Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:12   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Is there really a clutch called XTD clutch. The closest i know is an Exedy clutch which is 14k for the swift alone.

Ok found XTD Clutch. reviews as noted

****XTD PISSED ME OFF****: 240SX Forum / 180SX Forum / Silvia Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

Last edited by vikram_d : 23rd December 2007 at 01:17.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:21   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Is there really a clutch called XTD clutch. The closest i know is an Exedy clutch which is 14k for the swift alone.

Ok found XTD Clutch. reviews as noted

****XTD PISSED ME OFF****: 240SX Forum / 180SX Forum / Silvia Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub
Yeah, well there can be a lemon from any manufacture. Their quality might not be good but they seem to be VFM as per what i read in other forums.

Honda-Tech.com: Acura Integra: XTD clutch
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:34   #18
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Ok a bunch of prices I have found from my extensive research on parts...almost all of them are from the US.
1) Forged pistons - US$ 700
2) Cams - US$ 500
3) Brakes - US$ 280 [just the discs]
4) Clutch kit - US$ 200-250
5) Turbo kit - US$ 1200 [just turbo and intercooler]
6) Short shifter - US$ 200
7) Fuel pump - US$ 120
8) Fuel pressure regulator - US$ 75
9) momo accessories - US$ 550
10) Ram air intake - INR 7000? [I like green and piper cross][Foam filter]
11) FFE - SS - Custom job what's the price? [incl. headers]
12) Spark plugs - INR 3000
13) Strut braces front and rear - ???
14) Rims - ??? [some suggestions [please what will go well with the car?]
this is a rough list of prices i have with me...they are all excluding shipping. most of the parts sourced in the US ship free within the US, so shipping costs for me will be from one location to Mumbai...

Comes to a total of about - INR 160K
[Sound right? what would shipping cost me from Cali to Mumbai? air freight]
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:43   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Ok a bunch of prices I have found from my extensive research on parts...almost all of them are from the US.
1) Forged pistons - US$ 700
2) Cams - US$ 500
3) Brakes - US$ 280 [just the discs]
4) Clutch kit - US$ 200-250
5) Turbo kit - US$ 1200 [just turbo and intercooler]
6) Short shifter - US$ 200
7) Fuel pump - US$ 120
8) Fuel pressure regulator - US$ 75
9) momo accessories - US$ 550
10) Ram air intake - INR 7000? [I like green and piper cross][Foam filter]
11) FFE - SS - Custom job what's the price? [incl. headers]
12) Spark plugs - INR 3000
13) Strut braces front and rear - ???
14) Rims - ??? [some suggestions [please what will go well with the car?]
this is a rough list of prices i have with me...they are all excluding shipping. most of the parts sourced in the US ship free within the US, so shipping costs for me will be from one location to Mumbai...

Comes to a total of about - INR 160K
[Sound right? what would shipping cost me from Cali to Mumbai? air freight]


Just double that amount you have arrived at & you have the rough landed cost for your accessories. Enjoy !!!
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:49   #20
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

hmmm i somehow doubt that, simply doubling the amount is not a real equation, on what basis do you say this? have you shipped in parts like these before?
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:53   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hmmm i somehow doubt that, simply doubling the amount is not a real equation, on what basis do you say this? have you shipped in parts like these before?
Let us say i know the rate of duties & the approximate freight involved, unless you want to bring them here saying they are used & condemned parts.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:58   #22
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

oic well hehe the car is old...so i guess one could fib that the parts being for an old car should be considered used and the feared question is to be asked
"to pay duty or not to pay duty"
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:07   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Busa, buddy what are you doing brother? your prices are way, way off the mark man. You are actually misleading the guy here . I know you mean well, so with your permission ill give some realistic figures ...
I deleted my figures as DocG has now got somewhat realistic figures and posted them while was typing....
DocGthe best would be to Import a 325 engine or a E30 M3 engine and plonk it in your car. The only upgrades you would then need would be suspension (yes you would need an upgrade and no the original will not suffice for such a project..turbo et all. You would need to get adjustable shocks and coils surely) wheels/tyres and brakes. Since you are also partly based in Singapore sourcing these parts (would be cheaper from Malaysia IMHO) will not be tough.
Trying to get such an ambitious job done in India is not recommended (not for a moment doubting the job finesse or the capability of any of these tuners but im sure even they would recommend the same as it is after all a big headache and BMWs are not modded every other day here..) Just import the engine with gearbox +wiring harness and ECU/ECM and get it fit in Bombay by one of the tuners like Viper or Karan. That would be a better thing to do.
A filter can be sourced from here, so can the brakes and suspension but the engine and gearbox must be got from out.
A stage two clutch for the swift is alone quoted at 18k and a road worthy cam at 20-odd-K.
The turbo kit also can be sourced from abroad and can be fit here.
Its the cheaper and sure shot way
Meanwhikle enjoy your E30. Sluggish as it may seem, its fun to drive, I had a 520 like that once.

