Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st December 2007, 22:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
A stock swift could easily hit 90 km/h in 2nd.

I second the idea of finding somebody to swap pipes with. There must be somebody out there with a stock swift who is looking to get himself a nice noisy exhaust.
Stock swift at 90kmph ...I highly doubt that. I don't own one, but have driven many, and none of them seemed to be so fast. In fact i thought that the car was rather slow. love the transmission though, quite smooth and precise...but still i doubt the 90kmph thing
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 03:00   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Well I have driven the car but dont know why my friends to remove it.The car is running fantastic.It touches 80 km/h in second gear
Seems there is something wrong with your friends swift as a stock swift should touch 100 kmph ( approx ) in 2nd gear ....

As for seeing if its a straight pipe or not .... let us know which corner of Delhi you living in and we will tell you who to go to !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 09:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

I put up in south delhi,My friends car is in G.K.We dont mind going anywhere in delhi for the job.Kindly tell the best man for it,khaadu

today i will try to push my swift in 2nd gear lets see where it can go...this 80km/hr thing in secong gear is flaming me....guys read carefully....80 km/h eaisly...if i push it till 6000-7000 RPM,it would touch 100 km/h eaisly.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:16   #19
BHPian

8o km in 2nd gear nice , carefull with the pushing
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
A stock swift could easily hit 90 km/h in 2nd.

I second the idea of finding somebody to swap pipes with. There must be somebody out there with a stock swift who is looking to get himself a nice noisy exhaust.
i seriously doubt that a stock swift can touch even eighty 80 in the second...well when pushed hard enough then you will hear the engine complain at around 60 and that will screw your car. After my stage II mods, my car pushes 100 in the second but do i want to do it all the time i ask myself. but 90 in a stock swift is something i will have to see to believe. i dont buy this..sorry bro, someones giving you wrong info.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Based on the long TD that we did in 2 Swifts recently, I would agree that it can go to 90kmph+ in second gear. Problem is that since both the cars didn't have Tachos, I can't tell you about the RPM.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Umm.what is the confusion about. A stock Swift will do 100 kmph in 2nd gear at around 6400 rpm or so. It slows down a little after 6000 rpm, because the curve seems to taper off. But it does.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 15:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nobody is helping to solve my problem,just arguing whether a swift can hit 80,90,100 or not.guys please
Old 2nd December 2007, 16:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nobody is helping to solve my problem,just arguing whether a swift can hit 80,90,100 or not.guys please
Mate I posted earlier and am re-iterating. Ask your friend to source a milder end can and he still can continue enjoying the headers.

PM bangy bhp'ian toretto since he has a Free flow setup which has completely silent end can.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

@m4ugr8

Go to SILENCER HOUSE in Scindia House Building in C.P. (behind the erstwhile Premier Padmini Showroom) This guy is the oldest guy in the business of Silencer repair / replacements. The 3rd generation is running the place now (unless recently closed down due to no workshops in certain xyz areas)

He should be able to resolve your friend's deliema...hope this helps

Or check with Arush - he may have many old headers, pipes & endcans, maybe he can help you

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2007, 19:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@m4ugr8

Go to SILENCER HOUSE in Scindia House Building in C.P. (behind the erstwhile Premier Padmini Showroom) This guy is the oldest guy in the business of Silencer repair / replacements. The 3rd generation is running the place now (unless recently closed down due to no workshops in certain xyz areas)

He should be able to resolve your friend's deliema...hope this helps

Or check with Arush - he may have many old headers, pipes & endcans, maybe he can help you

Cheers
Thanks ricky,visited him today and boy dont these guys know exaust's in and out.after narrating him my problem,he said its just a piece of cake,He said you tell what you need.He made a custom expansion chamber in front of our eyes,filled whool glass accordingly and doesnt the exaust sound the way we want it.My friend is very happy,I didnt know delhi has such expert people when it comes to exaust.You are right the third generation is running the shop now.they are doing this busniess from the early 60s.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ricky,visited him today and boy dont these guys know exaust's in and out.after narrating him my problem,he said its just a piece of cake,He said you tell what you need.He made a custom expansion chamber in front of our eyes,filled whool glass accordingly and doesnt the exaust sound the way we want it.My friend is very happy,I didnt know delhi has such expert people when it comes to exaust.You are right the third generation is running the shop now.they are doing this busniess from the early 60s.

cheers:Glad to know that the information I gave you was useful for you. So your problem got sorted out eh ?? Great. What did it it cost you ?? He also does freeflows. did you check with him on that too

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote