Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th December 2007, 13:00   #1
BHPian

Default FFE for Honda Civic

I have heard that the Honda Civic comes with the exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head. So there is no provision for fixing free flow headers. That being the case what options does one have to improve the low end response of the car? Will changing the end can to a straight-through design have a positive effect?

Do you know of anyone who has tried out such mods in Bangalore?

Dinesh
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 13:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

I did hear of a car that removed the end can and the cat but that resulted in a drastic drop in the torque. Primary reason due to the integrated exhaust ports. This can be overcome (I think) by using a 2 inch primary down pipe which is quite short immidiately followed by a 1.25 -1.5 straight through.

Havent had the opportunity to test this idea on a car hence cant say that it will work.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 21:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get a KnN Filter and your low end should increase a bit. Else Mugen can get you FFE.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 08:26   #5
BHPian

I've got a K&N stock replacement filter running in the car already. I am not seeing a perceptible difference with this. One thing I have noticed is that my car runs a lot better with normal unleaded fuel compared to premium fuels, especially in slow start stop city drives.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote