Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th December 2007, 17:53   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, congrats on the MR2! Its a brilliant machine with the mid-engine layout and RWD. I have had plenty of stints in it and can attest that its fun to drive. Its also relatively trouble free.

My suggestion : Please dont mess it up with neons etc. Just go for a nice clean paintjob, wheels and tyre upgrade. It looks hot as it is.

P.S. : Its not a twin-turbo.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion : Please dont mess it up with neons etc. Just go for a nice clean paintjob, wheels and tyre upgrade. It looks hot as it is.

Totally agree with your view

P.S. : Its not a twin-turbo.

This particular one is an after market twin - turbo job (Bangalore Regd car-if I am not mistaken) Drives well I heard, had been on sale for a longish time here in Delhi.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 18th December 2007 at 18:15.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 19:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

yes, its not a twin turbo but a twin entry turbo..a common assumption made to be a twin turbo
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 19:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

also if its bangalore registered red..then check again..I am pretty sure its not an aftermarket twin turbo..I am kinda sure which mr2 you bought as well
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 19:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dark red with the big Skunk Racing sticker and chrome wheels? So it's in Delhi now?

Never seen an MR2 TT till now. Maybe it's a Nivvit Bhasin job.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 19:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
Hey guyz today i have bought a toyota mr2 twin turbo for myself and its red in colour...Now iam planning to spend around a lakh or nearby to make it look awesome. What i have in mind is to repaint the total car to skoda blood red and black from between (Hood, lights, boot, and top) and rest red, then get 17' chrome alloys with low profile tyres, underbody neons, xenon lights, side and front-rear skirts.

This is what i have thought to do, Can u suggest something more with some pics, but keep my budget in mind...Cheers to all
Congrats brother for the lovely buy. Firstly what year is she (it should be a post 1990 (Gen-II)owing to the turbo) and is she a convertible, hard top or a T-top. Buddy the MR2 never came with a twin Turbo. It did come with a supercharger (Gen-I). It handles very, very well almost like the more exotic sports cars owing to its small size and mid/rear engine.
Secondly please please dont mess it up with a body kit. If you must then get an original body kit (the gen II has a lot of ferrari look a like body kits which look fab) but do not get one fabricated as it will not look good. At the most if you must, but twin racing stripes across the length of the car starting at the bonnet and ending at the boot.The Turbo MR2 should come with a front air dam and lip and side skirts. If your car has these then dont bother adding anything on as you will scrape every bump on the road. Please no neons they look sick. If you wanna fit 17''ers on your ride I think you will need many a mod to do that, suspension, body (wheel well, and flares at the least if you dont wanna go "Crunch" on every mild dip or whilst turning)
I hope the car is a manual and not an Auto and is a Gen-II not the Gen-III.
Please post pics.

Last edited by V-16 : 18th December 2007 at 19:34.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The MR2 sure was a good car.The older design was one of the most versatile styles to work with.
I hated the latest version,the MR2 Spyder..Lousy piece of metal.
Waiting for some pics..
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 01:18   #23
BHPian

If its the one from bangalore has the steering rack oil seal been replaced already? I was getting the same one for about 5.5 L a few years ago and it had a busted steering rack it ran the drags in 2005 in bangy i think.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 10:28   #24
BHPian

Well its a Delhi registered vehicle and maybe its not a tt, maybe its twin outlet in a turbo or what-so-ever, but iam glad to this new ride with me....From soo much time i have been looking for one but never found...But finally its with me. will post some pics today itself before i send it to workshop for repairs and everything.
carlover84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 13:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Great, waiting for the pics. Im sure you will enjoy every bit of this great sports car which gives terrific bang for the buck. Get every thing sorted out and step on the gas.!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 13:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

the enzo bodykit looks gross.
@carlover84: the MR2 looks great as it is. just buy new footwear(alloy wheels) for her.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 17:10   #27
BHPian

Well today my car has gone for mechanical work pending of the car and will be back after a weeks time as per what i have been told by the mechanic....Hope everything goes fine and then Iam gonna start up with all the cosmetic things which are required on the car.
carlover84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 20:04   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on laying you hands on this Car,Sometimes an MR2 (Maybe this one only) would just careen down MG Road in Gurgaon amidst heavy traffic and people would actually stop and nudge each other "oye dekh farrari" LOL
Just bring on the pics pal , enough of our kudos
rohitgaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 23:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
Well today my car has gone for mechanical work pending of the car and will be back after a weeks time as per what i have been told by the mechanic....Hope everything goes fine and then Iam gonna start up with all the cosmetic things which are required on the car.
Good luck with all the work.Do post pics of the progress,from time to time.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 23:24   #30
BHPian

SIGHTED

As Luck Would have it , I was on my way to Yamunananagr from Karnal today and a HR 01 Regn MR2 spewing Black smoke raced past me, in the passenger seat was a gent wearing the "national" dress of haryana Kurta and langad Dhoti ( His Knee was visible , meaning he was sitting with One leg on the dash. I just kept sailing at my 80-85 but this guy had lovely bearings of speed and was zipping in and out of sugarcane carrying truck and Tractors Traffic and was soon out of sight. Actually with with land Crorepatis here the Exotics are coming in but are being wasted too.
My heart actually went out for this car, I wanted to stop this dude from propping his leg onto the Dash, Even to extent to making an offer to buy the car..
rohitgaur is offline   Reply With Quote