Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 15th January 2008, 21:32   #226
BHPian

firstly i will be dyno'ing my car several times with different setups....if there was no dyno i would not even bother tuning my car....my swift project started 2 years ago.. using this site i approached one of the so called 'tuners' and told hiom to go all out on the car...whatever he needed to do to make the car very fast...my car was taken and i spent over
rs. 60,000... when i got my car back i dragged it with a stock swift and got smoked... i then called the tuner and told him about this shocking episode to which every excuse was made why the car was not running apart from admitting fault. fed up with the tuner and being wasted by stock swifts after spendingf money i went to another tuner to make things right also a frquent visitor to this site....after opening the engine it was apparent the shoddy work done so i decided to go back to stock and start again...i called for a new head etc. and started tuner 2... told him to go all out and make sure it was the quickest swift in town....the work commenced and after done tuner was very reluctant for me to go to the dyno...yep the car was running well but i had spent a bomb on it...pistons , cams, ecu, clutch , brakes, head, bottom half reworked etc.. so i decided to go myself one afternoon after several runs on the dyno my car pulled 93hp....this was a huge disappointment not to mention being ripped off on ALL parts royally....cheers buddy.eg. ecu for 25000 was sold for 30000 plus 2000 to tune it. so after this i was fed up of the tuners in mumbai...all cowboys trying to make some pocket moneyso i decided to scrap alll the rubbish and go for a turbo set up...once again went back to stock and k.s did the full turbo install from scratch...i must say the job is tidy almost looks stock and the car has proved itself on the road destroying most things that come its way.its been about 500 km sice the turbo is done and the car has not done anything irregular ie. heat up etc. and is happy to go anytime.cheers: to k.s and dyno results will be definately positive tomorrow. so all i can say after spending as much as the car cost new with different tuners tubo is the way forward and k.s knows how to do it tried and tested...look no further
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 13:37   #227
BHPian

@gemballa, I sincerely hope that you don't have any more trouble after all you have gone through.

and if you are happy on the turbo and the work done, it is a good thing to give details including tuner and give the credits where it is due like you already did in your last post. I also hope that it is alright to give details on the work (both good/bad) so that others who are deciding on whom to go for will get a chance to read some reviews and decide.

if you have not done already, pls start a new review page where you can post your progress observations on a regular basis on the appropriate section.
renamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 15:45   #228
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I also hope that it is alright to give details on the work (both good/bad) so that others who are deciding on whom to go for will get a chance to read some reviews and decide.
Absolutely is! That is the purpose of Team-BHP. @ Gemballa : Please feel free to disclose any names.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 21:16   #229
BHPian

as a good gesture i shall refrain from putting down names of these people as they did do the best of their ability and knowledge... but for the people who know my car they know where its been they are aware of the tuners and the rest goodluck for all who approach these lads.

im out of this forum now in my thread.....

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2008 at 23:19.
Old 17th January 2008, 12:56   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
i went to another tuner to make things right also a frquent visitor to this site....after opening the engine it was apparent the shoddy work done so i decided to go back to stock and start again...i called for a new head etc. and started tuner 2... told him to go all out and make sure it was the quickest swift in town....the work commenced and after done tuner was very reluctant for me to go to the dyno...yep the car was running well but i had spent a bomb on it...pistons , cams, ecu, clutch , brakes, head, bottom half reworked etc.. so i decided to go myself one afternoon after several runs on the dyno my car pulled 93hp....this was a huge disappointment not to mention being ripped off on ALL parts royally....cheers buddy.eg. ecu for 25000 was sold for 30000 plus 2000 to tune it. so after this i was fed up of the tuners in mumbai...
pardon my ignorance but how much does a stock swift put out at the wheels? IMO it should be 17-20% less. so if the stock engine is 87bhp at the wheels it should put out about 70? when you ran it on the dyno you got 93bhp at the wheels? thats a 23bhp or so increase which IMO is alot. that too on a stock head with only the other mods (pistons, ecu, cam). why dont you tel us who this tuner is?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th January 2008 at 12:58.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 19:00   #231
BHPian

