Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th November 2007, 23:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Chiptuning for Logan

Am looking around for a remap for my Logan 1.4MPI.

Pete doesn't have anything for the Logan petrols. Neither does any other reputed name in the country.

There's one option in Delhi, I'm yet to approach him (saw the ad in ACI and read about him in some other thread, initial impressions were that he knows nothing, but will still meet him and see). Price quoted: Rs.12,000

There is one in Romania, referred by the moderator of a romanian forum. Has a website and has remaps for cars from Ferrari to Maserati to Volvo to Daewoo to Suzuki. Price quoted: 150 Euros (Rs.8800) + add courier costs to & fro.

Only problem, I will have to send my ECU to Romania and till the time it comes back my car will be parked nicely in the garage for I don't know how long. But still can think about it.
His website: Dimsport Romania - Electronic Engine Performance - Dacia

My questions:
- Has anyone yet got done anything from that Delhi guy?
- Has anyone till yet sent his ECU abroad via courier to get a remap done? I'm a little skeptical about the courier. After all an ECU is not that cheap an item in case it gets damaged or lost.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 08:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Why remap to start with?

AFAIK, your car is stock right? Why not try K&N, freeflow etc from some reputed place?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 08:34   #3
BHPian

First you go for basic mods,like Green Cotton,K&N,pipercross airfilters.There are lot of freeflows people around here.You can choose and get a nice one for your car.

Last edited by jerish666 : 28th November 2007 at 08:35.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 09:39   #4
BHPian

Hi ashu
If u r lookng to do something with ECU remaping i suggest U talk to Jignesh - Viper he coild help u out with something interesting enough to grab ur attention.

Chao
cancerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Ashutosh,
Have you checked the Tri-Phase. It is for the petrol cars. PM Fellow BHPian Viper for more details on the Same. This link should give you more details. Alternately you can also check on ********************* site.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...e-reports.html
malgudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why not try K&N, freeflow etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
First you go for basic mods,like Green Cotton,K&N,pipercross airfilters.T
Will do all that and more. No one in India has a stock replacement filter (SRF) for a logan P. If you see the images below, you will see that the stock air filter is sucking air through that nozzle just behind the grille. I don't want to change the whole setup, hence willing to fit an SRF only.

Also, No one is India has a FFE for a Logan P. Even Automech doesn't have one. So am waiting. If there is one, please suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerm View Post
If u r lookng to do something with ECU remaping i suggest U talk to Jignesh - Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Have you checked the Tri-Phase.
Working on it. Lets see if there is a solution.

Thanks all for replying!
Old 28th November 2007, 17:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Not convinced on the tri-phase thingy. Read the whole thread, fellow members who have bought it, are happy. But I'm not into the cutting wires and hide the box thing. Will stick to the remapping bit.
Old 28th November 2007, 19:05   #8
BHPian

Smile

ashutosh - instead of a stock replacement filter you can get a cold air intake (like the K&N CAI) and that too will suck air from the same place i.e. nozzle behind the grill. Note that I am talking about the whole CAI kit and not just a filter replacement, which may give you some performance enhancements given the ram effect of cold air being sucked from behind the grill just a tip.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 19:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you can try raj hingorani of bangalore for the FFE setup, beacuse i think he does custom FFEs..but the constraint is: he fabricates the FFE directly on the car , so you will need someone from bangy to lend his/her logan for a few days to get the FFE done and then get the FFE by courier.

i think our fellow bangy bhpians can help you in contacting raj or you may PM our fellow bhpian "shrivz" who got a FFE for his baleno from raj.

Last edited by badboyscad : 28th November 2007 at 19:18.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 19:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Check if your Common Rail engine is shared with other small Renault vehicles - eg., the Clio. The Clio has a 1.5 dCi 65-odd bhp motor too, which at least one chip tuner claims to have an add-on module for that takes the power up to 78 bhp. The cost may not be worth the 13 bhp addition, though.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 19:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Not convinced on the tri-phase thingy. Read the whole thread, fellow members who have bought it, are happy. But I'm not into the cutting wires and hide the box thing. Will stick to the remapping bit.
its not much of a box. its about the size of a pack of cigarettes. so theres nothing to hide. its much less risk than shipping your ecu to romania. also only a 7bhp increase is not much. i would not think its worth it to send your ecu not knowing whether it would come back to you in one piece and pay 150 euros for it + shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Check if your Common Rail engine is shared with other small Renault vehicles - eg., the Clio. The Clio has a 1.5 dCi 65-odd bhp motor too, which at least one chip tuner claims to have an add-on module for that takes the power up to 78 bhp. The cost may not be worth the 13 bhp addition, though.
his is a petrol vehicle.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th November 2007 at 19:20.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 19:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

i agree with jassi, you can very well go for a K&N APOLLO CAI(cold air intake), it also comes with a hose(just like your stock air intake) that can suck air from behind the grille.

K&N Apollo CAI:

Last edited by badboyscad : 28th November 2007 at 19:37.
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 19:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
instead of a stock replacement filter you can get a cold air intake (like the K&N CAI)
Hmm.. Will have to show the whole setup to some expert first and then see if its worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Maybe you can try raj hingorani of bangalore for the FFE setup, ..but the constraint is: he fabricates the FFE directly on the car , so you will need someone from bangy to lend his/her logan for a few days to get the FFE done and then get the FFE by courier.
I really doubt someone will take that much of a pain for me. I suppose I will have to wait for someone at tbhp B'lore to buy a Logan P and then get him interested in an FFE! Will still contact raj and shrivz, maybe they someone who has already done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
its not much of a box. its about the size of a pack of cigarettes. so theres nothing to hide. its much less risk than shipping your ecu to romania. also only a 7bhp increase is not much. i would not think its worth it to send your ecu not knowing whether it would come back to you in one piece and pay 150 euros for it + shipping.
I admit, this is a better solution than shipping the ECU to Romania. But I'm not in favour of cutting up wires. That's a personal choice, nothing against the product.

Thanks all for replying!
Old 28th November 2007, 19:51   #14
Team-BHP Support

well i would still recommend the tri-phase but whatever you please. also vipers exhaust guy should be able to make a custom exhaust for you. hes very good. give it a thought.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:30   #15

Default update plzzz

hi ashutoshb, even i have a logan 1.4 p, can you update on the progress, did you manage to find FFE for logan. any news on the chip tuning?
toll gate is offline   Reply With Quote