Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th November 2005, 16:42   #46
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdemon
hey guys,

any news about haryans corsa? Has he modded it yet?
I just put in a K&N filter into mine, but i was wondering for it
to take full effect do i need to reset the ECU? does that make any difference? Also with the AC on the pulls gone down guys... any suggestions?
spdemon:

Here is a link that says what modifications require an ECU upgrade or "reprogramming" of your ECU chip. http://soorejandrewspaul.blogspot.co...ge-anyone.html

sAP
sAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 22:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question... How's the GC of Corsa/sail? The dealer claims 190mm, fully loaded does it scrape the underbody on bad roads and speed breakers?
Not off topic - yes i have experienced the underbody scraping the speed bumps on numerous occassion ..it rides too soft so need to approach the bump real slow..but it will never scrape underbody on bad roads niether will the shockers bottom out ...
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 18:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
Haryan, can you publish the make and model number of your LPG kit on this thread? Is it the "permanent" cylinder type? How much did it cost you? Would you recommend it to other Corsa owners? I have a 1.4 SAIL.

Thanks,
sAP
yeah .. i would definitely recommend other Corsa users to go for conversion ..
My LPG kit is OMVL with Lovato's LOVECO ecu .. and yes its permanent tank type which is fitted in car dicky / boot..
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2005, 20:43   #49
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
yeah .. i would definitely recommend other Corsa users to go for conversion ..
My LPG kit is OMVL with Lovato's LOVECO ecu .. and yes its permanent tank type which is fitted in car dicky / boot..
Thanks. And overall cost?
sAP
Old 19th November 2005, 21:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
Thanks. And overall cost?
sAP
depends on your location ...
It costed 28500 for my corsa and
22500 for my Astra
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2006, 01:34   #51
sAP
BHPian

Arrow Corsa: Tuner's car

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
My dad drives an '04 1.4 Gsi too.

Corsas are not the ideal cars for modifying, mate. They're not about power like the Ikon, but about good ride-quality and a smooth journey. I've never heard of a tuned Corsa, but maybe you can do sumthin new and be the first guy to mod a corsa!
The Corsa "B", what was sold in India as the Opel Corsa is a tuner's car in several countries and known by several names. For instance, in Argentina it is badged as a Chevrolet Corsa, in Germany as Opel Corsa, in United Kingdom as Vauxhall Corsa, in China as Buick Sail and in Australia as a Holden Barina.

See tuner's Corsas by clicking on these links at corsamania.com, corsaclub.it, cardomain.com and corsasport.co.uk for starters... and there are several more of them out there.

sAP
Old 28th March 2007, 14:28   #52

I have an Opel Corsa 1.4 GLS Sedan (2002 model) which runs on BRC LPG (done in Kerala in early 2005) and done around 20K now. (14k on LPG).

I have not serviced my Corsa after the LPG. Since i want to fir KN replacement filter, could someone please advice me on what service needs to be done at the GM (some adjustments under the hood) before / after installing the K N filter, free flow. This is because after the LPG installation, I feel that performance is not that good as petrol and I still get an average of 8 km/ltr FE. After LPG, when I switch to petrol mode, it is sluggish now and lot of Misfiring happens frequently in LPG. I believe that this could be because of not tuning the vehicle properly. What tuning needs to be done to get better performance?

I heard that adancing the Ignition timing would help improve the situation. Is this right? if yes how to do it?

regards
ranjithbalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 19:53   #53

I am planning to buy a opel corsa 2003 model car.What is the price can I buy it.Is LPG or CNG kit suitable for it. Does it have a resale value.?
rolandreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 08:51   #54
BHPian

Default Re: corsa 1.4 gsi..suggestions advice

Friends, I drive a 1.6L Opel Astra GSI (MPFI). Recently when I was hunting for some spares on ebay I realized that there are many variants of Astra around the world and unless I know which exact variant was launched in India I cannot buy the spares with assurance. Mine is the later model which has the MPFI 90 BHP engine. Which Astra engine is that at global level ? Here is a link to wikipedia which has a list of Astra engines:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra

Can anyone guide please ?
Pani is offline   Reply With Quote