firstly its not a stock head it was shaved ported polished etc.... and secondly as far as the figures are concerned thats ur opinion but the reality is that it was only competition for other swifts on the roads and was only about a body lenght on front of a stock swift now its a different ball game
Old 17th January 2008, 20:20   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
pardon my ignorance but how much does a stock swift put out at the wheels? IMO it should be 17-20% less.
Right. there is approx a diffrence of 15-20% bhp from the crank to the wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
so if the stock engine is 87bhp at the wheels it should put out about 70? when you ran it on the dyno you got 93bhp at the wheels? thats a 23bhp or so increase which IMO is alot. that too on a stock head with only the other mods (pistons, ecu, cam).
Absolutely. i had the same discussion when I met Gemballa yesterday. 23 bhp is more than satisfactory for a ported, polished head with a FFE and a 285 cam, performance clutch, ecu, larger pistons. Remember its at the wheels i.e.add 15-20% to that for bhp at the crank. Should make the car wild enough with 23bhp above stock. IMHO it should add about 20-30 bhp depending on the tune. There are also people get exited by just adding a filter and an exhaust job. 23 bhp sounds little but is a lot to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
firstly its not a stock head it was......now its a different ball game
Obviously my friend now you wont drive a N/A car. Enjoy your T/C car and go smoke the German techs.. something id like to see personally.

Last edited by V-16 : 17th January 2008 at 20:39. Reason: add
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 20:40   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
All I did is to try and bring a little decorum and make this thread useful by posting this
I will have to agree. That is a good format to post.
Hope other people running turbo jobs follow suite.

And oh yes, A very Happy Birthday to you.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 23:04   #234
BHPian

Err If im not wrong this was my intention too,But seems for some reason i was going off-topic,By giving out info on some one doing a rip-off job and some who should be genuinely Praised for his work is something people should be posting about..Guess Newbies arent taken seriously on T-bhp
P.S-it Takes ages for a moderators to approve my posts :-) !!
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 10:16   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
So, Race dynamics is built up from scratch i.e. all the hardware and everything researched and developed right here in India.
Is that correct?

Yes. All our nine different platforms of ECUs.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 11:21   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post

After all, what does the so called MPFI tuners do in India? They get the Race Dynamics
and claim that they themself did the map for it, so their claim to fame is that they know how to install it.
Renamo, RD does supply ECUs with base maps, related services and support to many tuners across India. We also install and/or calibrate for some, and there are others like KS who are equipped to do it themselves.
Old 18th January 2008, 21:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
Yes. All our nine different platforms of ECUs.
Can you please elaborate on this? I thought you only made three types as mentioned on your website.

PS: I feel its relevant since we are discussing about what solutions are available to someone who wants to turbo their car.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 13:58   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Can you please elaborate on this? I thought you only made three types as mentioned on your website.

PS: I feel its relevant since we are discussing about what solutions are available to someone who wants to turbo their car.
The products on the website is a single platform with 3 derivatives. The past 4 years we have gone through 5 processor families, tons of hardware, algorithms, operating principles ( piggyback, hybrid, standalones) ,etc We have had in all 9 stable ECU platforms developed and tested ( almost all in motorsports) with our most recent platform (RD0601) meeting all benchmarks of performance, cost, endurance, scalability, etc
Old 20th January 2008, 05:28   #239
BHPian

since this is the turbo charging thread , have to say -
if you got an Audi or SKODA the best guys to play with your turbo I think would have to be the MTM tuning guys

Any MTM experiences anyone?
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 14:06   #240
BHPian

not sure about MTM in india but have been in an audi RS4 which was supercharged by MTM in UK and it was insane....i think you can youtube the car too. top class products not sure about the installers here