Last edited by V-16 : 23rd December 2007 at 02:15.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:14   #24
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

agreed that the M3 engine of that time would be fun to plonk in and tune...the whole idea of modding this ride with it's own engine is to keep it as stock as possible i know that sounds weird, but i don't want to change the engine block, a few parts here and there ok, adding some parts, fine...
The car has been with my family for 17 years...ie since I was 3 years old...i was buying a new car, but now i'm doing up my darling [who is more dear to me than my girlfriend] and want her as my daily driver...I agree Beamers are not modded often period, leave alone "in india". therefore I want her to be as close to stock as possible, not even planning on boring the engine, or adding a stroker kit!!! i want it to remain a 316i...but with sweet power
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:36   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
agreed that the M3 engine of that time would be fun to plonk in and tune...the whole idea of modding this ride with it's own engine is to keep it as stock as possible i know that sounds weird, but i don't want to change the engine block, a few parts here and there ok, adding some parts, fine...
The car has been with my family for 17 years...ie since I was 3 years old...i was buying a new car, but now i'm doing up my darling [who is more dear to me than my girlfriend] and want her as my daily driver...I agree Beamers are not modded often period, leave alone "in india". therefore I want her to be as close to stock as possible, not even planning on boring the engine, or adding a stroker kit!!! i want it to remain a 316i...but with sweet power

Buddy did'nt you want forged pistons and a highlift cam?? How stock would that be? If you put forged internals you will most probably have to bore the engine and you will need special sleeves for the pistons.
IMHO just get a port and polish job done, get the highlift cam and import a genuine Eisenmann Exhaust system complete with headers. Next get a turbo and run it on the psi recommended that you will not have to change to forged internals, unless you want to drag. Just a port-polish-cam-exhaust-filter job wlll get you a healthy 30+bhp increase. Add a turbo and then its another 20-30 bhp (min),m a lot of things depending. Yes all of the above can be done here easily and you will have the sweet power you want.

Last edited by V-16 : 23rd December 2007 at 02:37.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:42   #26
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

ok, sounds good...will be talking with a bunch of tuners tomorrow. i was aiming at a figure around 200hp put out at the rear wheels...that should make a decent daily driver...in this car it should cause it to rocket 0-100 in about 7 seconds...so yeah that would make it faster than the E30 M3[325i]
what's the need to import the exhaust? i thought India would be the best place to get a full custom job done, understanding the car, and building an FFE as per it's requirements...
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:44   #27
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

oh and OT: V16 you have a beautiful RR in your garage...i officially envy you!!!

thanks everyone for the prompt responses, please try to understand my whimsical attitude as i want the best for my baby...
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 02:55   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
ok, sounds good...will be talking with a bunch of tuners tomorrow. i was aiming at a figure around 200hp put out at the rear wheels...that should make a decent daily driver...in this car it should cause it to rocket 0-100 in about 7 seconds...so yeah that would make it faster than the E30 M3[325i]
what's the need to import the exhaust? i thought India would be the best place to get a full custom job done, understanding the car, and building an FFE as per it's requirements...
Yes but the BMW specific exhaust will definately be a huge cut above the rest. You can get a Remus or a Magna flow here but only the end cans/cat backs. If you can, then import the Eis FFE. Trust me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
oh and OT: V16 you have a beautiful RR in your garage...i officially envy you!!!

thanks everyone for the prompt responses, please try to understand my whimsical attitude as i want the best for my baby...
Thanks mate!! All of us are the whimsical types about our cars. Welcome to the club
Glad to be of assistance. Do keep us posted about the developments.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 17:55   #29
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

hey can someone please PM me Karan Shah's mobile number?

Also I've heard something about AR Motorsports please shed a bit of light on who they arem where they're located and whom i should talk to [with contact numbers]...
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 18:21   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 41
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Pls help me pimp my baby

Wow..! That's a nice car you've got there. I happen to have an E36 316i (M40 engine).Apart from the mods you are into , since it is an M40 , do you happen to have an OBD Scanner for your car ? I am planning to buy myself a carsoft 6.5. If you happen to know any good product for diagonising all the errors on a OBD1 protocol Bimmer , please let me know.
JozfGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pls pls wear helmets!!! ns_jughead Street Experiences 35 3rd August 2009 15:05
Indigo CS TDI "Pimp up my car" mods help required kumargandharva Modifications & Accessories 8 23rd July 2008 02:37
Wanna Pimp Your Ride ? normally_crazy Shifting gears 17 20th October 2006 19:09
Pimp My Ride (UK) Morris Minor bigman The International Automotive Scene 1 19th November 2005 08:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks