Not too sure about the Zen.

As far as the stoppie goes, I've observed it mainly on short WB cars, like the 2-door in Rehaan's picture. Longer WB would essentially mean more weight, further away from the front. As a percentage of the total weight, the weight to the rear would be larger than in a shorter WB layout, assuming suspension and engine weight to be the same. Please correct me if I am wrong.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 21:30   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the correction guys. I knew the Zen was the first all aluminum engine in India. For some reason I thought the Zen was released after the Esteem.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 21:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Longer WB would essentially mean more weight, further away from the front. As a percentage of the total weight, the weight to the rear would be larger than in a shorter WB layout, assuming suspension and engine weight to be the same.
No. Its just the opposite. If you keep everything in its original place, and start moving the rear wheels further backwards, the total proportion of weight on the front will increase...Look at a slingshot dragster. Most of the weight is on the rear wheels..If you start moving the front wheels backwards, the weight on them would increase progressively until the weight distribution is equalised.

Ananth
Old 13th September 2005, 13:33   #160
BANNED

can you guys let me know the price of honda 1.3/1.5 engines..and also if it is possible or no to fix/put these engines in to a corsa sail...aand also let me know if it can cause any problem after installing these engines...planning to do this thing after a few months...
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2005, 14:38   #161
BANNED

i even wanted to know where can i get these engines...in mumbai...
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 07:07   #162
BHPian

the ZEN has an all aluminium engine and hence the power-to-weight ratio is amazing...
BTW, I know a 88 model m800 of my TVS R&D mate, which has a carburetted esteem engine which costed him 10k....the car looks ****ty coz of the old looks, but will take the ****-outta an esteem itself!
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 08:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

yeah remember seeing that car at the last years bangalore speedrun.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 12:38   #164

Default E Zen in Bangalore

Which is the best place to get an Ezen built in Bangalore ? I am interested in getting one ?
autocenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 14:38   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocenter
Which is the best place to get an Ezen built in Bangalore ? I am interested in getting one ?
get hold of an esteem engine and a good tuner... i can help you with the engine and you can contact RAC or psycho for plonking the engine.

all the best !!!
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote