call me too jak , please -cant imagine 170 ish hp on ze swift

those brembo s really required
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 21:16   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
k.s motorsport....car boost 7 psi...and running like a dream

This is exactly what's annoying. Dude I understand its your choice to put up pics, but why not give us a sneak peak inside the hood, and maybe even a dyno printout? It will help others make a choice upon seeing the quality of the job.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 03:45   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
This is exactly what's annoying. Dude I understand its your choice to put up pics, but why not give us a sneak peak inside the hood, and maybe even a dyno printout? It will help others make a choice upon seeing the quality of the job.

dont worry about quality my friend if it wasnt good i wouldnt have it. gere are a few pics

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th January 2008 at 12:56.
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 13:10   #199
Senior - BHPian

How much money did all of this cost? What about the ecu?

Any dyno printouts from KS......
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 14:45   #200
BHPian

I will take/advice GTO's suggestion.

The other option is to get a skoda RS or similar cars, and import fancy items, but it costs a lot..

I find the tuner scene is incompetant in India, because of the following:

* lack of proper education on cutomer and tuner side
* This includes wrong expectation from the customer to start with and goes on to wrong/mis informaton and high expectations given by so called "Tuners"
* Doing an engine swap and considering it as "tuning"
* installing diesel turbos from junk yard in petrol cars and expecting it to last (not to forget charging a lot for these junk items from salvage yards)
* Getting whole kits from abroad and fitting them and call it tuning

* the amount of p**ping that goes on by some people to get business

* People who has NOT done serious mods to their own cars giving modding advice to others
* same kind of people advicing other users to go to some specific tuners for obvious reasons
* making the customer beleive that their cars are fast by cronies of the tuners. Poor customer, imagine what he woulde feeling if he himself thinks that the car is not moving, where all other aroud him goes like "whoaaa" good stuff man....
* blaming the cutomer when something goes wrong

@ Jaggu and Mclaren
Abt your posts (posts 76 and 77) I think Chinoy's car is running quite good with stock internals and
more than single digit PSI

@v1p3r
Wrong, Chinoy has done a turbo job for a Guy called "papaboost" (I think) along with his esteem.

and according to me doing turbo on MPFI engines is far easier than on carb

After all, what does the so called MPFI tuners do in India? They get the Race Dynamics
and claim that they themself did the map for it, so their claim to fame is that they know how to install it.

People forget what happened when one of the first turbo car was put against a very nice baleno in Bangalore couple of year back. That baleno was supposed to be the "best" of that time. That ratty turbo esteem wupped baleno, and if I remember correctly, Chinoy did that turbo. That was the turbo story which turned lots of NOS crazy guys to turbo advocates.

Good to read abt the post on Reliability, But What I heard was that a nice turbo Cedia blew up on first lap at Kari track.. last I heard plugs were blamed.. Funny again.

Indian Funny turbo instals: There was this guy who fixed the turbo near the trunk, and claimed that it is the best position since you dont have to do much for the cooling since its
very far from the heat of the engine..

Another good one is about a NA car beating a turbo esteem in chennai drags..
Most guys who are into this scene knows whos car beat whom ..
renamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 14:47   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
hello everyone..
........ he claimed to be running a lancer evo in bombay or something like that a lancer converted
into a evo with 30 PSI boost and saying its got 700-800bhp.i was blown away. can this much boost be run reliably ?
Also its not K.S motorsport or AR motorsport or Viper or Team FS who made the claim. Its someone else. thats what shocked me.
That should have been your response... Thanks for the lighter moment!!
Secondly we guessed it were not any of the above you mentioned as such a claim cannot be expected out of reputed tuners as the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
hey tool just turboed my swift running super well if u get a turbo u should get bout 130 hp...but u need an ecu it is essential...call me we will go for a rip it will blow ur mind and have u running to the nearest turbo shop
I am going to call you bro. Congrats to you and Karan for your T/C swift. Im positive its a job very well done. Is it a first in Mumbai??

Last edited by V-16 : 14th January 2008 at 14:48.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 16:11   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa (best tuner for turbo charging???)
k.s motorsport....car boost 7 psi...and running like a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post

Any dyno printouts from KS......
Ya lets compare & see Dream with reality. Hope its not that much off.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 16:20   #203
BHPian

dude its not a competition and most proberbly ull never even sit in it so u got nothing to worry bout dreams and reality

and v-16 sure anytime buddy give me a shout 2 night goin to be tearing about

Last edited by gemballa : 14th January 2008 at 16:22.
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 17:02   #204
BHPian

No Problem mate. I never talked about competition nor do i have any desire to sit in your ride. When you put a dyno sheet result in your project, you know where you stand & it gives a chance to you & the tuner to think upon & improve his tuning capability if results are not that encouraging, which in turn will benefit you as a customer.

I know there are some people who will laugh if results are not good,(i am not one of those) cause that's the only thing they can do, because they don't have any solution & they are part of the problem. With Dyno sheet you get a chance to face the reality & rectify the mistakes if any or else you stay in "Alice in Wonderland".

It all depends how you take it dear.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 17:16   #205
BHPian

doing dyno is good but

1) you have to do a dyno before doing the mods
2) you have to do the run on the SAME dyno after the mods.

Why, no two dynos will give you same kind of results

Not to forget that, Dyno runs results can be made very impressive just by using different smoothing values..

So make sure you do the runs on the same dyno before and after you mods, with the same parameters, and compare the results.

Even if you dont need to believe the BHP figs that comes out, atleast you can see if you have made any significant progress.

Otherwise you will have to just trust the butt dyno
renamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 17:41   #206
Team-BHP Support

@renamo: you seem to know lot about turbo build scene in Bangalore, and say hi to Pappaboost from me will ya

Though i like your post, spirit and intent, i somehow feel that i saw this post somewhere else (i might be wrong) but if so this will not be appreciated in any online community.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 19:19   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
@v1p3r
Wrong, Chinoy has done a turbo job for a Guy called "papaboost" (I think) along with his esteem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@renamo: you seem to know lot about turbo build scene in Bangalore, and say hi to Pappaboost from me will ya

Twinke twinkle lil s
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 20:17   #208
BHPian

Quote:

People forget what happened when one of the first turbo car was put against a very nice baleno in Bangalore couple of year back. That baleno was supposed to be the "best" of that time. That ratty turbo esteem wupped baleno, and if I remember correctly, Chinoy did that turbo. That was the turbo story which turned lots of NOS crazy guys to turbo advocates.
found that video saw it long back and immeditely bookmarked it:
http://www.eindiancompanies.com/drag/esteemvsbaleno.mpg

i suggest you download it and see rather than watching it on real player on the internet.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 21:12   #209
BHPian

Quote:
@v1p3r

and according to me doing turbo on MPFI engines is far easier than on carb

Indian Funny turbo instals: There was this guy who fixed the turbo near the trunk, and claimed that it is the best position since you dont have to do much for the cooling since its
very far from the heat of the engine..
if i am right the car papaboost car chinoy tuned it after it had melted/blown a piston.

also the currency m5 has a remote mount end exhaust turbo mount.

pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 21:40   #210
BHPian

Default Dream and reality

Renamo......what car do u drive?have u ever got close to a modded car.Have u seen a dyno in india? I would not get any more personal on that issue.I have proved my cars time and again at the speed runs.Have u ever work on a fuel injected map??...sorry have u even seen one.RD has made the ecm,but it finally the end user(tuner in this case) who is goin to be able to make it work for him.If the tuner doesnt know what he is doing,the product gets a bad name.

Rocam,i think what geballa means by dream,is that his car is fun to drive and has no hicups.The power is very smooth.The exhaust is not loud,the efficency is good.No rattles,etc.
He is busy this week,but as soon as he is free,I wll put it on the dyno and u guys can see the graph.

On a general note,what do u guys think should be the HP.Please,i mean wheel hp and not flywheel hp.
I know the swifts from Blore wll be doing 170hp,their Honda citys are probably doing 185hp.So let kep the Blore cars out of the competion,they are just too good for our cars.

I think i am done on this topic

Karan

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2008 at 10:50. Reason: Watch the tone.
KS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote